Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(UPDATE: 24-MAR-2017) Cook With Any Ingredient (Wood Fire Oven/Sauna/Teppanyaki Grill/Baker's Station compatible)

by icarus_allsorts Posted 2nd Apr 2014 at 9:42 PM - Updated 26th Mar 2017 at 7:01 PM by icarus_allsorts : Mod Update

353 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 251 Feedback Posts, 101 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 15
Test Subject
#151 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 7:39 AM
Default nullReferenceExeption on Cook With Any Ingredients
First off, this is an amazing mod! Thank you so much for all the effort and hard work!

I've had the exact same problem as icemunmun and August_Sun, and have reverted back to the Cook With Any Ingredient Main Mod released on 17 Sept 2014. Aside from this I've recently added Cinderellimouse's Cooking and Ingredients Overhaul mod - and this is when strange things started happening. When I try to cook any of the dishes (for example Autum Salad) that has been cloned to double-up as one of the new greek recipes (for example Greek Salad) that comes with this mod, ErrorTrap would reset the sim. Now I admit this seems like a problem with Cinderellimouse's mod, but when I read the ErrorTrap report in the Sims3 folder, it reports a nullReferenceExeption with Cook With Any Ingredient mod. Maybe a conflict?

Thanks and I love your mods! Have all of them in my game!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#152 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 10:01 PM
@Nylaba: Thanks for the report. This was actually an issue with my other mod, it should be fixed with the latest version of it.

@D4rkN1X (Sorry for the late reply) @Gifappel : The issue was caused by Cinderellimouse's Cooking and Ingredients Overhaul mod which has been updated and should be safe to use now.

@icemunmun @August_Sun : Sorry about that, careless mistakes on my part which should be fixed with the latest version.
Test Subject
#153 Old 16th Mar 2015 at 5:47 PM
@icarus_allsorts: You of all people don't need to apologize Thank you for such an amazingly quick update! I've redownloaded the mod, checked all the modules, everything works perfectly now! Thank you so much for all your efforts and time, you're incredible! *bunch of flowers*
Field Researcher
#154 Old 20th Mar 2015 at 4:07 AM Last edited by MrsSanta : 26th Mar 2015 at 5:30 AM.
I don't know if this is intentionally with this mod or not but my sim was on a community lot and tried to use the grill and could not cook anything as she did not have any ingredients in her inventory. Should i take with me things from the fridge when i go to a community lot? I did not get the opportunity to buy from the store as i do with the fridge at home, so she had to go hungry or go to a restaurant I have all your mods, and a lot of mods from others as well. I'll just mention the ones that has to do with food/fridge/inventory : douglasveiga_Chef_Service_v1.7, douglasveiga_NectarMakerService_v1.0 , douglasveiga_Gardener_service_NPC_v2.3, ShimrodsFridgeMiniFridgeEP9Snacks150, g EatCarnivalFood ITUN (coolspear1), Arsil_FoodVarietyInPicnicBasket, Arsil_WhiteRice, bluegenjutsu_NoCoughingWhileEating, Buzz_TakeHomeFoods(Buzzler), , DCW_Future_TVRecipe25(Darkcloudwalker) , MM_Dumbwaiter(Menaceman44), Treeag - StoreinFridge, and WeeAlbet_DiningOverhaul. I have not tried making food on a comm.lot in a long time as i have been fixing up Sunset Valley to my liking and adding and changing community lots. Have all ep, sp and own the store and all Nraas mods plus alot more, i love mods and have made sure that they are updated to the last update. Is this food on comm.lots suppose to act like this or is this a glitch. Sorry for looooonnnnnggggg post (blush) And thanks so much for sharing

Edit: (facepalm) Spelling (aarrrgghhh curse my wierd need to switch letters, like firdge instead of fridge gaaaaahhh)

Edit 2 : Geesh there is nothing wrong after all, i just overlooked the fact that there was no fridge on the community lot Shame on me for being such an idiot. I'll just quietly go back in the game and add fridges where they are needed I love this mod so much it adds alot of fun to the game so thank you once again :lovestruc
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#155 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 9:51 PM
@MrsSanta; Originally (in an unmodded game) sims could cook using grills on community lots without ingredients in their inventory or fridges on the lot, they'd just magically buy them out of thin air. I kinda forgot this until you mentioned this so up till now with this mod you must have a fridge on the lot for sims to cook without ingredients in the inventory. I've reallowed buying from thin air for grills on community lots only in the latest version for now (who knows, I might decide that it's too insensible after all and change it again). Thanks for the report
Field Researcher
#156 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 4:32 AM
Well i have been working on putting fridges in all the comm-lots that have the grills or the pizzaoven and i think they look great together. Only wish that the minifridge from uni could be used, can't even get a drink from it on any community lot and i know i could before so something has been changed along the way. It may not be mod-related at all. I hope that i can change it with retuner to give it the same use as the normal fridges, but have not tried it yet. Thanks for the update cool new add-ons for sure Take care
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#157 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 12:00 PM
@MrsSanta: Whoops, looks like the change only went half through (the option to buy from the store on grills won't appear if your sim does have ingredients) so I had to reupload the main mod and a further edited Sauna module as well.

If anyone here has previously downloaded all the latest versions earlier today (29-MAR-2015), please redownload the main mod and the Sauna module (if you're using it). If you've yet to download any of the 29-MAR-2015 versions, please redownload all of the ones you are using. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#158 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 9:06 PM
Thanks for the update Icarus!! ;-)
Icy Spicy
THANKS POST
#159 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 10:15 PM Last edited by icemunmun : 5th Apr 2015 at 1:53 AM.
Thank you so much for updating the mod and also adding the herb/coffee beans functionality.You are super duper awesome
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#160 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 3:37 AM
My sims' pets are ecstatic over the higher quality pet food options and are on their way over to you now to express their affection! (hope you don't mind...)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#161 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 4:43 AM
Thanks for all the joy you bring to my game, and the updates are brilliant
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#162 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 6:47 AM
What an awesome mod!!! This will make my game so much better. Thank you so much!!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#163 Old 24th Apr 2015 at 6:44 PM
Awesome mod :) makes cooking fun again :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#164 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 9:09 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you for moving the recipes to a separate tuning file! This is just what I wanted, without even knowing it! – every time there has been a new release I have carefully edited the xml resource to remove some of the recipes, but now I don't have to do so any more.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#165 Old 10th May 2015 at 4:08 PM
All this while I thought the life is sweet moodlet came from EatHeldFoodOverride. Thanks for tracking its cause and remedying it and of course MAJOR THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR MODS
Scholar
THANKS POST
#166 Old 30th May 2015 at 7:43 PM
Thanks for the big update (30th May), Icarus!
Scholar
#167 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 12:21 AM
I want to add some of the quick meals to the tuning file so they need an extra ingredient. I've added cereal to start with. But when I send a sim to the fridge to get cereal (I added 'fruit' to it as you noted in your example) no popup menu comes up to say cereal requires fruit. When the sim gets cereal from the fridge, they just get a bowl of cereal and thats it, nothing to add to it. What else do I need to do?
On the tuning file, after the line
'WeddingCakeSliceDOT07*:Egg/Egg/Fruit:BakedAngelFoodCake,' (no quotations)
I added
'Cereal:Fruit">' (no quotations)
Is that correct? (I've attached screenshot of the file)
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#168 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 5:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
I want to add some of the quick meals to the tuning file so they need an extra ingredient. I've added cereal to start with. But when I send a sim to the fridge to get cereal (I added 'fruit' to it as you noted in your example) no popup menu comes up to say cereal requires fruit. When the sim gets cereal from the fridge, they just get a bowl of cereal and thats it, nothing to add to it. What else do I need to do?
On the tuning file, after the line
'WeddingCakeSliceDOT07*:Egg/Egg/Fruit:BakedAngelFoodCake,' (no quotations)
I added
'Cereal:Fruit">' (no quotations)
Is that correct? (I've attached screenshot of the file)

That's strange. I don't see any mistakes in the XML (at least not in the portion you've showed) and I've retested this on my end and it works just fine. When you click Have a Quick Meal and the recipe menu pops up does the fruit icon appear in the ingredients column next to cereal at all?
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#169 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 11:03 PM
Thank you for this epic update! I'm sharing this with some of my friends at other forums so they know. I know they'll love this!
Scholar
#170 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by icarus_allsorts
That's strange. I don't see any mistakes in the XML (at least not in the portion you've showed) and I've retested this on my end and it works just fine. When you click Have a Quick Meal and the recipe menu pops up does the fruit icon appear in the ingredients column next to cereal at all?

Hi Icarus, the recipe menu pop up doesn't pop up at all, the sim just takes the cereal out of the fridge and sits down to eat it. I've stopped him a couple of times just to make him do it again to make sure, but it never comes up. I'm wondering if I have another mod that blocks that interaction? Something to do with Quick Meals, Fridge, Snacks...? Need to investigate.
Scholar
#171 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 2:40 AM
@Icarus, I found the problem. It was Ani's Fridge mod (last updated by NRaas). I remember you said your mod didn't clash with her mod too much in the sense we could have both in without any problems. But since you've updated your mod, Ani's mod is stopping your Quick Meal pop up menu popping up. I did like using Anis fridge mod to see at a glance what ingredients were missing for a recipe so I could use a suitable alternative with your mod, or send the sim OUT to shop lol. But I could get used to using your mod to see what needs to be brought at the store instead, so I'll take Ani's mod out
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#172 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 3:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
@Icarus, I found the problem. It was Ani's Fridge mod (last updated by NRaas). I remember you said your mod didn't clash with her mod too much in the sense we could have both in without any problems. But since you've updated your mod, Ani's mod is stopping your Quick Meal pop up menu popping up.

Thanks for the report, since otherwise I'd probably would not have figured this one out (despite the fact that it was myself who updated ani's Fridge mod over at NRaas ironically). Turns out that because the Have Quick Meal interactions from both mods use the same interaction name they "overlap" when you click on the fridge to get them to appear so only one of them will. I've changed the name of the Have Quick Meal interaction in this mod (by simply removed the "..." at the end) to differentiate it from the default one and ani's version so that should be a non-issue for now
Scholar
THANKS POST
#173 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 4:55 PM
Thanks for the update, Icarus So I can put Ani's mod back in my game? Excellent!
Scholar
#174 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 12:32 AM Last edited by desiree101 : 5th Jun 2015 at 12:44 AM.
@Icarus, sorry to be a pain, but can you tell me where the list of Quick Meals are written in the game (in XML form)? I actually want to know HOW they are written as I'm trying to add some of them with extra ingredients but I think the way I'm writing them is wrong. For instance, are the recipes written with spaces? Capital letters or lower case? First letter as capital and the rest as lower case?
'Cereal' is the only one that shows up with 'Fruit' correctly, I just copied what you put in the the example. but I want to add 'Milk' to it, but the milk isn't showing up.
The others are not showing extra ingredients either, so I'm not sure I entered them right. XML grammar is weird lol. I have copied and pasted my edited tuning below. Can you please look at it and tell me where I'm going wrong
I especially want Key Lime Pie to require Lime, so do I write it as 'Key Lime Pie:Lime' or 'KeyLimePie:Lime' or keylimepie:lime'? lol. Thank you for your help!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<base>
<Current_Tuning>
<kShowRecipeMenu value="True" />

<kExtraRecipes value=
"Muffin*:Egg:Cookies,
MuffinVanilla*:Egg:Cookies,
MuffinBlueberry*:Egg/Blueberry:Cookies,
Pie*:Egg/Fruit:Cobbler,
Cake*:Egg:Cobbler,
Wedding Cake*:Egg:Cobbler,
CakeChocolate*:Egg/Cocoa:Cobbler,
CakeVanilla*:Egg:Cobbler,
CookieChocolate*:Egg/Cocoa:Cookies,
CookieSugar*:Egg:Cookies,
CupcakeChocolate*:Egg/Cocoa:Cookies,
CupcakeVanilla*:Egg:Cookies,
BrownieChocolate*:Egg/Cocoa:Cookies,
BrownieCaramel*:Egg:Cookies,
HotWings:Turkey/Ghost Chili:FishAndChips,
Nachos:Cheese:VeggiRolls,
OlivePlatter:Vegetable:CheesePlate,
OnionRings:Onion:VegetarianFishAndChips,
ShrimpCocktail:Fish:Sushi,
Burrito:Cheese:Cheesesteak,
Taco:Cheese:Cheesesteak,
BloodFruitChowder:VampireFruit:StewSurprise,
ClamChowder:Fish:StewSurprise,
FunnelCake*:Egg:Cobbler,
FrenchFries:Potato:VegetarianFishAndChips,
GarlicFries:Potato/Garlic:VegetarianFishAndChips,
SweetFries:Potato/Honey:VegetarianFishAndChips,
ChiliCheeseFries:Potato/Cheese/Ghost Chili:VegetarianFishAndChips,
MarshmallowBunny*:Marshmallow:Cookies,
GrasshopperPie*:Egg/Marshmallow:KeyLimePie,
PulledPork:Steak:Hamburger,
CinnamonDonut*:Egg/Cinnamon:Cookies,
GingerbreadCookie*:Egg/Cinnamon:Cookies,
PineappleSpear*:Fruit/Cocoa:TofuDog,
FriedPlantains:Banana:FriedPeanutButterBanana,
CubanSandwich:Meat/Cheese:FrenchToast,
SteamedVeggies:Vegetable:StirFry,
WeddingCakeSliceDOT07*:Egg/Egg/Fruit:BakedAngelFoodCake,
Cereal:Fruit/Milk,
GreenSalad:Lettuce,
BreadandJam:Bread/Fruit,
FruitPunch:Fruit,
CoconutJuice:Coconut,
CoconutWater:Coconut,
KeyLimePie*:Lime,
ChocolatePie*:Cocoa,
CheeseDanish*:Cheese,
Yogurt*:Fruit/Milk">
<!--(Format) Extra recipe : Required ingredients : Recipe to refer to for cooking processes
(Notes) Extra recipes marked at the end with an '*' will treated as desserts by the game.
Ingredients must be separated using a '/'. If no ingredient is specified and the extra recipe does not already have any required ingredients by default, the recipe can be cooked with any ingredient.
Use the <Recipe_Key> values in RecipeMasterList XML for the extra recipes and the <Recipe_Class> values for the reference recipes.
Use the <Ingredient_Key> values in the Ingredients XML for the ingredients-->
</kExtraRecipes>

<kExtraSaunaRecipes value= "DimSum">
<!--Recipes besides Steamed Veggies that can be cooked on the Sauna-->
</kExtraSaunaRecipes>
</Current_Tuning>
</base>
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#175 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 12:32 PM
@desiree101: The recipe "names" you need to use are found in the RecipeMasterList XML in the GameplayData package (see here if you're not sure where to find the GameplayData package: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit..._Tuning_Modding . Also as is stated there it may be best to make a copy of it just for viewing purposes to eliminate the risk of directly editing the original file), For example in that XML you'll find that the entry corresponding to the quick meal version of Key Lime Pie goes like:

<Data>
<Recipe_Key>EP9KeyLimePie</Recipe_Key>
<Recipe_Name>EP9KeyLimePie</Recipe_Name>
<CodeVersion>EP9</CodeVersion>
<Recipe_Class>SnackDefault</Recipe_Class>

and it is the <Recipe_Key> value that you need to use ("KeyLimePie" btw is the recipe key of the original cookable Key Lime Pie recipe which already requires a lime and an egg). Likewise you'll need to check the Ingredients XML (or its equivalent if you're using a mod to add a custom ingredient) and make sure to use the <Ingredient_Key> values as the ingredient names.

Also btw, I take it you have an mod that unblocks the Barista Bar only quick meals from appearing on the fridge? You'll need one otherwise you won't see those quick meal recipes even if you add them to the Tuning file. Also the (Virgin) Coconut Juice and Pineapple Juice recipes are explicitly blocked from the fridge as well, but I believe douglasveiga's Coconut Palm mod already comes with a Coconut Water recipe that uses the custom coconut fruit so there should be no need to add that to the Tuning file.
Page 7 of 15