Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 11:08 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Pets, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default How to place neighborhood deco on roads/lots/anywhere you want?
Hello there,
sorry if this has been answered before but I couldn't find anything! I'm trying to place some neighborhood decorations on lots but the game obviously doesn't let me. My question is, is there a cheat like moveobjects for editing your town? Or has someone made a mod that enables placing things onto lots/roads/basically anywhere you want?

Thank you in advance
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 12:09 PM Last edited by KatyFernlily : 24th Aug 2021 at 12:20 PM.
To place objects in the world you use the world editor as seen below - some objects cannot be placed in certain areas.

For lots - select edit town from the drop down menu ( the button with the " ... " as see below) - Select the lot you want to add to, then build away -
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Aug 2021 at 6:01 PM
Thanks, that's not quite what I meant.

"some objects cannot be placed in certain areas." → exactly and I was wondering, if there was a mod or something that enabled placing these objects everywhere, including on lots, streets etc.

But I just read somewhere that it's just not possible, so consider this answered
Field Researcher
#4 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 8:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GreenStar
Thanks, that's not quite what I meant.

"some objects cannot be placed in certain areas." → exactly and I was wondering, if there was a mod or something that enabled placing these objects everywhere, including on lots, streets etc.

But I just read somewhere that it's just not possible, so consider this answered

The only way to do this that I know of is through the CAW program, I'm sure if you hop over to the create forum people can give you tips on how to extract the world you want to edit to do this.