Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th May 2022 at 7:41 PM
Default Newer Versions of Python with Zerbu Mod Constructor?
Hey everyone.
I have Python version 3.9.7 (haven't upgraded to 3.10 yet), and it is working fine with my Jupyter notebooks. But, I went to export my first mod and Zerbu's Mod Constructor threw the following error:

"The file 'Mods\McMcAllonsy_ExampleTrait\Python/__pycache__/McMcAllonsy_ExampleTrait.cpython-37.pyc' does not exist. This can be caused by selecting the wrong version of Python. If you're sure you have the right version, it may be a programming error.

Python Output:

"
So, my questions are as follows:

1. Am I just making a simple mistake?
2. Is Zerbu's Mod Constructor only compatible with Python 3.7.0?
3. If so, could I have a legacy version of Python and a current version of Python installed simultaneously?

Thanks
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 19th May 2022 at 1:29 AM
Sims 4 itself is only compatible with 3.7, so unless you need 3.9 for some other unrelated project there's no reason to have both, but you should be able to have both installed.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th May 2022 at 11:35 PM
Thank you