Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gwonlyeog
If I were to take a piece of Play-Doh and throw it at a concrete floor as hard as I could, I would've just created a Sims 3 face. :B

That's very true. Not only do the faces look alike (And somewhat ugly) but all that crap almost destroyed my computer and destroyed my friend's!

I'm currently have 616 downloads and their all in their little folders.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 5:21 PM
The Sims 2 - Fun, Faster, More CC friendly, Better expansion packs, Always something entertaining to do, and beautiful sims
The Sims 3 - Slow, Weird Sims, CC hostile, Boring at times, and lame expansions (Aside from Super natural which is soon to come)
Instructor
#28 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gwonlyeog
If I were to take a piece of Play-Doh and throw it at a concrete floor as hard as I could, I would've just created a Sims 3 face. :B

Agreed... Agreed so much!

Formally known as TotallySimsCrazy. Still addicted to custom content.
Simblr
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 12:37 PM
I like how in Sims 2 the faces jiggle into place like pudding. Sims 3 is a load of expensive crap.

I'm currently have 616 downloads and their all in their little folders.
Test Subject
#30 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 11:36 AM
But you all have to admit that The Sims 3 has much more glitches than TS2. However when my game glitches i find it funny.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 12:59 PM
I agree with everybody. What REALLY BUGS ME is that you can never go in the hospital, their work - you know? Thats what I was expecting and it is not that hard. I mean, you can't even shop with them. In the Sims 2, the mini mall was so cute. I still have Sims 3 with all expansions, but I don't really use it as I shout at the computer when they go in a shop

Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
Just like everyone else.
-Margaret Mead
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 5th Aug 2012 at 2:37 PM
I wish I could give up on sims 3 but I cant, my patents won't allow me to order sims 2 or 1 on Internet. So there. The other games were so funny Wierd and cute. It was just so much more realistic but yet fantastical, so yes that's my view on it.

Just Call me Square!
Test Subject
#33 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 2:33 AM
Default Ts2 Vs. Ts3
I feel like TS2 was better because it had alot more realistic features such as, actuall getting in you car backing out of the drive way!! More realistic looking faces, giving your baby or toddler a bath.. etc.. its jus the little things that made it better!!! TS3 Just looks Slightly better and they hooked up with Origin to keep up with your games and that is it!!
Test Subject
#34 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by genchigen17
I feel like TS2 was better because it had alot more realistic features such as, actuall getting in you car backing out of the drive way!! More realistic looking faces, giving your baby or toddler a bath.. etc.. its jus the little things that made it better!!! TS3 Just looks Slightly better and they hooked up with Origin to keep up with your games and that is it!!

this pretty much.
plus the "mamamaa I'm going to corrupt your computer even though you only patched the game once" attitude of the game. The fact that there's hardly any user help, and that they NEVER clean the help section out on the forums. or pin topics that a lot of people have. there's no prunning! the storesets are over priced, and even with supernatural the game couldn't keep me hooked.
Sorry not interested in that over priced beta

plus the wasted space. For all the sims 2 expansions, SP packs, and a downloads folder at MAX (unless you've been collecting cc for years) it's only taking up seven or eight gb on your computer.

That's the basegame of sims 3 alone. so much space is wasted...
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 5:11 PM
I have every sims game and I will say that in my opinion, sims 2 has nothing to worry about!! I love sims 2. My sims are beautiful and the world I feel is open. In this, I mean to say, you can actually go inside and read books and interact and do alot more on sims 2 than in sims 3. It's like they slammed the door in the sims faces with sims 3. Such a strange game. I will remain an avid fan of sims 2. I like variety and I know my way around sims 2 now. I have been playing about a year. Love this game and it's truly original sims. No cookie cutter sims for me! lol
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by genchigen17

I don't think sims 3 looks better. I think they may have added a couple of bells and perhaps forgot the whistle? I do agree with you about the driving and the realistic way in which the animations are done in sims 2.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 3:51 PM
I found the sims to be very ugly in sims 3. I can't imagine my simmies being that ugly! I love my sims 2 and am sticking to it. I hope when they create sims 4, they put the best of all sims games into 1 and make it easier to load and make the playability awesome! I may then switch. Or probably play both. lol
Test Subject
#38 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 8:17 AM
Believe it or not, but I like the graphics much more in Sims 2 than in Sims 3. There is this mild, watercolour-y feel to it that is very easy on the eye. In my opinion the sims themselves also look much better in Sims 2. The Sims 3 simmies are looking a bit blurry and "plastic" and I just can't stand the way they walk and they talk. And stand.
I tried basegame when it came out, but never got to like it, I don't even have it installed anymore. I do get curious about all the new expansions that has come after that of course, but still - I'll stick with Sims 2 until I get tired of it. There are still so many things I haven't tried (too busy building to actually play) so I think it will take a long while yet before I get bored.
Test Subject
#39 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 7:23 PM
Whoa, I just joined this group and there hasn't been a post in months. Where's the Sims 2 love? :P

Anyway, for me I kind of flip flop between the games but mostly, I like TS2 better. TS3 has better graphics, I love the seamless map. The CAS enhancements are great but the Sims themselves aren't as good looking to me. And I also miss some of the old TS2 interactions. But mostly, the thing that bothers me the most is how difficult it is to switch families, the lack of neighborhood templates, and the glitchiness.

Maybe it's because I'm playing TS3 on a Mac and apparently (as far as I can tell), EA hates Macs, but my game glitches, freezes, and refuses to load all the time and it's not because of anything like CC. Sometimes it takes me hours just to even get to the main menu and start my game. I hope this is because they're still patching and updating it, otherwise I've spent a lot of money on a bunch of crap.

I really hate the fact that the CAW tool is only available for PC. I hardly ever play the default neighborhoods. I always create my own and make a surplus amount of Sims to populate it. That's what I loved so much about TS2. I play several different families, make hundreds, and like to create my own little neighborhoods and stories without the default characters. I don't know why they didn't consider that for TS3, I'm sure there are a lot of users with the same mindset as me. I feel as if they know we'll still buy the expanison packs and play and they can do whatever they like. But this is turning into a rant not so much against TS2 and TS3 as it is against EA.

All in all, even though TS3 has its good points and is of a higher graphic quality, I like TS2 a lot better.
Test Subject
#40 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 4:53 PM
Personally while Sims 3 has more bells and whistles the graphics and designs for the characters are teetering precariously on the massive drop section of the Uncanny Valley. For one, when I played 3, I had to get some default replacement eyes, as the default ones were sure, pretty enough and human enough, but they were vague, empty, hollow. It made designing Sims 3 sims creepy and unsettling.

Sims 2 has a cartoon-ier look and to be honest that suits me just fine. They're not supposed to be hyper-realistic in my opinion; that is what it looks like 3 is trying for, in my opinion.

Sims are my escape from reality, not my placebo for it...
Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 7:43 AM
I miss being able to create a COMPLETELY new fresh clean neighbourhood like that *click* And being able to make up the most random storyline ever. Now it takes a very long time IN A SEPARATE PROGRAMME! Although it is good not needing SimCity 4 to make it from scratch, the templates EA or the community gave were more than enough for me. I once created this whole neighbourhood using ingame templates Glamoursville (guess which SP came up just beforehand) which was HEAVILY influenced by Pets. :') memories... But what has TS3 given me? A headache! Oh and CAW keeps breaking!!!!

Just Call me Square!
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 12:31 AM
Because sims 2 faces dont look like clay figures.

Any machinima support or tips sent to me will be VERY much appreciated!
I love the MTS Community!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 1:50 AM
Why I prefer The Sims 2 to The Sims 3
The Sims 3's face templates look like a paper plate colored to look like skin all mashed up and then you put clay on, and ta-dah! A Sims 3 face! Seriously. It is way too uncanny-valley and realistic for my tastes. I liked that The Sims & The Sims 2 weren't completely ultra-realistic. They had cartoony-animation, they reacted to their surroundings, I was entertained by their actions, and I felt like I was controlling a virtual human. THESE SIMS? They'd be better off in a horror movie about mannequins. I was not entertained by them, I felt like I was controlling a log, and they don't feel cartoonish at all. The Sims shouldn't be about hyper-reality. It shouldn't be totally realistic. I LIKED seeing my Sim kid hug their parent when they got home. It was charming. And the Sims looked decent. Again, The Sims 3's Sims look like they weren't even made to be in Sims. They look like they were made to be in some Second Life clone. I was surprised when I looked at the TS3 developer video and didn't see the developers cringing about the Sims. It takes me quite a while to make a Sim where I can maybe squint extremely hard and THINK that this is a Sim. It's sad, honestly.

Also, The Sims 2/1 had better neighborhoods. Pleasantview was a nice return to Neighborhood 1-8 from TS1. Strangetown was so quirky and unique it's my favorite town in the game. Veronaville was a decent idea of creating your own little Romeo & Juliet. The Sims had personality, character, and I liked controlling them and playing with life. Sunset Valley? I'd never thought I'd see anything bad come out of neighborhood 1. While I did like going back to the Goths and Bachelors, maybe even the Landgrabbs, EVEN MRS. AGNES CRUMPLEBOTTOM! But everyone else in TS3's family selection is wooden, boring, and, heck, A GAME FROM THE YEAR 2000 HAD BETTER NEIGHBORHOODS! And that neighborhood had.. 10 lots? I'm really ashamed that EA could actually suck out all of the charm The Sims gave me. Also, it's a Indy Jones pursuit to actually build your own neighborhoods in TS3. You have to download a buggy-beta tool (CAW) to get anywhere, and even then, it was complicated as the entire world history! On the other hand, all you needed to build a city in TS2 was to get SimCity 4, make a small little world terrain, put it in TS2, and a few clicks later and bam. It feels like EA is making a step backwards for Simkind in technology with all this struggle! While you do get new neighborhoods from expansions, those expansions are so system-clogging it's not even worth a try. And the characters are also as bland as crackers with extra salt.

I'd type more, but I really am tired. I need a pint of root beer.
Test Subject
#44 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 6:17 PM
the number one complain i have about the sims 3 - like what almost everyone has mentioned - is the graphics and the way the sims look. it's just...egh. even sims who are supposed to resemble celebrities or actual people do NOT look like them most of the time.

for sims 2, however, you can definitely tell who the sim is supposed to be and they all look unique.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 27th Jun 2013 at 7:19 AM
All the little details and the gameplay in general make TS2 the best. Oh, and I hate that CAW tool. I gave up on using it within 15 minutes.

I'm thinking all through the night
I could be yours just like before
Rewrite another try
'Cause we've had the loneliest time
Test Subject
#46 Old 29th Jun 2013 at 9:01 AM
TS2 is more (Personaly) for storytelling, movie-making and TS3 is more for challenges.

I hate SMS language...
Top Secret Researcher
#47 Old 29th Jun 2013 at 10:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Girls Stories
TS2 is more (Personaly) for storytelling, movie-making and TS3 is more for challenges.

I second that, with cc needed for all of the above and trying to find them for TS3 is impossible to do not mention that the game glitches and crashes while you do it.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Test Subject
#48 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Artimis
I second that, with cc needed for all of the above and trying to find them for TS3 is impossible to do not mention that the game glitches and crashes while you do it.

brb uninstalling sims 3 for good so I can go back to my sims 2 game.

I have so many of the expansions on origin...sims 3 that is, my little brother adores that game but he's not old enough for a origin account so he uses mine. Honestly the only origin game I like playing is sim city four.

and that's just because you can use it to make terrian for sims 2. That game is one of my faverite games ever, and it's almost been out a decade!
Field Researcher
#49 Old 28th Jul 2013 at 4:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sweetlithium
brb uninstalling sims 3 for good so I can go back to my sims 2 game.

I have so many of the expansions on origin...sims 3 that is, my little brother adores that game but he's not old enough for a origin account so he uses mine. Honestly the only origin game I like playing is sim city four.

and that's just because you can use it to make terrian for sims 2. That game is one of my favorite games ever, and it's almost been out a decade!

I had bought the Sims 2 used because Sims 3 crashed my computer. Well I learned how to fix it eventually. Anyway, I like the sims 2 mainly for the interactions, and the 90's feel it had to it [Yes I am aware that it was made in 2000]. Anyway, I don't have a preference between the two though I do find myself playing the Sims 2 more.

[I am so sorry. I didn't know that I needed to join. Feel free to delete this if I have violated a rule.]
Test Subject
#50 Old 30th Jul 2013 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CulMiku
I had bought the Sims 2 used because Sims 3 crashed my computer. Well I learned how to fix it eventually. Anyway, I like the sims 2 mainly for the interactions, and the 90's feel it had to it [Yes I am aware that it was made in 2000]. Anyway, I don't have a preference between the two though I do find myself playing the Sims 2 more.

[I am so sorry. I didn't know that I needed to join. Feel free to delete this if I have violated a rule.]

I haven't figured out how to join social groups on MTS ,
I just like it here because there's no ban for stupid reasons like on GOS

Page 2 of 3