Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis Arched Window Expansion Set 1

by tbudgett Posted 23rd Aug 2008 at 10:27 AM - Updated 11th Oct 2011 at 2:15 AM by tbudgett : adjusted picture

75 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 63 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#51 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 6:57 PM
God am I slow - I always thought these should have been featured and they are. Congratulations on a well deserved feature

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Mad Poster
#52 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 7:07 PM
This set is so perfect ! Thank you so much for sharing
Test Subject
#53 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 7:17 PM
Nice work dude.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 7:27 PM
These are awesome! They even have matching doors and arches, and not just single doors, but double doors! *pleasure overload*

Do the windows work on diagonal walls?
Test Subject
#55 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 7:37 PM
I was sooo happy when I finally got the Bon Voyage Expansion Pack cuz now I can use these! <33 Thanks so much for this expansion set!
Test Subject
#56 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 7:47 PM
therre is like a blue wall behind the window
Test Subject
#57 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 7:57 PM
OH SO Beautiful! Your work does not go unappreciated!!
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 11:27 PM
this is great! I never even noticed that little window before, but now I will most )definantly use it! ))

flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/madelinep/

[{call me maddie}]
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 5:50 PM
Nice set! Better than the standard windows.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 2nd Oct 2011 at 6:38 AM
Thanks so much :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#61 Old 19th Apr 2012 at 9:19 AM
These are utterly spectacular!!!
THANKS POST
#62 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 11:08 PM
These are gorgeous and exactly what I was looking for. I'll likely be using these in my first lot upload here.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#63 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 5:32 PM
These are amazing! I was looking for some gorgeous two story windows. Thank you.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#64 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 3:59 AM
This is awesome thanks
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 27th May 2013 at 4:15 PM
Does anyone out there have the recolors of these? My computer was stolen last year along with my backup drive. I have looked and looked everywhere all morning and no luck at all.

The shore is my heart, the waves my spirit & the sea my soul.
--Areil Megan Delphinus (Skpamd)
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 28th Sep 2013 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Skpamd
Does anyone out there have the recolors of these? My computer was stolen last year along with my backup drive. I have looked and looked everywhere all morning and no luck at all.

If you have the window it is repository linked too and have recolors of that it is all you need.

Thank you for this download by the way. It is helpful.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#67 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 7:43 AM
Like everyone else before me said: This is AMAZING and AWESOME! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#68 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 7:59 PM
Finally, something stylish to put in my beach houses!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#69 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 4:47 AM
thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 6th Nov 2015 at 4:10 AM
So wonderful! Thank yo for all your hard work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 7:04 PM
Thank you so much for doing something amazing with that horrible little window
Theorist
#72 Old 6th Oct 2021 at 1:30 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : 7th Oct 2021 at 9:48 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by tbudgett
Recolors at http://www.piggis-sims.net/
1) Select Downloads
2) Maxis Recolors
3) Click on the picture of the window :D

That site no longer exists and the contents, including the recolors for this set, are now at The Sims Graveyard, here: http://thesimsgraveyard.com/index.p...gory/1037-piggi
Theorist
#73 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 12:42 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : 19th Oct 2021 at 7:38 PM.
I noticed that large 4-tile 2-story window has a price of $0 - an oversight?
Please fix?
Theorist
#74 Old 18th Nov 2021 at 5:45 PM
Regarding that mis-priced window in my previous post, a nice person ("hypersaline") over at the Garden of Shadows website has fixed it. The relevant thread is here. That thread includes a download link for the single window file that they edited, or players can download a new 7-zip file for the entire window set here.

It looks like the creator of this set ("tbudgett") is no longer active, but if they ever return, they can update their original files.
Theorist
#75 Old 3rd Jul 2022 at 1:32 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : 5th Jul 2022 at 6:13 PM.
As nice as this set is (I think it's much nicer than the numerous Lafenetre windows available here and elsewhere) it's missing three things.

Firstly, and most importantly, there should be solid versions of the doors. (The arched glass part on top can stay.)

Secondly, I think all the glass doors should have been latticed, instead of being one large piece of glass. This would enable them to be used as exterior doors as well. As it is right now, the glass doors are really only suitable for interiors.

Thirdly, and ideally, all the 1-tile doors and arches should have versions that are centered on 2 tiles.

Since this creator no longer seems to be active, it would be great if someone could make any or all of these.
Page 3 of 4