Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 12:18 PM Last edited by simsgat : 25th Aug 2021 at 10:57 AM.
Default Thumbnail Downloaded Objects [Resolved]
Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask a question regarding the objects that one downloads. Is there any way to put a colored background on the objects that one downloads so that it is easier to differentiate them from those that the game brings? All if you have many downloaded objects and it is difficult to find one in particular.

Thank you.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 2:41 AM Last edited by Corylea : 24th Aug 2021 at 7:29 PM.
@Simsgat, it IS possible, but it would be a lot of work if you have a lot of downloaded objects.

I just tried recoloring the background of the dishwasher I uploaded a few days ago, and it did work, as you can see in this picture:

But to do that, I had to open the object in IFF Pencil, extract the BMP files for the catalog picture, recolor them in Photoshop, import them back into the object, making sure to specify the same name, number, and type as the pictures I wanted to replace. It's pretty easy for creators to do this when they're making an object, but for a user to do this to dozens or hundreds of objects ... that would be a huge job.

I'll try to remember to recolor the catalog thumbnails of the objects I make in the future, but I don't think I have the time or energy to redo the thumbnails of the dozens of objects I've made already. I have a chronic illness that greatly limits me, so I don't have a lot of energy to begin with. Extracting, recoloring, and importing all those thumbnails ... I just haven't got the energy for that. But I'll try to remember to do it for future items!

When I hack an item, I usually price it at 1 simolean cheaper than the regular object, to make it easy to find. Which makes me think -- It's VERY easy to re-price an item in the Transmogrifier. Maybe you could re-price the items you're having trouble finding? If you make them all cost 1 simolean, they'd all be clustered together at the front of the catalog. Or if that's too cheaty, you could price them a single simolean cheaper than an equivalent object, which would still make them easier to find than they are now.
Screenshots

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 7:51 PM
Thanks @Corylea for answering me.
Thanks to your instructions I have been able to do the same and give a different colored background.
I have tried to color in a different way and also to put a kind of frame to differentiate it leaving its original color. Now I am in doubt about What color to leave or if I leave a frame or not. It is a good idea that you can color the objects that you have modified, for me it helps to find them, but I do not know if more people would like the idea. 1 simolean objects, but I would lose a bit of grace to buy them, so I imagined if the background color could be changed.
I hope you get better and that it is lighter with your day to day. That is why I want to thank you again for all your If your answers and your modified objects,
I would not know how to do it alone.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 8:46 PM
You're very welcome!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html