Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Late Night - Buyable Mailbox and Trash Chute

by HugeLunatic Posted 3rd Nov 2010 at 8:05 PM - Updated 26th Jun 2012 at 3:19 PM by HugeLunatic

97 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 55 Feedback Posts, 41 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
#26 Old 15th Nov 2010 at 9:01 PM
I had a major conflict, this mod removed all my elevators and some of my windows were changed. I had to remove it to get my elevators back. I couldn't use the mailbox or trash chute. Also the npcs apartments didn't let me put the trash chute in.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#27 Old 15th Nov 2010 at 10:04 PM
The only thing this will conflict with is another mod that alters either the trash chute or the wall mailbox. There is no way it can conflict with either windows or elevators. Check your other mods. And why exactly are you trying to put a trash chute in an NPC apartment? They don't need anything inside them to function.
Test Subject
#28 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 8:28 AM
Download link no longer working
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
Test Subject
#30 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 4:24 AM
Muchos Arigato, Consigliere.

Just a member. Pay me no mind.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 8:28 PM
Thank you very much for this. If I am understanding correctly, the mailbox and/or the trash chute will not appear in buyDebug mode at all without it?

Also I AM NOT ASKING FOR HELP with the next part of my comment, but after installing three mods which had absolutely nothing to do with the LateNight bar, my teenage sim could no longer get the option to practice her mixology skills. (She also couldn't do one other thing but now I forget what that was.) This was right after a recent install with no other mods and very limited cc.

My point for this comment is that while advanced modders like yourself can claim that mods won't affect totally unrelated sim behavior, I don't believe you guys any more. The three mods were Buzzler's seed chest, one about playing tag for children, and one for the eco friendly trait when using the Twizzy car. My affected teenage sim was eco friendly. After taking the mods out, the teen still couldn't use the bar! AND THE KIDS STILL WON'T AUTONOMOUSLY PLAY TAG!!

Yes, I'm sure I took the mods out and deleted all cache files. Blame me for being stupid all you want, but this game is finicky as hell and subject to random borkage.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#32 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 9:35 PM
The mailbox and trash chute will -not- appear in the catalog anywhere without a mod.

This mod doesn't affect game play but the three mods you listed do. Just because you think they have nothing to do with LN doesn't mean they don't. They really do since they modify the game code that gets updated with any patches or EPs, so things get moved around and changed. If your not going to believe the modders about what conflicts with what, then you may want to play an unmodded, cc free game.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#33 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 6:20 AM
Thanks a lot. I find it odd that you get a want to buy the Drop Look Chute (?) when you can't buy one.
Test Subject
#34 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 1:57 PM
Is there any plan to remove the trash plate in the mod and keep mailbox buyable?
It is because the patch already got trash plate appear in buydebug
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#35 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 2:25 PM
I do not plan on removing the trash chute from this mod. It does show up in BuyDebug now but is not deletable once placed. I don't know about you, but I change my mind ALOT when building.
Test Subject
#36 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 3:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
I do not plan on removing the trash chute from this mod. It does show up in BuyDebug now but is not deletable once placed. I don't know about you, but I change my mind ALOT when building.

sorry.. I thought this mod might not working after the patch because the trash chute.But it seems work well. Thanks for replying, just ignore above is ok.
Test Subject
#37 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rickycheng
sorry.. I thought this mod might not working after the patch because the trash chute.But it seems work well. Thanks for replying, just ignore above is ok.

It doesn't work for me after I installed the new patch.

They're making me feel so ashamed,
They're making me take all the blamed,
They're making me cold in the night,
They're making me question my heart and my soul
And I think that it's not quite right
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 13th Dec 2010 at 7:51 AM
What is "Late Night"...Do you mean "Night Life" ??? I'm not downloading this until you clarify
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#39 Old 13th Dec 2010 at 8:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jasperville@gmail.com
What is "Late Night"...Do you mean "Night Life" ??? I'm not downloading this until you clarify

No, she means Late Night. This is a Sims 3 mod, Night Life was for Sims 2. Don't download until you have read and understand the thread.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 28th Dec 2010 at 5:20 AM
Thank you!!! At last I was able to build high-rise ^^
Test Subject
#41 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 11:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
iorek - I highly doubt that a catalog edit is going to conflict with any of those things you mentioned. Also, I use the NoMosaicLN and have no issues. I will talk with Twallan, but I really, seriously doubt this can conflict with his stuff.
.I cant download it man please help me
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 9:27 AM
Thanks for this!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 3:37 AM
For some reason this crashes my game when I use it. I have AM that enables Buy/Debug, but I can't find the wall mailbox, so I figured I would download this. Would this be crashing my game because it is conflicting with AM enabling Buy/Debug through the config?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#44 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 7:49 PM
I don't see why this would make your game crash. I don't use AM but I do have a mod that enables Buy/Debug and there is no issue. The wall mailbox doesn't show up in buy/debug like the trash chute does. Your crashing is probably due to other outdated or bad cc. You can test by removing ALL other cc (package, sims3packs) and deleting caches and testing with just this mod in.
Top Secret Researcher
#45 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 11:44 AM
Just a thought: what if I make a new apartment from scratch with regular mailbox and trash bin and also with hidden/public room makers. This will make my lot an apartment without trash chute and apartment mailbox. Would this work? Or it has to be using your mailbox and trash chute?

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Test Subject
#46 Old 23rd May 2011 at 10:43 PM
Thanks for this! Although i cannot find the wall mailbox. I've looked in buydebug...i have the trash can tho. please help!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#47 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 6:43 AM
Thank you for making this- I searched 3 times in Buydebug for the mail box and it was not there I found the call box and the Trash Chute, but NO Mailbox .. ty again.. Ohh Do I have to remove this before installing the NEWEST EP?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#48 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 11:04 AM
Just installed Generations...The more I try to play, the angrier I get with EA. I thought a way around this is where I could move the mailbox out onto the front sidewalk(with moveobjects on cheat) then remove the shell and build from scratch. EA doesn't even allow you to do this!! It keeps saying 'object in use' even though no one lives in the shell.
the way I am feeling with them, I cannot say here for risk of being suspended
Thank you for this MOD, I will give it a go and see how it goes with the expansion.

I love the ideas with the expansion packs, but I feel they are going backwards.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 12:21 PM
Just an update....this works wonderfully with Generations (for me anyway )
Thank you!! You rock!!

"Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever".
R.I.P Brandon Lee
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#50 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 4:05 PM
Thanks for the comment about Generations compatibility, simmyla.
Page 2 of 4