Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Nov 2022 at 2:31 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Can't get a gig
Hi. My sim is in the singer profession in The Sims 3. She is at the top level and the audition for gig interaction still isn't showing up. I was wondering if there is a mod that fixes this.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 7th Nov 2022 at 6:43 PM
is the audition for gig interaction greyed out or something? is it likely that your sim has already had a gig on the same day when you tried to have her audition?

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Nov 2022 at 9:57 PM
No, the interaction is missing, and it happens when I don't already have a gig scheduled.
Instructor
#4 Old 8th Nov 2022 at 1:41 AM
hmmm... perhaps there was another performer who was going to have a gig at the same venue your sim was trying to get audition? try another proprietor and see if it shows up.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Nov 2022 at 1:52 PM
I tried all of them. I couldn't get the audition for gig interaction to show up with any of them. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Instructor
#6 Old 8th Nov 2022 at 3:49 PM
oh I forgot to tell you that I've read it somewhere if your sim has had enough steady gigs (like 3 or 4, can't remember the exact number), your sim couldn't get any audition. I used to play Javed Meir, an acrobat who had four steady gigs and did no longer try to find audition.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Nov 2022 at 9:34 PM
I was only able to get one steady gig, at the park. I wanted to play at better venues so I ended up quitting that one. After that the audition for gig interaction never showed up again for the proprieters.
Instructor
#8 Old 9th Nov 2022 at 1:15 AM
do you still have a backup in which your sim didn't quit the steady gig at the park? try reloading it and see if your sim could get audition.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Nov 2022 at 3:04 AM
No, I don't unfortunately. So do you know of a mod that would fix the interaction?
Instructor
#10 Old 9th Nov 2022 at 4:52 PM
okay, so let me ask a few final questions;
1. Are you playing the game with in-game story Progression on or off or modded one?
2. Are you installing more steady gigs by NonaMena by any chance?
3. Did your Sims just have a gig yesterday or the day before yesterday prior to the audition you couldn't get?

My guess, is your game got glitched when your sim quit the steady gig at the park. Twallan's Overwatch and ErrorTrap could fix it, but in your case, I need a handful of details. Showtime careers are known to be bugfest, so it's best you need to make backups before doing and leaving gig, audition and simfest.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th Nov 2022 at 11:09 PM
I have the Nraas Story Progression mod installed. No I do not have NonaMena's More Steady Gigs installed. And I have gone several in-game days trying to get the interaction to show up.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 9th Nov 2022 at 11:26 PM
Also, I should point out that I already have ErrorTrap and Overwatch installed, but the problem persists.
Instructor
#13 Old 9th Nov 2022 at 11:50 PM
Okay, so here's what I suggest:
1. First make a backup,
2. If you already have Twallan's Master Controller with cheat module, have your sim quit the singer career within the mod, then reassign them back and automatically levelling to the top, and see if your sim could get audition.
3. If the problem persists, reload the backup, then quit your sim's career by the mod and reassign them back, but this time you need to progress the career yourself, starting at entry level and see if it works.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 11th Nov 2022 at 10:24 PM
Well I think I figured out how to get an audition. I found the interaction. The strange thing is it's blank. It doesn't say anything on the interaction. But it works, so that's good enough for me.