Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Parthenon - 2 Versions (Ruined and Intact!)

by Phaenoh Posted 14th Aug 2007 at 3:52 AM - Updated 24th Jun 2009 at 2:09 AM by Phaenoh : To add compatibility information

73 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 69 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 3
Test Subject
#51 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 1:22 PM
Is very wonderful, good work !

Happy Halloween !

Maxime Maquinghen
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 1st Nov 2007 at 2:42 AM
You're very talanted, very good and necessary job! Thank you so much!
Field Researcher
#53 Old 11th Nov 2007 at 12:49 AM
lol, i seen this up for a while, and we JUST finished greece in school. i wish i had checked it out then.

my personal life can be supported by veiwing this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n2z-Q6x6eU and others on my youtube page. I believe there's a few building tutorials there aswell. I create rather sporadically, so excuse me if I'm gone from this website for months or years at a time.
Test Subject
#54 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 5:36 PM
As a former teacher (it always remains in the blood!) I appreciate all the scholarly research you did in planning the two versions of the Parthenon. And then to put all that research into such a phenomenal creation! I am trying to learn meshing, etc. but I am still at the point where I fall out of my chair in horror every time I open SimPE! Someone earlier said "you've set the bar really high." For the rest of us, surely— but for yourself as well. I can't wait to see what wonderful things you'll upload in the future! Your boyfriend should be proud of you, too!!!
Instructor
#55 Old 7th Dec 2007 at 5:56 PM
You have dome and extremely good job! As a Greek I am really proud to have it in my game. Millions of thanks! It is the best sim Parthenon I have in my game so far!
Inventor
#56 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 6:16 AM
Good news, shows up great now.. Suppose my video card's update helped..

Also, did you jump on that patch when it came out like you said you would? I sure did, so glad to have it fixed

I'm still loving your work here and the recolors you used can be used with other things also.. I like :D

Thanks again and I just wanted to let you know how the "blueing effect" turned out..
You rock!!
xts

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Test Subject
#57 Old 20th Feb 2008 at 3:22 PM
Oh my goodness!

You probably won't even read this message, since you've already gotten a TON, but I just wanted you to know how beautiful this is!

I've been looking for entablatures and pediments, and thought I was going to have to create my own, but these are perfect! Thanks!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#58 Old 20th Feb 2008 at 3:31 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 20th Feb 2008 at 3:47 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Versailles1798
You probably won't even read this message, since you've already gotten a TON, but I just wanted you to know how beautiful this is!

I've been looking for entablatures and pediments, and thought I was going to have to create my own, but these are perfect! Thanks!
I ALWAYS read EVERYTHING! I love seeing what people have to say about my work, thanks for commenting. I'm glad that you can use my walls!
Field Researcher
#59 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 11:33 PM
I don't really need the Parthenon, but your version of it make me want it! I wonder if I can find a place for it in my neighborhood <3.
Instructor
#60 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 2:38 AM
I got to see this in person seven years ago, so this brings back memories.

Thanks!

"Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio."

- William Shakespere ~ Hamlet
Inventor
#61 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 3:29 AM
I still adore your lot!!! I had to tell ya, and yes I bought another NVidia card. LOL I just can't get over how good of a job you've done. I don't recall if it's been mentioned here and I 've not read all 3 pages of comments but Nashville Tennessee has a replica of this. It's online site has tons of images and information about it's sizes, which are amazing, and it's layout. What was and what is, you know. I found it by googling Parthenon within the last few years.

Thanks again for this download!! You are superbly artistic in my humble opinion and have a natural talent in that area. I hope you continue to use your abilities

Xts

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Test Subject
#62 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 2:18 AM
WOW That Is amazing. Just by looking at the pictures It is amazing Downloading Now.
Test Subject
#63 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 9:23 AM
This is even better for me since i AM greek!
Test Subject
#64 Old 1st Apr 2009 at 11:02 PM
truly amaizing thanks so much!!!!
Test Subject
#65 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 12:48 PM
juste.... whoooouuaaaaaaa!!!! magnifique!
Test Subject
#66 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 6:22 AM
best creator i've ever seen
Test Subject
#67 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 7:35 PM
Very good JOB!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#68 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 5:37 PM
I'm very impressed. That's not something I say very often, but I am. For anyone who might be interested in how well Phaenoh has done, there are books with number on the subject of the Parthenon, but the one I recommend is "The Ancient City" by Hazel Woods and Peter Connely. Very well done!

Bellum in Gallia malum, sed in maetella taetrum!
Test Subject
#69 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 11:18 AM
Oh dear God, you're amazing!
"Amazing" isn't nearly enough, but I'm too baffled to pick another word...
You really are inspiring...
I've never before have worked with 3D programes or made custom meshes, but suddenly I feel a burning urge to make a replica of the Erecteion for the enjoyment of Sims all over the world :D

Congrats for the amazing work and thanks for making it available to everyone!
I'm off to enjoy it!

To Sim or not To Sim, That is the Question.
Test Subject
#70 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 10:11 PM Last edited by bogusj : 31st Mar 2010 at 10:00 PM.
You are AMAZING! Or as we say in Greek Excessia!!! You truly are a gifted designer with exquisite taste and accurate knowledge to what you do; either if it has to do with architecture or the subject you choose to develop. Your designs are full of inspiration and elegance. I really think you are a true master! Keep it up! :D
Test Subject
#71 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 11:52 AM
Thankyou very much its so perfect
Scholar
THANKS POST
#72 Old 5th Mar 2011 at 6:28 PM
Thank you so much! This is awesome--I plan on using it to create a 'europe' Bon Voyage vacation destination! I'm sure my sims will appreciate the architecture & history.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#73 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 9:33 AM
very cool!
...but i also feel a bit bad since my country stole one of the pediments...and its currently on display in the british musuem
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 10:51 AM
You are the best!!!
Page 3 of 3