Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 5:02 AM
Default If you celebrate Halloween, do you dress up?
Halloween season is upon us and it is one excuse to dress up.

I take advantage of this offer. This year, I'm dressing up as Goldilocks from Goldilocks and the 3 Bears. I would be at the door giving candy to kids who pass by. I would said "The Bears gave me free rein over their house" when the kids that ask where are the bears.

I give a show and snack.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 5:44 AM
Yes! Halloween is my favorite holiday. Sometimes I cosplay, I've been Gaz from Invader ZIM and was also Happy Noodle Boy from the Johnny the Homicidal Maniac comics. (A zentai suit and a paper mache head sculpted around a beach ball, then painted white with an expression cut out. Black cheese cloth over the holes and voila, I'm an angry stick figure.) My sister and I have started dressing up together. Last year we went as scarecrows and went to a haunted house. This year we might be ringleaders. I still kinda wanna go as a raven though. Maybe we can just both be birds.
Screenshots
Theorist
#3 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 5:51 AM
Why...yes, yes I do.

Theorist
#4 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 6:09 AM
*clicks on the closet and let him change his clothes into something normal*
Mad Poster
#5 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 7:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Viktor86
*clicks on the closet and let him change his clothes into something normal*

I'd rather him take it off.

...What? A person can fantasize, right?

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

#6 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 7:46 AM
Default If you celebrate Halloween, do you dress up?
Not this year, no. But ...
Inventor
#7 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 10:38 AM
I haven't dressed up in years. Generally me and my partner stay in and watch movies. The Halloween we were in our old flat, we were in apartments so no one rang our bell, but this time, in this flat, we should be getting some kids knocking. But our door is to the side, not visible from the front, so again we might be missed completely. But I know my partner doesn't really want kids knocking if he can help it so he wont put signs up.

The last time I dressed up, I was a pirate. It started off as a zombie pirate, but by the end of the night the make-up wore off and I just looked like a dirty pirate, which worked.
I might get one of those animal footie pyjamas and a mask to answer the door to the kids. That way I'm comfy enough to enjoy the movies too.

Honestly, Halloween isn't really that big a deal around here. The weather is rarely nice enough for it (either freezing cold or raining) and I'm under the impression that a lot of people don't like it because they see it as 'begging' and they don't like being 'Americanised'. But I like seeing the kids in their costumes and seeing them happy when they get sweets. My partner sees it as a waste of money but he's a grump.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 11:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob
Why...yes, yes I do.

Mad Poster
#9 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 11:42 AM
I wish I did dress up. I haven't done so since the last halloween party I went to. Last year I put on a onesie and watched Breaking Bad - that was it. This year I've been invited to a Halloween party, but I don't know whether I'm gonna go or not. I live in a uni town, so no-one really dresses up unless they're a student planning on getting drunk. I miss when I lived at home and would take my younger siblings trick-or-treating.

If I do go to that halloween party, I have no idea what I'm going as. I mean, I have some crap round the house - I could easily straighten my hair, throw on a bandanna and sunglasses and go as Axl Rose, but I'd rather put more effort in.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Theorist
#10 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 3:32 PM
Damn Rob, you are fit. You must get up off your computer chair and get physical activity now and then. I can't imagine what that would be like.

I always say I'm dressed up like a nerd, and I pull it off pretty well, but it's actually my all-year look.

Resident wet blanket.
Theorist
#11 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
Damn Rob, you are fit. You must get up off your computer chair and get physical activity now and then. I can't imagine what that would be like.

Neither can I.
I thought it would be obvious that it's not a picture of me, especially with the at the bottom.
There's a pic of me on this page, post #2672: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...25#startcomment
Sorry to disappoint, y'all can put your dicks back in now.
Banned
#12 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 4:18 PM
Halloween is the worst part of the year for me.
*disagree mashing intensifies*
And because of who I am, I'm not a fan of scary things and/or cosplay, so the trick or treating is the worst part of Halloween.
Theorist
#13 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
I'd rather him take it off.

...What? A person can fantasize, right?

He has at least wrong gender for that.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Viktor86
He has at least wrong gender for that.

Not to me he doesn't. And apparently @simsample too.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#15 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 6:56 PM
Ah, ignore Sim Sample. He's attracted to everything.
Scholar
#16 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 8:25 PM
I do minimal effort Last year I wore a grey t shirt, black jeans, long black boots, had my hair up in a messy bun (basically everyday me). At my friends house I borrowed a spoon, a bottle of ketchup, and a box of loops. I was....a cereal killer.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 8:30 PM
On second thought, I will resume my reign as Snohomish county's wild child.

Red leather jacket and pumps
White top
Black miniskirt
Purple stocks
Lime green flowing wig

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Theorist
#18 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Not to me he doesn't. And apparently @simsample too.

I already suspected that.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 1:50 AM
I do but never can decide on what to be
#20 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 1:54 AM
If I could only remember how to run a sewing machine, I'd make a costume, I guess. I'd probably be a dinosaur, since I play one in real life.
#21 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 5:24 AM Last edited by Thranduil Oropherion : 3rd Oct 2015 at 5:34 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by stuart-grey
If I could only remember how to run a sewing machine, I'd make a costume, I guess. I'd probably be a dinosaur, since I play one in real life.

When I bother for Halloween, I do the Vampyre thing ..
Hey Stewie! Nopes, I'm not buying the dinosaur crap! Stick these fangs in, *hands over pointy fangs* (you can ever get retractable ones now!) put on your most hideous shirt and we'll go trick or treating All you have to be able to do is hiss 'I vant to suck your blud' without spitting your fangs out too often, it's easy!
Theorist
#22 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 6:50 AM
One of my favorite bands said it best with one of their most atypical sounds...

Scholar
#23 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 7:57 AM
I have nothing to do and nowhere to go this Halloween. I mean, I have these PJs that make me look like a giant walking Sock Monkey. That counts as a costume, right? I'll probably just wear those and play the Sims until I pass out.

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
#24 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 3:11 PM Last edited by stuart-grey : 3rd Oct 2015 at 3:22 PM.
Halloween... that's where the diabetic guy hands out candy to the little kids.

How is that right? I'm gonna hand out little bags of beef jerky and bundles of spinach.

Then I'm gonna try and catch the eggs that will be flying at my house.... eggs are healthy. All the amino acids you body needs in one nice little container. I expect after getting spinach in their sacks, they'll be throwing rotten eggs, tho'.

Quote: Originally posted by Thranduil Oropherion
Stick these fangs in, *hands over pointy fangs* (you can ever get retractable ones now!) put on your most hideous shirt and we'll go trick or treating

meurf... 'Kay. fangs em... Ow do I loof?
Scholar
#25 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 9:13 PM
Wonderful. You look wonderful Stewie

Page 1 of 2