Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Remove stencils/overlays from build/buy/CAS objects in game (edited 01/16/2014)

by velocitygrass Posted 9th Jun 2012 at 11:59 AM - Updated 16th Jan 2014 at 5:25 PM by velocitygrass : Note about patch 1.66

238 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 98 Feedback Posts, 139 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 10
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#201 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 3:44 AM
This mod is amazing :D Please keep up the great work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#202 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 3:18 PM
Thank You so very much for this awesome tool.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#203 Old 8th Jun 2014 at 12:27 PM
Wow, and I discovered this only now – Thank you!
Field Researcher
#204 Old 13th Jun 2014 at 6:57 AM Last edited by LE102071 : 13th Jun 2014 at 7:44 AM.
Just curious... will this remove the "shine" from the Plumbots that came with ITF?

ETA:

I just tested this, and yes, it does remove the shine from the plumbots! WOOT!

I am not bigoted for race, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, or age... I do, however, have a big problem with stupidity, and stupidity knows no boundaries.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#205 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 5:41 AM
This is utterly amazing! Not just the stencils on the items the sims use, but the clothing!!!! So many items I might actually dress a sim in now, that were basically unused before, because of some silly stencil or whatever! Many thank!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#206 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 3:31 AM
omg!!!! this is freaking amazing!!!!!!!!!!! <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#207 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 2:50 PM
I searched this object for a lot of years and now I found it! Thank you! ^-^
Test Subject
#208 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 9:19 PM
First, I'd like to start off with thank you for this wonderful mod.

I have used this mod for a long time now with no problem. I just recently created a sim though using the deco p code to remove the shine off of most of her clothing. After creating this particular sim, my game will load up to about 80% and then won't load any further. After removing this mod, the game now loads. Is there an unknown issue with using the deco p code too much and causing issues? I read through the known issues but didn't see this particular instance.

Please let me know if there is anymore information you would like in order to figure this issue out.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#209 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 3:06 AM
Oh man, I can't believe I never looked into this more! I tend not to use the decorated objects in-game because it can be hard to match them to anything. And being able to remove the damned specular off of EVERYTHING (EA, what the hell were you thinking? Cotton is not shiny, tires are not shiny, unvarnished wood is not shiny) will be so nice!
dodgy builder
#210 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 9:06 AM
Works nicely on those hideous blinds in basegame. Perfect thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#211 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 8:30 PM
This is the best mod ever made, thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#212 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 1:04 AM
Awesome. Thank you
Test Subject
#213 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 4:05 PM
doenst work for me
I tried both versions but the game doesn't know the cheat
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#214 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 2:08 AM
thank you very much :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#215 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 11:06 PM
Amazing, it will increase the posibilities in decoration and cas. Many times I wanted to use and object or clothe but the decorative pictures stop me. Thank you! :D
Lab Assistant
#216 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 6:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by paika
Those stupid shiny workout pants!!! Finally usable!!! Oh thank you, thank you, thank you! I also love all other options and possibilities this provides, but those pants have bugged me for such a long time.

Your mods are so useful!

Oh, I didn't think about using this mod to take the shiny off those pants! I hate them too. They are perfectly nice pants, if they didn't look like the fabric was infused with plastic.
Field Researcher
#217 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 7:44 PM
I have a question about this if anybody can ask - if I remove stencils/overlays/etc, does it show up in Custard as a CAP or pattern?

I have a lot I just checked and it says I have a pattern in there, but I have no idea where. I'm careful not to add CAP. The only thing I can think of is the stencils I removed.
Instructor
#218 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 5:37 PM
I've tried to use this several times to remove stencils with no luck. Today I tried again, even with a clean folder it was a no-go. I watched a demonstration video on YouTube and started asking myself if I could be such an idiot because it wouldn't work for me.

Then it hit me, the code to enter in the cheat bar is case sensitive! I always have caps locked when entering cheats because it's easier to see the text. Once I unlocked caps, everything worked perfectly (yay!). Now I can catch up with everyone else in CASt and CAS.

Thank you velocitygrass!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#219 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 4:50 PM
Wow thank you very much for this mod.
Test Subject
#220 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 3:16 PM
This is exactly what I have always needed for Sims 3 clothing being way too shiny.

Will this work on their face skin as well? I noticed their skin was always super shiny in CAS even when it's not supposed to be shiny in-game, and it makes it hard to know what it looks like outside of CAS(had to adjust my sim twice because the specular gives an illusion of having a small chin/jaw, but it looked huge outside of CAS). Not to mention the specular just looks so weird on skin in general.

I kind of wonder if there's a way to also make everything disable specular by default... That would be awesome.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#221 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 9:48 AM
YOU ARE AMAZING HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS FOR AGES!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#222 Old 14th Nov 2015 at 6:26 PM
I downloaded the cheat code version (up until recently, I only had the interaction version) so I could use this mod in CAS. I have to say, I LOVE this mod! I used it to remove speculars on all of one of my Sims' outfits, and while I did have to lighten the blacks, the clothes look a TRILLION times better without that unrealistic shine! I cannot say how much I love this mod! :lovestruc Now excuse while I go and track down some of my other Sims and de-shine their wardrobes...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#223 Old 16th Nov 2015 at 7:45 PM
Thanks
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#224 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 7:09 AM
Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#225 Old 13th Jan 2016 at 4:39 PM
This is brilliant! I will come back for this for sure!
Page 9 of 10