Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Parthenon - 2 Versions (Ruined and Intact!)

by Phaenoh Posted 14th Aug 2007 at 3:52 AM - Updated 24th Jun 2009 at 2:09 AM by Phaenoh : To add compatibility information

73 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 69 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
#26 Old 10th Sep 2007 at 2:55 PM
This is so amazing that I don't really know what to say. J am greek so J have visited the Parthenon many times and I must tell you that this looks exactly like it!So on behalf of the entire greek comunity I would like to give you a throne on the mount Olympus and name you "Phaenoh the God of Creation"!!
Euxaristoume polu (thank you very much)!!!
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 8:43 AM
i'm speechless
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 9:18 PM
beautiful,i learned about this in what? 3rd grade so i don't remember ANY thing about it awesome
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 6:24 PM
wow i was hopeing to download the reck virsion but it did not work so i downloaded the non reck instid

funney250 i makes homes for request so just ask
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#30 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 6:55 PM
If you get an error message, or the file is corrupt, just try it again. I get that problem all the time and its always fixed just by redownloading it. Enjoy!
Test Subject
#31 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 11:49 PM
W O W! How long did you spend on this?! It's amazing Phaenoh. (Must learn how to spell your name...). This'll be placed in the Three Lakes, I think... :D

Come contribute to currently the most famous Sims Wiki around! Simpedia!

http://simpedia.co.uk
Test Subject
#32 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 7:37 AM
Did you get the trophies? Your upload is awesom!

Vrooooooooom! Ferraris are good!
Test Subject
#33 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 7:38 AM
Congratulations! For Winning! :D

Vrooooooooom! Ferraris are good!
Inventor
#34 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 11:29 AM
I have to agree! It's AMAZING and my own words, phenomenal!! To be able to download a lot that is what I'm named after in real life. WOOT!
Well, I heard I was actually named after a greek virgin goddess.. but I'm not so sure, I have 3 sons... lol

Thanks so much and kudos for all your extra hard work!
Xts
ps. This one should be featured!!

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Test Subject
#35 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 7:08 PM
Your work is fabulous! Your work is appreciated! Thank you for all the time you dedicated to this.
Test Subject
#36 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 8:28 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 1st Mar 2008 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
Default Your Parthenon
OMG!!! You are so incredibly talented!!! Your Parthenon is just.... PERFECT! And congratulations because the judges recognized your talent!!!

I thought you might enjoy this picture. Nashville, Tennessee, USA has a replica of the Parthenon. Here is their website, if you are interested: http://www.nashville.gov/parthenon/

retired moderator
Original Poster
#37 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Darsky
OMG!!! You are so incredibly talented!!! Your Parthenon is just.... PERFECT! And congratulations because the judges recognized your talent!!!

I thought you might enjoy this picture. Nashville, Tennessee, USA has a replica of the Parthenon. Here is their website, if you are interested: http://www.nashville.gov/parthenon/

Thank you, and ... I had already found that website. It was useful in my creation as well... sneaky sneaky.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 12:56 PM
How did you know that I needed this? Great Job !
Inventor
#39 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 1:02 AM
I suppose I have one of those darn graphic card problems. I've noticed several things since I put your lot in, not that your lot caused it. Your lot was flashing blue in neighborhood screen, repeatedly. One of my empty lots that had only a counter and a phone and a sim had a large blue square flashing in it after I'd placed yours. I have an NVidia GeForce 7300 I think.. I think meaning the 7300. I know the rest is right. It's been known for some problems ingame anyhow so it may have nothing to do with your lot. I just thought you'd like to know. It's beautiful though!! Thanks again!

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
retired moderator
Original Poster
#40 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 1:55 AM
Do you have all the EPs up to Seasons? That might cause it.
Inventor
#41 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 12:55 AM
I sure do.. even the stuff packs. lol but what I think is causing it really is my card. I've been posting at ea games site about it. See, I have that rare card.. NVidia Geforce 7300 GS, verified I have it. Darn thing is probably the culprit. I've gone to NVidia and downloaded the forceware they had but at ea, they said it's an EA problem.. I don't know. lol *baffled* but I'll guarantee now that it's NOT your lot. Your lot is phenomenal. I refuse to remove it. FYI, I'm not much of a downloader.. I get a few things and I'm good. I rarely have problems but since BV I have.

Let me play a few days with the updated forceware for my card. I'll let you know (if I don't forget) if I saw it again.

Please feel free to remind me if you have time. I'm so overwhelmed with things but I really don't mind

Xts
ps. if you have BV, please read ea's information on the respawning NPC issues. VERY IMPORTANT for everyone who has it!http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/communit...tem.127,item.23
retired moderator
Original Poster
#42 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 2:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by XTS
ps. if you have BV, please read ea's information on the respawning NPC issues. VERY IMPORTANT for everyone who has it!http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/communit...tem.127,item.23

I stay away from the official site as much as I can. Its too confusing. I've heard a bit about this NPC problem, but since I've been more focused on creating than playing, I haven't been too worried about it yet. Though, once that patch comes out, I'm jumping on it. ;-)
Test Subject
#43 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 6:18 PM
THIS was the result of your first time making this stuff?

I can't wait to see what you can do with some more practice. Incredible.
Test Subject
#44 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 4:14 PM
If I didn't already have an account here, I would have created one just to tell you how awesome this is! And the level of detail - wow, just wow.

Congratulations on winning, you definitely deserved to.

Also, the fact that this lot can be run on a laptop has just about made my day.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#45 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 6:17 PM
... Might not run on your laptop, mine is a superpowered one for college in a Architecture/Design major, it needs to be able to run Photoshop, Autocad, and other taxing programs all at the same time.

Also, said college major might have giving me a bit of an 'unfair' advantage... heh.
Field Researcher
#46 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 3:39 AM
This is FANTASTIC!! I'm amazed!!
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 8:18 PM
Wow! What an amazing piece of work, well done!! This is really beautiful, I'm studying for an archaeology degree and I had to study the Parthenon as part of one of my modules last year, you have really captured the majesty of this place!!

+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++
My sims 2 Yahoo Group
2 Fantastic
Test Subject
#48 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 10:56 PM
WOW <- I think that is honestly the only word to describe it. The details look amazing, literally breath taking. :-) I know what it's like to take time in details, and if you're anything like me in being picky with details, this must've taken you forever lol. Downloading as I write, and I can't wait to check it out in game. Thank you for sharing this w/ everyone, and great job once again. Amazing. :-)

--(:-0) THE MONKEYS ARE BACK!! Quick, grab the super ultra-super evaporating cosmic blasting plasma laser beam ultra fine configured supercalafragalisticexpialadotious weapons of choice and start firing before they get to the underwear drawer!! (:-0)--
Test Subject
#49 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 11:58 PM
OMG !! This is absolutely amazing! great job!! Congrats on winning
Test Subject
#50 Old 13th Oct 2007 at 3:06 PM
Congrats and well done! I am a senior at a University majoring in Studio Art and minor in Art History and recently studied the Parthenon including an essay, and this is incredible! I am really impressed at how you have captured the look and feel of this historic place, especially since you are new to meshing. You definitely deserve the win for this. Can't wait to DL and see it in my game. Thanks.
Star
Page 2 of 3