Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 10:45 PM
I wish I could find a mod for population control like there were for sims 2 (No NRAAS.None of his mods work for me, I think it's my computers fault, because is a slooooow one) I want to choose a world for females only.

And I wish, EA Maxis, or a cleverer modder, should be aware about PC meaning, because in all sims games the PC is everything but PERSONAL. For further understanding:
My sims wants a PC for each one, not one PC for EveryOne...
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#77 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 4:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chete69
I wish I could find a mod for population control like there were for sims 2 (No NRAAS.None of his mods work for me, I think it's my computers fault, because is a slooooow one) I want to choose a world for females only.

First you need a faster computer
Second, you need NRAAS SP+Population, NRAAS MC+Cheats and NRAAS register.
In SP, set the service people to use residents. This option comes with starting SP when it asks about city council running out vagrants.
Set immigration to all females in General options->Lots->immigration and scroll down to immigrant gender.
The go to Town Hall and click NRAAS-> register and set to "no immigrants" and it will pick residents for register positions.
Then with NRAAS MC, click on the town hall and go NRAAS MC-> Sim->Advanced and pick either kill or total annihilation, the difference is that kill will put tombstones in the mausoleum (and they can be brought back to life) while total annihilation removes them from the game. Select male gender for the sims.
I found that undesired sims still creep in, so you have to clear them out from time to time.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#78 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 5:59 AM Last edited by igazor : 25th Sep 2018 at 7:19 AM.
Well, that's almost right but Service Sims cannot be residents so I'm not sure which option was really meant there. They are assigned from the service pools and really need to be "replaced with immigrants" using the options that come with SP Population and the gender settings under General > Options:Sims > Options:Immigration/Emigration just like the resident options under General > Options:Lots.. There will also be this pesky little problem with reproduction that has to be addressed with SP under its Pregnancy options or else males will be born into this world, assuming that same gender reproduction is allowed for between females and they aren't restricted by their chromosome pairs to produced females only. And that has be watched over as well because no mod can cover the gender of babies beyond the first one resulting from multiple births (twins, etc.). If that's not the way this is going, then the gender of adoptees would need to be controlled, provided that the player is intending to age progress this world and plan for future generations.

There really isn't any way to provide that level of population control, that I know of, without allowing for the control of the rest of story progression as it's all so entwined together.

I'm a little puzzled over no NRaas mods being workable at all. Certainly NRaas StoryProgression has an impact on performance, but others like MasterController do not, nor do the ones like Overwatch, ErrorTrap, Register, and Traffic that are designed specifically to enhance performance. That doesn't give Chete69 what they want in this case, but if their their game is that borderline operational already I have to wonder if they can run any script mods at all. Mere tuning mods won't do the job here.
Mad Poster
#79 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 10:24 PM
A mod that spawns a brook somewhere randomly in the ocean, which can be clicked and surfed on. Of course for fair use, should only work If the Surf Station is installed otherwise it would be illegal for the author to steal the animation.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 9:05 PM Last edited by simgamer18955 : 9th Oct 2018 at 1:38 AM.
As someone who is currently building in a custom world, I wish there was a mod to add/change street addresses. It's lame how they never managed to add that feature in-game considering players will add additional lots to the world. Maybe it's not that big of a deal but I want to make a house on Llama Palooza Lane darn it!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#81 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 9:20 PM
@simgamer18955 You can if you take the world into CAW, but it's very tricky to get an existing save file into CAW.
Mad Poster
#82 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 11:01 PM
It is possible though, right? Assuming your PC doesn't have a weird feud with CAW?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#83 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
A mod that spawns a brook somewhere randomly in the ocean, which can be clicked and surfed on. Of course for fair use, should only work If the Surf Station is installed otherwise it would be illegal for the author to steal the animation.

Have you seen MsPoodle1's mod? It removes the boundaries so you can use the surf station on beach lots. It's not completely random, but it is sort of realistic (since most surfing occurs near shorelines)?

http://mspoodle1.tumblr.com/post/14...ts3-store-surfs
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 1:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@simgamer18955 You can if you take the world into CAW, but it's very tricky to get an existing save file into CAW.

Since I already have the world file, I think I might go back into CAW and edit the street names from there. I will just have to save all the lots I made into the library and plop them back into the world once I export it again.

Now I would do what you suggested, but I have no idea on how to do that.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#85 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 11:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simgamer18955
Now I would do what you suggested, but I have no idea on how to do that.

Here's the original discussion thread:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...916#post3903916
Someone on a site called SimThis made a nice tutorial, the site is gone unfortunately but I saved the tutorial:
https://simfileshare.net/download/385218/
Top Secret Researcher
#86 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 1:23 PM
Default My Stupid question of the day
Why would I want to turn a save file into a world in CAW, when there should be a world file in the Installed world directory for that game?

Sims are better than us.
Top Secret Researcher
#87 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 3:43 PM
A mod I've always wanted: a randomizer for clothing. Both item and pattern.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#88 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Why would I want to turn a save file into a world in CAW, when there should be a world file in the Installed world directory for that game?

Well, if for example you started with Sunset Valley and demolished all of the houses, and built new houses over several generations, and added objects through the in-game world builder, and then decided you want to add a road... well it might be easier and quicker to take the save file into CAW, add the road and then use Porter to put all of your sims back. Otherwise you'd have to save a copy of each lot, edit a fresh copy of the world to add the road and delete all the lots, then add all of your new lots back in EIG... coult take a long time.
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 6:03 PM
At this point I want something like Easy Casp Editor that is still works...
Top Secret Researcher
#90 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 10:05 PM
I wanna mod to make the aliens more like Vulcans.

Sims are better than us.
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 8:44 AM
A mod that lets teens wear YA-A clothes. Like literally NO ONE make clothes for teens anymore. I know Nrass MC has a setting for this but it doesn't work (for me at least anymore.)
Instructor
#92 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 3:47 AM
The mess for YA-A clothes don't match with teens necks so they end up with floaty head syndrome. There are some out there, I know Kent converts has a lot of converted EA clothes to other ages, Club crimsyn has some nice teen stuff, so does one billion pixels. If I my computer wasn't broken I could probably give you a few more ideas but those are off the top of my head, some of my must have places now. Sorry I don't have the links but they should be easy to find.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#93 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 6:23 AM
Plus, whenever there's a YA-made clothing enabled for teens, it makes the teens look strangely muscular and/or have too adultish bodies while remaining at the teen height.

Conversions would work, but a mod wouldn't.
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 5:19 PM Last edited by PizzaPartyForever : 16th Jan 2020 at 6:38 AM.
@Kylaaab @Mandelyn When I use the cross-age feature that MasterController has I’ve never had a problem with floaty heads or weird musculature with teens. My main problem is just that whatever outfit I pick just reverts back to outfits that are default enabled to teens.

An example.

Like I see that she’s slightly skinnier in default teen clothing but I would be willing to sacrifice that to be able to dress her however I want. I'm stupid, crazy picky about how i want my sims to look, and what cc i want to use on them lol.
Instructor
#95 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 4:49 AM
What I would love is a green recycling bin that's a composter. After putting ever so many dead plants in it, the next day it would yield several bags of fertilizer. I know the gardening station can turn food scraps into ferts, but it doesn't let you recycle barren plants into it and that kinda kills its usefulness to me.
Scholar
#96 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 12:02 PM
I think the OMGWTFBBQ and no social worker mods from ts2 should exist for ts3.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#97 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 1:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by orose
What I would love is a green recycling bin that's a composter. After putting ever so many dead plants in it, the next day it would yield several bags of fertilizer. I know the gardening station can turn food scraps into ferts, but it doesn't let you recycle barren plants into it and that kinda kills its usefulness to me.

Do you think there's any way of modding the gardening station?
Instructor
#98 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 3:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Do you think there's any way of modding the gardening station?

I'm not entirely sure- the current extent of my modding abilities is tuning mods, lol and I'm certain this would require scripting. That said, if I were going to look at it from the standpoint of how I'd do it if it were possible...

The complicated way: Check if removing dead plants actually generates some sort of hidden item, temporary or not. I had assumed it generates something because garbage cans can fill up, but I don't know for sure and I can't remember seeing any sort of garbage item when using Master Controller to flush objects from my lots. It could well be that garbage/recycling bins are simply coded to be full after ever so many interactions. Then I'd have to see if the script for removing dead plants and the hypothetical hidden item can be tweaked from the gardening station and/or attempt to code new functionality to turn ever so many instances of the hypothetical garbage item into fertilizer.

The simple way: Akip worrying about an item that may or may not even exist and just try and create an additional interaction on the recycling bin that creates fertilizer every time the bin is used or somehow piggyback the gardening station's fertilizing script onto the recycling bin.

But again... I don't know how to script mod for TS3 yet, so this is only theory based on what I know of other coding/programming systems.
Mad Poster
#99 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 6:14 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 13th Oct 2018 at 6:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by orose
I'm not entirely sure- the current extent of my modding abilities is tuning mods, lol and I'm certain this would require scripting. That said, if I were going to look at it from the standpoint of how I'd do it if it were possible...

The complicated way: Check if removing dead plants actually generates some sort of hidden item, temporary or not. I had assumed it generates something because garbage cans can fill up, but I don't know for sure and I can't remember seeing any sort of garbage item when using Master Controller to flush objects from my lots. It could well be that garbage/recycling bins are simply coded to be full after ever so many interactions. Then I'd have to see if the script for removing dead plants and the hypothetical hidden item can be tweaked from the gardening station and/or attempt to code new functionality to turn ever so many instances of the hypothetical garbage item into fertilizer.

The simple way: Akip worrying about an item that may or may not even exist and just try and create an additional interaction on the recycling bin that creates fertilizer every time the bin is used or somehow piggyback the gardening station's fertilizing script onto the recycling bin.

But again... I don't know how to script mod for TS3 yet, so this is only theory based on what I know of other coding/programming systems.

Lol I'm don't even know how to do script mods at all (yet), simply not an area that I've spent much time in.

I'm hypothesizing that there must be an 'allowed' list of items that can be placed into the gardening station- I wonder if adding an entry for 'garbage' (the object your sim carries after removing the dead plant) might be the solution- it might be even more realistic in allowing people to pretend that they're putting the kitchen garbage into the gardening station as well. From there onwards you can do some mesh replacement and possibly even effect removal to make the garden station look more like a composer.

If you want a composer item that produces an actual 'fertilizer' item, you would probably have to define a new 'fertilizer' item (probably cloned from the life fruit, renamed and assigned a new mesh), and clone and edit a trash can so that it accepts the items you put into it and produces a 'fertilizer' item in return.
Instructor
#100 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Lol I'm don't even know how to do script mods at all (yet), simply not an area that I've spent much time in.

I'm hypothesizing that there must be an 'allowed' list of items that can be placed into the gardening station- I wonder if adding an entry for 'garbage' (the object your sim carries after removing the dead plant) might be the solution- it might be even more realistic in allowing people to pretend that they're putting the kitchen garbage into the gardening station as well. From there onwards you can do some mesh replacement and possibly even effect removal to make the garden station look more like a composer.

If you want a composer item that produces an actual 'fertilizer' item, you would probably have to define a new 'fertilizer' item (probably cloned from the life fruit, renamed and assigned a new mesh), and clone and edit a trash can so that it accepts the items you put into it and produces a 'fertilizer' item in return.

If there is a list of allowed items that'd be awesome- I'll have to see if I can do some digging in the game files later.. I'm looking at the way the gardening station is coded right now, and in the XML, there's this:

Quote:
<kMaxObjectsInInventory value="3">
<!--Max number of compostable ingredients that can be placed in object's inventory-->

So now I'm wondering if I'm looking at it from the wrong end of the problem. If indeed a garbage item exists, maybe there also exists a true/false value for making an item compostable that could simply be toggled. Darnit, this is gonna nag at me until I find out one way or the other isn't it?
Page 4 of 35