Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Blueprint Maker (Updated 08/17/2013)

by velocitygrass Posted 25th May 2013 at 6:20 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:41 PM by Nysha

287 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 146 Feedback Posts, 140 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 12
Lab Assistant
#151 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 8:49 PM
I saw here:
http://simsvip.com/2013/06/18/sims-...atures-options/
that there are new pool blueprints.

I will be bravely testing later today if fences save with blueprints now, as shown in Island Paradise blueprint screenshots.

I will also test if pools save with a larger room as well.

Success is getting up one more time than you fall down.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#152 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 9:11 PM
Does the mod still work then? I mean does it work with game patch 1.55? Cause I have removed it from the game before patching, I only left my blueprints and they work normally.
Inventor
Original Poster
#153 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 3:38 PM
@9b8ll: What did you try? Building a small lot that was filled with room(s)? And it still didn't show the floors?

@anie_1981: Yes, the previous base game blueprints also haven't changed, which is quite a relief. The blueprint helper should still work.

@spacewolfcub: Pools and fences will not work, since the helper detects but removes fences and cannot detect pools (or at least process them correctly).

Some general notes:

Fences have already been on my list of things to support.

Pools and plants are more difficult. The Sims 3 has much of its build handling in parts of the code that aren't accessible to modders. It took a long time to find ways to get the information to support normal rooms, but at the moment I'm not sure yet how to get info about pool curves or plants/rocks/trees.

Since the game doesn't actually allow you to do anything with them and they have no influence on gameplay other than for routing around them, the game might not even offer an easy way to get that information.

There are workarounds for these issues, e.g. a standalone tool that would allow you to build your blueprints outside of the game. This might be useful for normal rooms as well, but it would also mean a lot of work.

I'll take a closer look at the blueprints that come with Island Paradise when it comes out, but support for the new features will take a while.
Test Subject
#154 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 8:29 PM
I can't save Unhandled exception ... Using Windows PC as well.

Sometimes, I like to lie around the house like a potato.
Test Subject
#155 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 8:33 PM
Oops, nevermind! I found my problem, my fault. :$

Sometimes, I like to lie around the house like a potato.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#156 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 1:27 AM
Wow, you are a wonderful person, for sharing this, Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#157 Old 26th Jun 2013 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
@spacewolfcub: Pools and fences will not work, since the helper detects but removes fences and cannot detect pools (or at least process them correctly).

Hey, at least the previous BlueprintMaker functionality is still there. I'm happy with that.

If there's anything I can help you research to find out how the game saves fences or pools just let me know.

Lab Assistant
#158 Old 27th Jun 2013 at 5:01 PM
For the unique names I recommend automatically adding the date and the time as YYYYMMDDHHMinMin (Example with the current time in GMT+1: 201306271759) - Then it's impossible to have same unique names...
I make this with the names of my own custom content, so I can't accidentally make a same name later...
Inventor
Original Poster
#159 Old 27th Jun 2013 at 10:25 PM
@spacewolfcub: I might need testers once I get to expanding the functionality. That'll probably happen in the old blueprint maker testing thread. I'll post a message here looking for volunteers when that time comes. Thank you!

@cheaty: Yes, the time can be helpful in avoiding duplicate names (for a single person). Though it's not as nice as (part of) the package name. It should be easy enough to add a keyword for the settings file that allows users to configure this, or maybe a button. Thanks for the suggestion.
Lab Assistant
#160 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 10:53 AM
"Sometimes some objects of the blueprint will not be placed. This appears to be an issue with non-custom blueprints as well and not related to the tool."

I re-read the original post, because I saw the mod had been updated. I noticed the bit I quoted above.

I just wanted to mention I encountered this when I used moveobjects-on to place a sleeping bag over the leg of a telescope. When the blueprint was placed, the game did not just buy one item and consider the other illegal - it just didn't place either but they appeared in the family inventory. I moved them to legal places and everything worked perfectly.

Same with illegally placed small picture frames. The first of four showed up, and the rest could not be placed, but were bought anyways. I should test if placing those rooms while moveobjects is actually on allows them to be placed and not just bought.

So... I hope that helps explain the "issue", since those are absolutely the only times I have a problem with disappearing objects at all. Now I put the illegal objects where I want them for the screenshot, then move them to legal places for the save.

Oooh! Oooh! One more thing. I tend to build the blueprints as standalone rooms inside a bigger highrise. For some reason some items will stck to the room in the floor below and this causes the error script saved to crash BlueprintMaker. For example, those pesky sleeping bags? Every time I saved the rooms I had to pick up and place again the sleeping bags so they did not show up when I went to the floor below... just hanging there in midair... After that the rooms below the evil, eeeevil sleeping bags saved correctly.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#161 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 4:08 AM
My love for you knows no bounds now...seriously...I.LOVE.YOU. :3
Inventor
Original Poster
#162 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 10:58 PM
@spacewolfcub: I knew that if cheats were used to place object, they'll likely not work, but I didn't realize they were placed in the family inventory. The missing objects were actually mentioned by another tester for EA blueprints, not custom ones, and those same blueprints worked for me, so there seems to be an element of randomness involved (or at least some issue that's not easily identifiable). I've also had it happen to me on mirrors that were placed without any cheats.

I've never tried it on high rise building. I'm a bit confused by what happened with the sleeping bag. Did the blueprint helper kick it to the room below into midair? Or does it happen when placing a previously created blueprint?

@Wojtek: The object names should not be an issue. I only print that out for information, so that the different objects can be more easily identified. The relevant lines are those beginning with one of the following:
  • Floor:
  • Object:
  • OuterWall:
  • OtherWall:
  • Center:
  • Value:
  • The huge Presets xml blob

I've only checked one of your examples (bathroom) and found an error in one object line. I managed to recreate the line with the second copy of the log content that I add for comparison. Did you manage to create a single blueprint successfully? I'm wondering if the special characters make the problem with incorrect characters worse. I've attached the fixed bathroom file (I had to rename it since I had problems zipping it).

I'll have to think about how to use the duplicate of the error log to actually do more autocorrection. I'll probably also have to add some plausibility checks. I've also seen that Twallan's Retuner writes a script log to export the tuning. Since I haven't read about the missing characters problem there, maybe I'm doing something wrong and this can actually be fixed (which would be preferable to having to code all the checks and fixes.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  bathroom.zip (17.3 KB, 11 downloads)
Description: Fixed bathroom
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#163 Old 4th Jul 2013 at 3:10 AM
this is cool thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#164 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 8:17 PM
Velocitygrass. Please just marry me already.
Scholar
#165 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 10:06 PM
@9b8ll: What did you try? Building a small lot that was filled with room(s)? And it still didn't show the floors?

Okay the first solution I tried was using your method by creating a small lot extending the room as far as I can with walls,windows and filled with floors.Still, only the floors still did not show up.

The second solution I tried was using one of EA blueprints got rid of the objects;kept the windows and extended the room as far as I can by using your method. Once again, only the floors didn't showed up.
Inventor
Original Poster
#166 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 5:43 PM
@9b8ll: Do you still have the error log of that first test?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#167 Old 12th Jul 2013 at 2:57 AM
I always wondered why there was a blueprint section in build mode but we couldn't make our own! I am going to be up all night making new blueprints.
Scholar
#168 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 6:01 AM
@9b8ll: Do you still have the error log of that first test?
Yes I do have it, here it is.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  BlueprintLogFileV2.7z (3.0 KB, 23 downloads)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#169 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 11:15 PM
Thanks Velocity! I have been waiting for someone to make a blueprint maker! I can start saving my rooms and not have to constantly rebuild them
Field Researcher
#170 Old 28th Jul 2013 at 10:23 PM
First of all, thank you so much for this program!

Second, some of my logs generate an error when I try to make them into packages. They generate the error: "the given key was not present in the dictionary". I can upload a log that gives this error as well as a log that didn't, if that would help.

Common sense is one of nature's great ironies... It turns out common sense isn't so common.

Please see my new journal for news on my mods as well as requests.
Inventor
Original Poster
#171 Old 30th Jul 2013 at 8:46 AM
@Chicken0895 and everyone else who had frequent errors when creating the blueprint: Can you please test the new version? I've tried to address the issues with writing the error log.

@9b8ll: Even in that case it logs the click as outside the room. I have no idea why this happens and no way forward on the issue. I guess you'll just have to add the floors yourself. Or hope that some unrelated thing fixes it in newer versions. I'm sorry
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#172 Old 30th Jul 2013 at 2:43 PM
omg you safed my life lol thank you rly much ^^
Test Subject
#173 Old 2nd Aug 2013 at 3:40 PM
wow, I'm sure it's good but it's just a bit too technical for me :-) sorry :-P x
Lab Assistant
#174 Old 3rd Aug 2013 at 3:05 AM
So had anyone made any custom blueprints to share yet? There are just so many posts here I don't have time to read them all :P
Lab Assistant
#175 Old 3rd Aug 2013 at 3:36 AM
Default Problem when saving the blueprint
Sorry if this has been addressed, but couldnt find it in the thread.

When I click save, I get an error box, announcing an "Unhandled Exception", stating "The given key was not present in the dictionary".
Below is a paste of the Details. If I ignore the error and click Continue, the blueprint does not save. This looks like it would be a wonderful tool -- if i could get it to work

Page 7 of 12