Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Sep 2021 at 4:41 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default EA Hair enabled for both genders still wont appear
Hi! A while back I edited the female store hair "Restfully Clean" from Aurora Skies to be enabled for both genders. It worked. Well I cleaned folders and at one point had to redownload and do it again but now no matter what the hair wont appear for males. I went through CASP, did the grid thing. Deleted the file redownloaded over and over again but to no avail. CC hairs switch just fine but not this one for some reason,
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Sep 2021 at 5:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
are you using CASP editor? Or did you use it before? It might have an old CASP file in it that overrides anything you do to a package file CASP.

The method I learned was opening the file up in sims3pe, finding the CASP tag, clicking the grid option, and finding and changing the characteristics through the drop downs in that menu
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Sep 2021 at 5:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Yes, but since you mentioned it was a store item, I'm wondering if you've previously used CASP editor. What CASP editor does is it create a package file of various CASP you edited from the dccache. So it creates a CASP file of the object in question and puts it in your mod folder.

This in sense will override any editing to the same CASP file should you later convert the Sims3pack to a package file in the mod folder or should you edit the CASP located in the dccache files. So it would require you to delete the CASP from the CASP editor package file first.

If you've never used CASP editor, then this is not the problem you are having.

In this case, the only thing I can ask is whether you deleted the caspartcache?

I have not gone to that depth as far as the CASP editor, just converted from a sims3pack to a package file and threw it in the editor. I guess I could clean out my cache files for the heck of it anyway. Cant recall the last time I did that.