Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#401 Old 13th Jul 2007 at 4:05 PM
can this tutorial be used to shrink clothes for children or teens? this is a great tutorial, very clear. i intend to use it for real once i have the time...

*waves hi*
Advertisement
#402 Old 13th Jul 2007 at 6:21 PM
I keep trying to get to the Export step, but the screen I see doesn't have a Export button or a little Drop-down menu with XYZ or whatever that is. Im like, really confuzed!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#403 Old 13th Jul 2007 at 9:04 PM
hopawaay109 - no, you cannot, because you cannot change the skeleton using meshtool. You would need to go learn unimesh instead - instructions are at the end of tutorial #3 (and you'll need to know how to do things from all 3 tutorials to make it work)

Hyperactive - you need to be viewing the item with plugin view - if you have clicked on the gmdc, and you don't see the stuff on the bottom of the screen, see if you can find the 'plugin' tab on your screen and click that.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
#404 Old 13th Jul 2007 at 9:50 PM
I do, but it wont work. I downloaded that Directx thingie but it keeps showing that message, whatever it says.....
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#405 Old 13th Jul 2007 at 10:34 PM
You also need to install the direct x thing.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
#406 Old 13th Jul 2007 at 10:53 PM
I did.
Instructor
#407 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 11:14 AM
HML, can u show me a pic please?
#408 Old 16th Jul 2007 at 10:29 AM
LOL! My dad helped me figure out what was wrong. So, now I can finish it!
#409 Old 16th Jul 2007 at 11:24 AM
Oh man. The mesh didn't come out right! All the Parts of the dress I ,ade were flying everywhere! It looked cool though!
Test Subject
#410 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 3:36 PM
Amazing! I had NO trouble following your very complete instructions and my gown turned out right the first time through. Of course I did it a half dozen more times to drill it into my brain. Thank you!!!

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.
Field Researcher
#411 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 2:36 AM
Very awesome tutorial!! I never dreamed I would be able to mesh, now I can!! Very nicely written and easy to follow! Thanks.
Sockpuppet
#412 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 1:13 PM
Hi,

I've got a problem, I exported the GMDC from an existing mesh into .obj from SimPE 0.62 and without editing, I imported it into Mesh Tool and SimPE but it display with straight arms in bodyshop !

I don't understand where is my mistake, can you help me ?
Screenshots
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#413 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 9:14 PM
You can't use a user-modified mesh, if that's what 'existing mesh' means. Meshtool is designed for using original game meshes and you must use the game mesh gmdc to do the rebuild. It looks like your mesh is totally lacking bone assignments -- you didn't import the obj did you - you used meshtool to build a gmdc and replaced that?

As a simple experiment - follow the directions - when you get to the editing part, simply grab one vertex and move it to make a very visible spike in your mesh. Follow the rest of the instructions. Make sure you can get your modified mesh into the game properly.

Sockpuppet
#414 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 10:04 PM Last edited by Kabuto : 7th Aug 2007 at 10:32 PM.
1) When I try my own obj in Mesh Tool, it create a .simpe with the model from the original .5gd but not from my own .obj !
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#415 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 12:06 AM
if you are editing a top or a bottom, you cannot move the _waist_ area, or the pieces will not match up anymore. If you are trying to make a super-slim sim, you should use a mesh that is a full body mesh.

Sockpuppet
#416 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 12:44 PM
Finally with this method, I can't apply joints to any model, so I decide to use the Milkshape 3D/UniMesh method because it works !
Sockpuppet
#417 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 10:18 PM
Milkshape 3D helps me to find the problems !

First when I import the .obj in Wings 3D, the "body" object name become "body_default"
a material was added so that's why Mesh Tool can't handle properly this .obj !

So the joints can't be assigned to this new model that's why in bodyshop the mannequin keep his arms straight !

Now I try to assign joints to my previous model but Milkshape 3D seems to be able to do it (TS2 UniMesh AutoJoint) !
I think the model is fixed, I will try it in my mesh !
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#418 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 11:30 PM
Kabuto - you can use unimesh, or you can use meshtool, but not both together. I do suggest switching to unimesh. Wings 3D has special instructions to follow if you wanted to use Wings, if you do not want to use unimesh/milkshape you will need to find and follow them.

Test Subject
#419 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 9:02 AM
hey I have a problem where do I have to click if I will run simsPE ? when I click on ColourOptionsSetup_6.0_Setup.nolink i get the setup please can you help me?
Test Subject
#420 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 1:43 PM
i need help! uNFORTUNETLY i CAN'T GET PASSED STEP 4! I don't get how to open the file up. And in saved sims it won't show up! Hate this.

Weeee! I can't work my q-express installer does anyone know how to work it?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#421 Old 27th Aug 2007 at 4:37 AM
Amburr - I don't think that file has anything to do with SimPE - try going to the SimPE site again and downloading the program and everything needed, and installing them.

lblior - I'm not sure how else to describe where your file would be - did you hit 'import' when you ran bodyshop to create the file? Do you know how to view your directory on the pc by date?

Test Subject
#422 Old 28th Aug 2007 at 3:55 PM
I can't find where to get the thing to open up in pic 2. Could you help me? I lokated my files ,but I tryed to open it and it won't. It has to do with adobe reader. It can't read it. Yes I did import the files.

Weeee! I can't work my q-express installer does anyone know how to work it?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#423 Old 28th Aug 2007 at 8:16 PM
adobe reader? I did you actually install SIMPE? Or did you simply download and install some documentation? Can you find and run SimPE on your computer? Go back to the SimPE site, look for all the necessary downloads, and download them AND install them on your computer. Then try right-clicking on the file and see if 'open with' offers SimPE as an option.

Inventor
#424 Old 29th Aug 2007 at 8:06 AM
I keep follow this tut through Simpe.... An my mesh keeps disapearing.... I can't get through the first part... And I've been through it at least five times.... I can't seem to place whats going wrong... I did what you said if it doesn't work do steps 3 and 4 again.... I did that...... An I also redid the whole thing..... I just can't figure out what's going wrong. Please help
!@_o!

At my final resting place
!@_o!
Test Subject
#425 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 10:29 PM
I love this tutorial, it's so easy and great!

But I have one problem: When I try to save the "body2" in Milkshape, a popup-box comes up and says: "This Copy Is Not Registered!"
What does that mean? Please help me!

-- DCECILIE
Page 17 of 21