Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Rotatable Driveways

by Mootilda Posted 29th Nov 2013 at 2:44 AM - Updated 27th Feb 2021 at 1:42 PM by HugeLunatic

81 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 57 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 3:04 AM
You, my good Moo, are a beautiful soul for doing this! A guardian angel during my time of darkness! Our new lord and savior!
Site Helper
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 3:49 AM
Next up: rotatable garage doors. Stay tuned.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator THANKS POST
#4 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 5:02 AM
This is so cool! Thank you so much! I'll never have to fiddle trying to get my driveways going the correct way again.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 7:00 AM
There are seriously no words to describe how awesome you are.

This is amazing, you are amazing, & you are making my beloved Sims 2 more amazing!

Thank you for your amazingness & this amazing mod!!!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#6 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 8:10 AM
Can't wait to try this out in game, thank you so much, Mootilda!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 9:56 AM
This is really useful! Thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 11:06 AM
Let me love you! This will be SO handy!
Test Subject
#9 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 11:57 AM
No way Finally after years of uneplainable suffering finally someone did it.Rotateable Driveways.
I wished for them since i started playing Sims 2 and now finally they exist.You are officially a hero.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#10 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 12:17 PM
Oh, lord, what will you come up with next? Finally, the driveways can be shaped to what we want, and not what the game dictates! Yay for Mootilda!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#11 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 12:31 PM
Very neat! I've never bothered placing driveways any other way than the way EA added, because it didn't seem worth the hassle. Now I'll most definitely have to give this a try Thank you for sharing with the rest of us
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
#12 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 1:33 PM
Oh my God, where have you been all my life? I have wanted this forever,so now I totally love you forever! :D
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#13 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 1:58 PM
Brilliant! Abso-floggin'-lutely Brilliant!!! Needed. Wanted. And, nabbed
"Thank YOU"
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 2:32 PM
I have searched for years something like this, but I've never found it. Now you've turned a dream into reality.
Simply fantastic
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 4:43 PM
Marry me Mootilda lol. How long i´m looking for this?? THANK YOU!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#16 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 6:07 PM
I never knew that driveways could be rerouted. What a great mod! Thank you. One more limitation removed.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#17 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 6:21 PM
Excellent work - and thank you for taking the time to specifically test and document the effects of the mod.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#18 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 6:40 PM
Do you know how long I've waited for this? Years... Now i finally have it! You are a god mootilda
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 8:38 PM
I didn't even know, I wanted this. But man! This is sooo great!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 10:55 PM
Now I can make more lots have that "park on the street" look. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 1:11 AM
OH MY GOD THIS IS AMAZING. I've broken my back forever trying to get turned driveways and garages and all that nonsense and I'm SO GLAD to have this now!!! Any chance of doing it for garage doors?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#22 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 1:49 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 30th Nov 2013 at 4:06 AM.
I'm working on the garage doors now. As expected, there are some issues which I'm trying to resolve. I'm hopeful to have something soon.

The current logic works fine, as long as there is an entrance and an extension, both facing in the same direction, with the garage door between them facing towards the entrance. However, I'd like to get it working with just an entrance or just an extension.

If people would like the current logic, then I could just finish testing and upload that, then update when I get the more general logic working. I've attached a picture of the current logic, in case my explanation is difficult to understand.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
I'm working on the garage doors now. As expected, there are some issues which I'm trying to resolve. I'm hopeful to have something soon.

The current logic works fine, as long as there is an entrance and an extension, both facing in the same direction, with the garage door between them facing towards the entrance. However, I'd like to get it working with just an entrance or just an extension.

If people would like the current logic, then I could just finish testing and upload that, then update when I get the more general logic working. I've attached a picture of the current logic, in case my explanation is difficult to understand.

That looks great to me, plus I bet I can find away around needing both peaces for now.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 4:41 PM
I needed this, thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 6:32 PM
I bow to your greatness! This is amazing!
Page 1 of 4