Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Late Night - Buyable Mailbox and Trash Chute

by HugeLunatic Posted 3rd Nov 2010 at 8:05 PM - Updated 26th Jun 2012 at 3:19 PM by HugeLunatic

97 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 55 Feedback Posts, 41 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Theorist
THANKS POST
#51 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 4:49 AM
Thank you so much for this, I really needed it, I could and still can not believe EA did not give it to us normally rather have to use a mod, but that's EA for ya....
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#52 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 5:00 PM
I was building my own and hardly usable version of a apartment when I was looking and browsing for those things - and where were they? Nowhere! So I though in my lack of knowledge 'maybe I can switch it to a community lot to find them', but of cause you can't! SO thanks you very much :D
Test Subject
#53 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stinagold
I was building my own and hardly usable version of a apartment when I was looking and browsing for those things - and where were they? Nowhere! So I though in my lack of knowledge 'maybe I can switch it to a community lot to find them', but of cause you can't! SO thanks you very much :D

@Stinagold did you enter buydebug?
You need to click cntr + shift + c
then type in "testingcheatsenabled true" and press enter
click cntl + shift + c again
and now type "buydebug on" and press enter
In your buymode now, under function, there should be a new tab with a ? as the icon. That's where you should find them
Hope that helps
Test Subject
#55 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 3:46 AM
All I can see in the buydebug mode is the trash chute, but no wall mailbox. I went through every other category item by item, included buydebug and still couldn't find the mailbox. Has it somehow been blocked or removed?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#56 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 4:35 PM
Test Subject
#57 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 1:24 AM
Default No Callbox
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
The wall mailbox is there. Try sorting by EP to narrow down the choices in the catalog.

I don't see the mailbox either. Town Life stuff just came out, could that have changed some sort of reference that is making it non-visible? Before you tell me to look for it, i spent a good 20 minutes straining my eyes, and sorting by EPs.
Screenshots
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#58 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 1:51 AM
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 6:31 AM
Yeah, the mailbox isn't showing for me either. I have no idea why not. I'm not a newbie or anything.

~Don't let the voices tell you what to do.~
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#60 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 3:14 PM
Test Subject
#61 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 6:43 PM
redfalcon are you sure you put the mod in your Mods folder? I see the trash chute in the catalog, and my mod moves it to Appliances/Misc.

Hey so I too am having the same issue, I have the package file in my mods folder, the trash chute is showing up in the debug folder not in the app/misc and no mailbox, So just to make sure Documents/thesims3/mods correct? Where all the other downloads go?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 3:08 AM
Im having the same problem. No mailbox. Trash chute? YES. Mailbox, NO.
Field Researcher
#63 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 1:18 AM
Do these work with patch 1.26?

For new or updated skins, please visit my website: Pink Rabbit
Test Subject
#64 Old 24th Nov 2011 at 12:20 AM
redfalcon are you sure you put the mod in your Mods folder? I see the trash chute in the catalog, and my mod moves it to Appliances/Misc.

I also cannot find the mailbox. I found the chute just fine, it was on the first line in buydebug. No mailbox though. Very strange.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#65 Old 25th Dec 2011 at 5:58 AM
So after about 15 minutes scouring buydebug and the internet I see that the trash chute was added to buydebug with a patch. I still need the mail box though so does anybody know if this mod will cause conflicts, since we have the trash chute now?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#66 Old 25th Dec 2011 at 5:55 PM
All mods that override game files are technically creating conflict. =) I haven't tested, but I suspect that just because EA put this in the buydebug section they didn't make it deletable once placed. Plus, this mod MOVES it to where other trash cans are and out of buydebug.

When using this mod you should NOT be seeing the trash chute in buydebug.
Test Subject
#67 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 2:58 PM Last edited by elianeroc : 9th Jan 2012 at 3:02 PM. Reason: wrong post
great thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#68 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 3:04 PM
Thank you! This was the last step to do for my customized apartment lot!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#69 Old 5th Feb 2012 at 12:55 PM
mailbox doesn't show up, garbage shute does though.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#70 Old 5th Feb 2012 at 6:23 PM
The mailbox was showing up before I had to uninstall my games, now that I reinstalled games and the mods, this mod isn't working, only the trash shute is working, and yes I put them in my folder.
Test Subject
#71 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 8:53 PM
Hey, HugeLunatic, are you there? I'm another one whose mailbox hasn't shown up for several patches now. I desperately need one to finish my penthouse and rue whenever I accidentally deleted its mailbox months ago I might make a post regarding this issue on the forums to reach more people....Thank you for creating this item/mod to begin with, and thank you for whatever attention or help you can bring to this issue <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#72 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 4:45 AM
Thank you so much<3 I didn't want to move out <3 i love you -cries with joy-
Test Subject
#73 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 5:39 PM
This will be my first mod for TS#, so I was wondering where I put it.
Test Subject
#74 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 10:49 AM
Is it possible to use if for mac?
I´ve tried to install it and I used the guide but i cant find the mailbox in the debug.
I can find the trashbin it has always ben there, even before i tried to install the mailbox.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#75 Old 2nd Apr 2012 at 5:28 PM
Hmm... found the trash chute in buydebug..but not the mailbox
Page 3 of 4