Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Nov 2022 at 2:45 PM Last edited by featherkeys : 16th Nov 2022 at 10:55 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default What is preventing my sim from getting opportunities? [solved]
I'm trying to get a SimBot through the opportunity chain. My sim has been level 10 inventing with 100% inventions discovered since she was a teenager. Now she is an adult and the opportunity just won't appear. I can't assign it with nraas mastercontroller or debug. It seems I can't assign *any* opportunity to this sim.

She's recently given birth, so I wonder if there's some kind of timer involved? I've read that the opportunity won't come up if the household is full, but currently her household is just 3 sims. Is there anything that would prevent debug commands from forcibly assigning the opportunity?

Edit: I tried a bunch of things that I had already tried before, including splitting her into her own household and resetting the sim, clearing opportunity history with debug, and assigning the opportunity manually. I saved and cleared caches. She's finally unborked, but I don't know exactly how/why.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 16th Nov 2022 at 8:25 PM
have your sim had any opportunity before, like at the start of the game until your sim had a child?
this mod might fix your issue, https://modthesims.info/d/560635/op...x-and-more.html

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Nov 2022 at 9:23 PM
I don't remember getting the call before, but I've been playing her for a while. She's traveled to a WA world as a teen and moved to a different town as a YA.

I don't have issues with skill opportunities in general, it's just this one sim. Even with the mod, the opportunity call will come but accepting it won't make it show up in the tab, as if I never accepted in the first place or cancelled it.