Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Lifetime Aspirations v.05

by ky-e Posted 27th Oct 2020 at 12:15 PM - Updated 27th Jun 2022 at 2:09 AM by HugeLunatic : removed advertising

229 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 162 Feedback Posts, 66 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 10
Test Subject
#126 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 6:38 AM
This mod is great!...But the entire 'aspiration milestone' part of the child creative aspiration has disappeared? It's completely greyed out.
Test Subject
#127 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 8:24 AM
this is the only aspiration mod I ?believe? i use, so hard to keep track, but i'm rebuilding from scratch and noticed same problem. any help would be nice or needs to be updated since snowy escape?? anyways while in live mode you can't select/change to new aspiration w/o going all the way into CAS. appreciate any thoughts
Test Subject
Original Poster
#128 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sigery97
Do you know if this mod would conflict with other custom aspirations? In particular MarlynSims has one related to retirement and some extra kids' ones that I want to keep

As far as I'm aware there shouldn't be any conflicts.

Quote: Originally posted by Jolene1773
This mod is great!...But the entire 'aspiration milestone' part of the child creative aspiration has disappeared? It's completely greyed out.

I actually noticed this the other day myself! Just a small error in the code, I'm releasing a new version in a little over a week which will fix this (among many other things).

Quote: Originally posted by Pipehitter24
this is the only aspiration mod I ?believe? i use, so hard to keep track, but i'm rebuilding from scratch and noticed same problem. any help would be nice or needs to be updated since snowy escape?? anyways while in live mode you can't select/change to new aspiration w/o going all the way into CAS. appreciate any thoughts

This is usually caused when files from this mod are installed for a pack you don't have. Double check the list of separate files in the Separate Files folder of the mod download. If you're 100% sure that everything's in order and you're still having the issue, try clearing your game cache. And let me know if neither of these work!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#129 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 4:09 PM
I will be releasing a new update (hopefully) on September 1st! It will have 14 new Aspirations, including a revamp of those that Maxis has added since my last release. It will also include all of the translations that people have so graciously added to my translation document!

I'm currently working on adding all those to the game, but in the meantime I've gone ahead and added all of the new strings from the new update to the translation document. I'd love to get some of them translated before the update gets released, so if you'd like to help here's the link again: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...#gid=1444109227

Thanks!
Test Subject
#130 Old 26th Aug 2021 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ky-e
I will be releasing a new update (hopefully) on September 1st! It will have 14 new Aspirations, including a revamp of those that Maxis has added since my last release. It will also include all of the translations that people have so graciously added to my translation document!

I'm currently working on adding all those to the game, but in the meantime I've gone ahead and added all of the new strings from the new update to the translation document. I'd love to get some of them translated before the update gets released, so if you'd like to help here's the link again: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...#gid=1444109227

Thanks!

Thanks for this mod. I love it!
With the most recent update (Aug. 24, 2021), the aspiration selector in live mode is blank. I tested this mod alone. I cleared all cache files as well.
I can't wait for the update, I'm sure it's going to be awesome!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#131 Old 26th Aug 2021 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SweetieWright_84
Thanks for this mod. I love it!
With the most recent update (Aug. 24, 2021), the aspiration selector in live mode is blank. I tested this mod alone. I cleared all cache files as well.
I can't wait for the update, I'm sure it's going to be awesome!

That's odd, my game seems to be fine! If you've checked that you have all the right files installed and cleared you cache, I'm not sure what else could be causing it tbh. I'll see what I can do to look into it, maybe the new update will fix things.
Test Subject
#132 Old 26th Aug 2021 at 11:02 PM Last edited by SweetieWright_84 : 27th Aug 2021 at 1:32 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ky-e
That's odd, my game seems to be fine! If you've checked that you have all the right files installed and cleared you cache, I'm not sure what else could be causing it tbh. I'll see what I can do to look into it, maybe the new update will fix things.

I always clear my caches before I add/remove anything. It was such a small update that I have no idea why it would do it either. Everything was installed correctly. I'm looking forward to the update though.

Edit: I'm officially an idiot. I forgot to remove the Merged file. I remembered to remove the aspirations for the packs I don't own (Bust the Dust & Batuu) but I forgot the Merged file. Sorry.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#133 Old 27th Aug 2021 at 2:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SweetieWright_84
I always clear my caches before I add/remove anything. It was such a small update that I have no idea why it would do it either. Everything was installed correctly. I'm looking forward to the update though.

Edit: I'm officially an idiot. I forgot to remove the Merged file. I remembered to remove the aspirations for the packs I don't own (Bust the Dust & Batuu) but I forgot the Merged file. Sorry.

No worries, glad it worked out!

The new version is up!!! Hope everyone likes it, let me know what you think!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#134 Old 27th Aug 2021 at 6:50 AM
A game-changer. It's sad that such mods must be installed in the game in order for inconsistency, created by the developers of the game, to not ruin the fun in playing. Thank you for the mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#135 Old 28th Aug 2021 at 10:15 AM
Love this mod! I've always wanted more aspirations like Good Vampire and Master Vampire, but for spellcasters, since I'm a heavily spellcaster focused simmer. It would be super cool if you made an aspiration for a sim that learned all the spells for mischief magic, and you can kinda get inspired by the aspiration "chief of mischief". You can also kinda replicate the Master Vampire aspiration if you put something like "Perform the Rite of Ascension on 20 sims", or "Offer magical training to 20 sims", or something. I'd really love it ????
Test Subject
#136 Old 28th Aug 2021 at 5:04 PM
I really, really love this mod. I have always hated trying to complete aspirations in the game, but without them it’s so hard to have a direction. Anyway, I had one question/request for the modified cottage living aspiration. Would it be possible to include selling wool from the llamas, or did you leave that out on purpose? Thanks so much for your work!
Lab Assistant
#137 Old 28th Aug 2021 at 7:38 PM
Hi, I translated your mod into Brazilian Portuguese! I hosted the translated string on my tumblr, if you decide to wrap it and embed it in your mod let me know!
https://ayrthwil.tumblr.com/post/66...que-os-arquivos
Test Subject
Original Poster
#138 Old 29th Aug 2021 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cvrsedgold
Love this mod! I've always wanted more aspirations like Good Vampire and Master Vampire, but for spellcasters, since I'm a heavily spellcaster focused simmer. It would be super cool if you made an aspiration for a sim that learned all the spells for mischief magic, and you can kinda get inspired by the aspiration "chief of mischief". You can also kinda replicate the Master Vampire aspiration if you put something like "Perform the Rite of Ascension on 20 sims", or "Offer magical training to 20 sims", or something. I'd really love it ????

Thanks for the idea! I still haven't really played with Spellcasters, but an Aspiration focused on magic mischief sounds like a good idea! I'll look into a good goal.

Quote: Originally posted by morgztee
I really, really love this mod. I have always hated trying to complete aspirations in the game, but without them it’s so hard to have a direction. Anyway, I had one question/request for the modified cottage living aspiration. Would it be possible to include selling wool from the llamas, or did you leave that out on purpose? Thanks so much for your work!

It's technically possible, but it would involve overriding some files. And the more files I override, the less likely this mod will be compatible with other mods unfortunately (I tried to find an alternative and couldn't). I do kinda like how it ended up though, I think the Cross-stitching Aspiration helps to cover the Llamas.

Quote: Originally posted by Ayrthwil
Hi, I translated your mod into Brazilian Portuguese! I hosted the translated string on my tumblr, if you decide to wrap it and embed it in your mod let me know!
https://ayrthwil.tumblr.com/post/66...que-os-arquivos

Oh very nice, thanks! I'll add it to the other Portuguese translations in the Translation Document linked in the mod description, and add your name to the Translation Credits file in the next update.
Test Subject
#139 Old 1st Sep 2021 at 4:53 AM
Is there a specific way we're meant to sell the milk/eggs for the cottage caretaker one? I've tried on the yard sale table and the inventory sell slot and neither have changed anything. Same goes for the Queen Bee "Sell Honey" command on the object. Better Exceptions says there's invalid turning for one of the base game files: \LifetimeAspirations\kyLifetimeAspirationsBaseGame_v05.package
Invalid Tuning
objective_Asp_Family_L5A_1T | Incorrectly matched tuning types found in tuning for whitelist_traits in Instance: 25829 (objective_Asp_Family_L5A_1T), Types.OBJECTIVE. Expected 'T', got 'E'
Any ideas? I'd really prefer to be able to use the mod :/
Test Subject
#140 Old 1st Sep 2021 at 5:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by animefansim
Is there a specific way we're meant to sell the milk/eggs for the cottage caretaker one? I've tried on the yard sale table and the inventory sell slot and neither have changed anything. Same goes for the Queen Bee "Sell Honey" command on the object. Better Exceptions says there's invalid turning for one of the base game files: \LifetimeAspirations\kyLifetimeAspirationsBaseGame_v05.package
Invalid Tuning
objective_Asp_Family_L5A_1T | Incorrectly matched tuning types found in tuning for whitelist_traits in Instance: 25829 (objective_Asp_Family_L5A_1T), Types.OBJECTIVE. Expected 'T', got 'E'
Any ideas? I'd really prefer to be able to use the mod :/

After a closer inspection, I am able to get Country Caretaker to somewhat work if I'm selling regular eggs and milk through the sell tab in the inventory. I know I tried a golden egg and pumpkin spice milk that way and nothing happened.
Test Subject
#141 Old 1st Sep 2021 at 11:55 AM
I downloaded the new version and the bug is gone! yay!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#142 Old 1st Sep 2021 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by animefansim
After a closer inspection, I am able to get Country Caretaker to somewhat work if I'm selling regular eggs and milk through the sell tab in the inventory. I know I tried a golden egg and pumpkin spice milk that way and nothing happened.

Unfortunately, I'm largely at the mercy of Maxis on this one. It seems as though they didn't give all the milk/egg variants the proper tags, so the Aspiration isn't able to recognize them as Milk/Egg ingredients. If I can get the game to test for multiple tags in the future, I should be able to circumvent this issue. For now, it will only work with standard Milk/Eggs. The alternative would be altering the Milk/Egg files myself directly, which would cause compatibility issues with other mods.

The Queen Bee Aspiration used to work selling from the Bee Box, or from the inventory, but it seems something has changed because the Bee Box isn't working anymore (but the inventory still does). I'll look into it and see what I can do, but this one seems to be a bug with the game itself, so it will likely be up to Maxis to fix it.
Test Subject
#143 Old 3rd Sep 2021 at 12:13 AM
This would be perfect if the aspirations came with whims that contained the tasks that would normally be required with the unmodded versions.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#144 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 5:16 AM
guy who did the Korean translation here. thanks for the great mod. I've been enjoying it so far, and currently working on the rest of the translation. have a good one!!!
Test Subject
#145 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 10:30 PM
Is this working with the latest spa day update?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#146 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 8:48 PM
Would you ever consider to upload a separate version of only the new aspirations? ^^
Test Subject
Original Poster
#147 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmyneutron
This would be perfect if the aspirations came with whims that contained the tasks that would normally be required with the unmodded versions.

That's on my to-do list!

Quote: Originally posted by bin
guy who did the Korean translation here. thanks for the great mod. I've been enjoying it so far, and currently working on the rest of the translation. have a good one!!!

Thanks for all your help!!!

Quote: Originally posted by Jolene1773
Is this working with the latest spa day update?

I haven't been able to test it myself quite yet, but I haven't gotten any issues reported to me so I'm assuming that it is.

Quote: Originally posted by Yuiri
Would you ever consider to upload a separate version of only the new aspirations? ^^

Already done! They come in separate files, just install the one you want (the README file goes into this).
Test Subject
#148 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 12:15 AM
Hi! Better Exceptions flagged this mod for tuning. I removed it, and there were no exceptions.
Field Researcher
#149 Old 16th Sep 2021 at 2:55 AM Last edited by justpass11 : 16th Sep 2021 at 3:47 AM.
Hi, the aspirations panel only shows a blank window with this mod.

EDIT: Nvm, I had installed packs I didn't own haha.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#150 Old 17th Sep 2021 at 1:47 PM
Amazing Mod! I can't wait to play it on whims!! However the new aspirations were not translated to Portuguese in this last update :/
Page 6 of 10