Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Creeping Ivy

by lemoncandy Posted 15th Oct 2009 at 9:32 PM

100 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 87 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Top Secret Researcher
#51 Old 16th Oct 2009 at 10:45 PM
I got a constructive criticism. The leaves look a bit too uniform. Most trees do not grow that evenly, and humans don't trim these kind of trees as much. It would look more natural if they vary in density and depth in different spots of the wall. At least it is how it looks around my old house in San Francisco.

Still, this looks very good regardless.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Test Subject
#52 Old 16th Oct 2009 at 11:36 PM
Thanks so much for sharing your stuffies with us. I love this - it's so beautiful!

Juli
Instructor
#53 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 12:10 AM
Ohhhhhh yeahhhhhh
Cant get enough plants and this one is awesome.
THANKYOU so much
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 5:01 AM
I can't wait to use these...they're perfect for the house I'm building right now. Thank you very much.

I like the rock wall you have them on...where did you get that? (I'm going to feel silly if it's base game, but at least I'll know then. )
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 6:59 AM
lovely! my house is covered in ivy so now I can recreate it almost perfectly! thanks!

I do not suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it!
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 10:19 AM
oh my, I sooo missed ivy in sims3! you're gorgeous!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#57 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 12:33 PM
Pavic: I know about that glitch, it only happens at the edge of the screen when the camera is at a certain angle. I didn't feel it's serious enough to mention.

Tomomi1922: Yep, I was too lazy to make it any more random than this :P

~Alyx~: It's a base game wall, yes, I just made it a lot darker and grainy. It's in the stone category I think.
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#58 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 2:46 PM
Heya Lemoncandy! I wanted to say your ivy looks fantastic in game, but I have one little thing I wanted to point out. I don't know if you knew it or not, but in TS3 you can "Stack" objects. Well, your ivy is cloned from a plant, the only objects in game that don't stack or blend into the ground. So, I was wondering if there were any plans for a version cloned from a painting instead. That way your ivy would be able to span across multiple floors and be placed anywhere on the wall with the right cheats activated. It is of course totally your call, just thought it would be a neat option to add on for fireplaces and such.

Keep bringing out these awesome items! They rock

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#59 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by QBUILDERZ
I was wondering if there were any plans for a version cloned from a painting instead. That way your ivy would be able to span across multiple floors and be placed anywhere on the wall with the right cheats activated.

The ivy's base clone is the tissuebox. Good point about placing higher on walls, to be honest I didn't think of that at all, only fences were on my mind while creating this. Also I didn't know some things won't stack.
If you look at the comments you see that Black0rchid wanted to make a painting version, I hope she will do it
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 7:32 PM
This is wonderful! I allways wished for something like this in TS2, but then I'd have to use a wallpaper with leaves drawn on it. I'm very happy you made this for the sims 3.

Sims addict since 2003
And proud of it!

[Simpage] [Screenhots]
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 12:12 AM
Many thanks for sharing this, i have the same plant where i live & it's EVERYWHERE too lol.
Test Subject
#62 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 5:21 PM
A must have! Tank you! Can you make them in other colors(like for Autum)?
Test Subject
#63 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 2:06 PM
It's been a while I was waiting for something like this and you done it...
It's really great. I can't wait to use it.
Thank you so much for your work in general by the way.
Test Subject
#64 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 2:43 PM
I like it a lot! =) Can I use it for the Sims 2 as well? Can you recolor it in red?
Test Subject
#65 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 2:43 PM
I like it a lot! =) Can I use it for the Sims 2 as well? Can you recolor it in red?
Test Subject
#66 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 4:55 PM
wonderful! Just what I was looking for!
Mad Poster
#67 Old 22nd Oct 2009 at 4:15 PM
Wow. I just placed your ivy for the first time on the fence around my sim's current home, result is spectacular! Really top notch, first rate job.

Winsey: Can't be used in Sims2, no sims3 CC will work in 2.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 1:52 AM
thank you
Test Subject
#69 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 7:39 PM
Beautiful!
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 11th Nov 2009 at 1:20 AM
You have really outdone yourself with this gorgeous ivy.

The ivy that was done for TS2 was some of my favorite content, and I am so glad that you have created ivy for TS3.

Thank you so much for making my game better (and greener!).

centime
Forum Resident
#71 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 1:37 AM
I love it! Thanks!
Test Subject
#72 Old 21st Nov 2009 at 6:02 AM
This is amazing, thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
#73 Old 23rd Nov 2009 at 12:07 PM
Love it! Thanks <3
Test Subject
#74 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 6:11 PM
you just copied it from the bristo wall because it has it too !! :D
Top Secret Researcher
#75 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 4:09 PM
So pretty, just what i have been looking for. Thank you

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Page 3 of 5