Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Oct 2020 at 8:42 PM
Default Help On Milkshape
I have had this problem with milkshape for a while and have tried searching for how to fix it but with no success. Hopefully someone might have a clue to it. I have never had this experience before and have no clue to it. As can be seen from the image below, the three wireframe windows have the object all in black as opposes to the normal white frames. 

Once like this, I cannot select any vertex. Is there a way of getting those blacks off and returning it to the default white normal frames. Thanks a lot as I await feedbacks
Advertisement
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Oct 2020 at 6:08 AM
Hi Adonis,

I don't know what the heck you selected by accident.  It's not something I can find quickly and I don't have the time right now for extensive research. 

One question.. Is it just this one mesh or all meshes?  Troubleshooting 101.

If all meshes are affected like this then I'd just reinstall Milkshape.  Go back to default.  It doesn't take long. 

If it is just this one mesh, then I hope you saved all your creation steps.  Just go back to a good version. Good luck.

porkypine
Echezzman Nwokeoma
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by porkypine
Hi Adonis,

I don't know what the heck you selected by accident.  It's not something I can find quickly and I don't have the time right now for extensive research. 

One question.. Is it just this one mesh or all meshes?  Troubleshooting 101.

If all meshes are affected like this then I'd just reinstall Milkshape.  Go back to default.  It doesn't take long. 

If it is just this one mesh, then I hope you saved all your creation steps.  Just go back to a good version. Good luck.

porkypine
Thanks for the heads up, unfortunately, it is for all the meshes. I have reinstalled milkshape and its still the same.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#4 Old 21st Oct 2020 at 12:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AdonisPluto
Thanks for the heads up, unfortunately, it is for all the meshes. I have reinstalled milkshape and its still the same.

Oh hey! I just now realized you made moderator!  Congrats!

If the reinstallation did not work, then you need to make sure you are doing a clean install.   Just uninstalling something doesn't always clean out the program files.   When you delete something off your had drive, all it does is set the starting flag to 0 so the computer says this space is free. The content is still there. All the installation is doing is reading the pre-existing installation rather than overwriting it.  It just resets the flag so it is visible.  It does not make any actual changes to what is already on the drive.  Go into Programs and Features and uninstall Milkshape completely. Then close Control Panel. Open  file explorer and find the Milkshape directory.  DELETE the entire folder and subfolders.  REBOOT.  Now do a clean installation from a fresh download. Install Milkshape in a differently named path or in a different hard drive.  If you put it on a different drive, then it is not reactivating the old corrupted installation. See if that fixes this issue.  Good luck.  

If the above does not work, You have the nuclear option. 
I was an IT tech for years but I am not going to tell you how to hack a registry because I don't want to take responsibility if you trash your registry and destroy your operating system.    If you know what I am talking about, that should be enough of a hint that you can figure the rest out on your own.       
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 23rd Dec 2020 at 4:01 AM
@AdonisPluto , I don't know if you fixed your Milkshape problem already, but I figured I'd say this here just incase someone comes across this dilemma too (me included). To fix it, I simply went to File --> Preferences... --> Restore Defaults.

Echezzman Nwokeoma
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Dec 2020 at 4:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ClaudetteCorleone
@AdonisPluto , I don't know if you fixed your Milkshape problem already, but I figured I'd say this here just incase someone comes across this dilemma too (me included). To fix it, I simply went to File --> Preferences... --> Restore Defaults.
Thanks for the information. I had already done that but forgot to update this post. That's the fix.