Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Clean And Empty Stealth Hood Templates

by Jawusa Posted 22nd Feb 2014 at 7:25 PM - Updated 15th Jan 2019 at 1:32 PM by Jawusa

159 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 109 Feedback Posts, 49 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 7
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#126 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 8:46 AM
Thank you! hopefully I'll be able to get rid of those pesky townies
Test Subject
#127 Old 19th Apr 2019 at 6:15 AM
sorry, i didn't get this. you said you only copied the lots for hobbies and magic. why not the secret lots of the exotic destinations? will my sims still be able to go there and find the lots with the original buildings and stuff on them and meet the corresponding npcs in place, like bigfoot etc?
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#128 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 10:12 PM
@ptdrummer

The secret BV lots are in the vacation subhoods themselves, not in the stealth hood.
So, if you add Three Lakes to the neighborhood, you're also adding the Hidden Burrow lot to your neighborhood.

Only the Magic and Hobbies subhoods have lots in them. All the other stealth hoods are empty. (I obviously had a look into the secret neighborhoods, so I know which one has lots in them. lol)

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#129 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 5:01 AM
Thank you sososo much for this upload! Everything from the last decade that's available online is too outdated to be accessible!
Lab Assistant
#130 Old 7th Jul 2019 at 9:04 PM
Oooh finally not the same families anymore, thanks!

I only got one problem now: my game apparently only generates male sims. The only females I've encountered thus far are the base game townies, the Countess and an appartment landlord (landlady?). I do like townies (and the variation I can get now), but all male is a bit too much - the hood census from ACR showed 131 males and 81 females I already tried selecting the random gender setting from the NPC townie maker from the boolprop cheat: I selected it within a new test neighbourhood before the game would generate new townies (in an appartment). However I still got only male appartment residents, including potential roommates . I got the same result when I created another test neighbourhood without my huge downloads folder, so the problem is not custom content-related. Any idea what might be the cause?
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#131 Old 30th Jul 2019 at 12:52 AM
@Simone95
Sorry for the late answer, I haven't been here for some time...

That's odd. I've never seen such a case where only males are selected for townie generation. I'm afraid I don't know what the cause is. Have you tried posting your issue in the Help section?
I doubt it is related to empty templates.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#132 Old 3rd Aug 2019 at 6:24 AM
Exactly what I needed.
Lab Assistant
#133 Old 18th Aug 2019 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
@Simone95
Sorry for the late answer, I haven't been here for some time...

That's odd. I've never seen such a case where only males are selected for townie generation. I'm afraid I don't know what the cause is. Have you tried posting your issue in the Help section?
I doubt it is related to empty templates.

No problem, you're a volunteer/fan, not an employee

I could indeed post my problem there when I got more time to check answers: I doubt it is related to your templates too, it's just that with your templates the problem becomes visible, so I hoped others might have seen it too Thanks for the tip!
Test Subject
#134 Old 28th Nov 2019 at 12:02 AM Last edited by CataSweetSunshine : 28th Nov 2019 at 12:50 AM.
Hi, I need help. When I go to the Users/AppData/ProgramsFilesx86 it just appear Electronic Arts, not EA Games and it worries me a lot. What can I do?When I go in game the hoods I download from here doesn't work because the families in the bin keeps appearing ):

Does someone has a Discord Server (the creator) or Twitter perhaps? I don’t usually log in here, so please reach me out at least through email : applegirl2807@hotmail.com So I can explain you better cause seriously I want to install this the right way.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#135 Old 6th Dec 2019 at 7:47 PM
@CataSweetSunshine

Do you have any collection packs installed? Maybe that is why you get the Electronic Arts instead of EA Games.
As long as you see that there's a The Sims 2 folder, there shouldn't be any difference.

My Simblr
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#136 Old 4th Jun 2020 at 12:47 AM
Thank you sooo much for this whole work of yours. Sorry for my English, it's not my mother tongue ..now i' just have one more Question to ask. If i' dont have anything in the VirtualStore Folder, is that good or bad?
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#137 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 12:46 PM
@kaligi

If there's nothing in that folder, then you're good to go!

My Simblr
Field Researcher
#138 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 6:34 PM
@kaligi

If there's nothing in that folder, then you're good to go!

Thank you very much @Jawusa
Scholar
THANKS POST
#139 Old 30th Jun 2020 at 1:08 AM
Does this also prevent the Tricou downtownies from spawning?
I want to make a custom downtown but am worried the Tricou teens will spawn & it will cause corruption since the gravestones for their relatives won't be generated.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#140 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 11:22 AM
@BeckyBoo8
No, this won't make the Tricou downtownies re-spawn again. Download an empty Downtown template here. This will stop the game from adding downtownies to your neighborhoods once you create a custom downtown in-game.

The game might create NEW downtownies as you play!
However, if you don't want that and want to have an empty custom downtown, download the mods listed here

My Simblr
Inventor
#141 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 10:22 PM Last edited by annachibi : 25th Sep 2020 at 11:44 PM.
Just so I can make sure I understand... This will still allow the game to generate NPCs and downtownies when necessary, right? I just want my new custom hoods to be corruption-free and not make the same NPCs as I usually get.
Mad Poster
#142 Old 1st Nov 2020 at 3:14 AM
Thanks!I've got a way of backing things up for this.I've got my enitre Origin Games install directory saved on an external hard drive and even tested loading the game from it a few times and it actually loaded the game and it played fine.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#143 Old 16th Dec 2020 at 11:15 PM
Thank you!
I'm so tired of them and I never use them.
Field Researcher
#144 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 9:44 PM Last edited by trambling101 : 3rd Jan 2021 at 4:14 AM. Reason: spent 8 hours trying to back up my computer and resorted to backing up the game files instead
Before I upload, I just want to confirm that the files go as indicated in the attached screenshot (Mac user so I am not 100% sure)? There is nothing there that should be overwritten? That's under the general TSData however there is also the specific TSData for each of the expansion packs included in the Super Collection (see second screenshot). Now that I think of it.. Perhaps that's where the files should go right?

I have The Sims 2 Super Collection for Mac and noticed that there was no guide on how to install this. In case any other Mac users want to add these:
Go to 'Applications', right click 'The Sims 2™: Super Collection', and select 'Show Package Contents'.
Then select Contents > Assets > Expansion Packs.

Put the P001 folder in: Pets > TSData > Res > NeighborhoodTemplate.
Put the G002 folder in: Seasons > TSData > Res > NeighborhoodTemplate.
Put the V001 folder in: Bon Voyage > TSData > Res > NeighborhoodTemplate.

Hopefully others find this useful, I just added these to my game and created a new neighbourhood and none of the premade bin families spawned. Highly recommend backing up your files prior to doing this though.
Screenshots

Call me Seth!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#145 Old 14th Mar 2021 at 3:15 PM
With this, there are no strays wasting character files. Thank you so much! <3
Forum Resident
#146 Old 16th May 2021 at 4:09 AM
The latest-and-greatest version of SimPE (0.75.69, non-T&A) has exposed a couple of very deeply buried Sims who I am told are in the hidden files of every neighborhood. They are Caryl Gray and Cheryl Miller, Elders, 0 days left but NOT Deceased, NOT in any of the regular houses (they're in what previous SimPE versions called "Default" and .69 calls "No Family"). They have no relationships, no careers, no skills, no assigned purpose, no wants/fears, no nothing.

You might want to check this out.
Test Subject
#147 Old 15th Jun 2021 at 8:21 AM Last edited by MarioXMan : 15th Jun 2021 at 9:53 AM.
Hey, I was wondering. This is kind of what I wanted but there is an issue. I wanted the family's gone but only from my main game neighborhoods and I wanted to add the bin family's to one custom neighborhood. But now there gone from everything, even custom neighborhoods. Is there any where I can get just their bin files for one neighborhood so I can put them in it?
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#148 Old 16th Jun 2021 at 9:14 PM
@MarioXMan
If you don't want the stealth hood bin families in every neighborhood, but are OK with them being in some neighborhoods, then you might want to check out these separated bin family subhoods by meetme2theriver

My Simblr
Test Subject
#149 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 7:25 AM
@MarioXMan
If you don't want the stealth hood bin families in every neighborhood, but are OK with them being in some neighborhoods, then you might want to check out these separated bin family subhoods by meetme2theriver

Oh thank yuo thank you. Do I still use this mod's Empty Stealth Hood Templates or use this other mod secretly. Like what would I need to do?
Lab Assistant
#150 Old 2nd Jul 2021 at 6:53 PM
So I set everything up for my megahood, with all the subhood templates in place, including all of empty stealth hoods, but the families generated in the family bin anyway, and the subhoods I wanted didn't show up. I read about the virtual store problem, and found that my virtual store data somehow only has Fun with Pets, University Life, and Bon Voyage, each with only one lot data file in those folders, and yet the subhood templates still don't work. What do I do?
Page 6 of 7