Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Middleground -- Neighbourhood with lots; base game compatible

by plasticbox Posted 2nd Dec 2007 at 12:49 AM - Updated 13th Jan 2015 at 4:18 AM by plasticbox

202 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 193 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 9
Alchemist
#51 Old 4th Dec 2007 at 12:50 PM
I found the newspaper plane on the porch roof! I adore the willow square. All houses are so nice with your special touch, thanks again for this wonderful hood!
Test Subject
#52 Old 4th Dec 2007 at 1:06 PM
plasticbox,

There weren't 19 files in the N514/lots folder, there were 97. I added your Forest Lake lot before starting play, and the rest probably happened when I added a downtown and shopping area (to get more townies). So I don't know how many I started with. Anyway, I redownloaded, there were 19 files, but again two didn't show up ingame. Then I took out my LotCatalog folder, thinking that something in there might be conflicting, redownloaded and tried again, still the same. So I started a brand new 'The Sims 2' file, with only your stuff and Maxis stuff in it. The same two lots are still missing.

I don't understand it. Your other hood worked great on this computer. Well, this one does, too, minus a couple lots. So I'll play it as is, because it's well worth playing, the gameplay itself is smooth and glitch free, as is usual with your creations. Thanks for your input.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#53 Old 4th Dec 2007 at 11:08 PM
otrjam,

that all sounds .. quite odd. Thanks for testing it all out! I've attached 3 Main Street and 1 Langerak Drive below (aka lots #15 and 17), can you let me know if those work for you? You shouldn't need to play with an incomplete Middleground, if it can be avoided =)
Attached files:
File Type: zip  middleground_3_MainStreet.zip (823.5 KB, 771 downloads)
File Type: zip  middleground_1_LangerakDrive.zip (908.5 KB, 779 downloads)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#54 Old 4th Dec 2007 at 11:44 PM Last edited by mangaroo : 5th Dec 2007 at 12:10 AM.
I can't tell you how much I appreciate the creativity and *playability* of your work. Your lots dominate my game.

Sadly, I have to report the same problem as otrjam. I've downloaded 3 Main Street from post #53, but the missing lot 17 is 2 Langerak Drive (not 1 Langerak Drive). Is that just a typo?

ETA: Answered my question by downloading and installing the lot. It's the correct one. Thanks for providing these files separately.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#55 Old 5th Dec 2007 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
I've downloaded 3 Main Street from post #53, but the missing lot 17 is 2 Langerak Drive (not 1 Langerak Drive). Is that just a typo?

I think that's me mixing up the lot numbers somehow =) but if it's the right one and works now, all is well.

I'm not sure if I should reupload the whole thing before I don't know what caused the problem in the first place (maybe a different lot breaks then, and it'll take another 1.000 downloads before anyone notices) .. the separate lots above are the exact same files as in the OP (read packaged from my own Base Game / N514 incarnation), and the log file of my rar tool doesn't show anything out of the ordinary.

I'll make note of this in the OP. Thanks for the heads-up =)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
#56 Old 5th Dec 2007 at 12:55 AM
It's all complete, and everything's working perfectly now. Those were the missing houses.

That was so nice of you -- thank you very much!
Test Subject
#57 Old 5th Dec 2007 at 5:43 PM
Woo hoo, another neighborhood from my favorite lot builder!! Seriously, yours are the only standard lots that I always re-download whenever I re-install to clean out some of the old junk that always builds up when I spend a lot of time on the game.
Test Subject
#58 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 3:15 PM
hello,
I have a question. I placed some of your Baskerville lots on this wonderful new map you've made but I've noticed the shadow on the lots from neighborhood view is always on the same side of the house. So my favorite Town Hall looks dark grey if I want its front-side facing me. And I really want to place it there, don't want to rotate it.
I guess that all downloadable lots have this permanent sunny side and dark side from neighborhood view, but maybe you know anything about a possible hack or mod or something, since you work with neighborhoods and lots a lot?

Thank you in advance and thank you for this fantastic work of yours!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#59 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 5:15 PM
LisaNomiLu,

unfortunately, all I know is that the sun direction is hardwired into the lots when they're created and as far as I'm aware it can't be changed afterwards. There might have been a breakthrough in the last few weeks that I don't know about, maybe check this thread for up-to-date info (if you've got a lot of time on your hands, that is .. that thread is quite a monster).

However, what you could try is rotate the lot so that the street is on the backside -- many of my lots have front and back doors and sometimes the backdoor would work as main entrance just as well. I think with the town hall, if you mean the town hall from Baskerville, it might just work -- if you turn the garden into a little square, it could be quite nice with the patio in front.

Here's a tutorial on lot rotation: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=255110

Good luck!

Lab Assistant
#60 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 7:52 PM
I'm glad that this finally got featured. It deserved it.
Test Subject
#61 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 8:12 PM
be alright if the files comletely download
Test Subject
#62 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 8:30 PM
look forget it i've tried nearly 10 times to download this stops gets to nearly end says finished stuff it
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#63 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 8:45 PM
rmvv, please check out Site Issues with downloading problems. There's nothing I can do about that.

Lab Assistant
#64 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 9:16 PM
Not only do you need quite a lot of time to create a home you'll like, but also it'll require even more time to build a neighborhood from scratch.

I bow in front of thee.

From out of time and place,
I'm a girl with the elven grace.
Before you knock on the door,
Don't forget to look at the mirror.
Test Subject
#65 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 9:53 PM
When I saw there's a new neigbourhood by you, I downloaded it immediately without even looking at the screenshots
Test Subject
#66 Old 9th Dec 2007 at 10:10 AM
Do all the lots come with the N514 file?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#68 Old 9th Dec 2007 at 1:39 PM
LilRebelKaty14,

why do you ask? Is there anything unclear in the OP, or are you having problems with the lots?

Field Researcher
#69 Old 9th Dec 2007 at 3:49 PM
i was *about* to get all your lovely lots and make a neighborhood full of them but i stumbled on this gem and guess what? i don't have to!

you're an awesome creator and so generous for sharing your lovely talents with us and not charging a thing. thank you so much!

check out my story Faking It
Casting call for Eve's Apple currently going on PM me!
Instructor
#70 Old 10th Dec 2007 at 3:40 AM
wow. another awesome download, thanks :D
Test Subject
#71 Old 10th Dec 2007 at 3:48 AM
plasticbox I got it to work!!
Thank you its awesome
:D
Test Subject
#72 Old 10th Dec 2007 at 4:05 AM
Is there a chance you will add some of the houses as separate downloads. I only have dial up and I cant download that big of a file from this site. I can only download certain files (only anything under 1mb) or else the file wont complete and I only get corrupt files instead. But I was able to download the terrain, and I would love some of the smaller houses if possible. Sorry to have asked but dial up is the only thing available where I live and this was the first download posted I ever got really excited over having in my game. Thanks
#73 Old 10th Dec 2007 at 2:07 PM
hey plasticbox
i like your work, especially your houses. i really wanna have this neighbourhood in my game, but each time i download it and opens it with WinRAR it keeps saying this:
"WinRAR: Diagnosic messages
This file is corrupt"
or this one:
Unexpected end of archive"

do you have any idea what the problem is, or is it my computer?
Test Subject
#74 Old 10th Dec 2007 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmerling
hey plasticbox
i like your work, especially your houses. i really wanna have this neighbourhood in my game, but each time i download it and opens it with WinRAR it keeps saying this:
This file is corrupt"
or this one:
Unexpected end of archive"

do you have any idea what the problem is, or is it my computer?

I'm getting this message too! I'm really gutted as I think your upload looks fabulous - I love custom neighbourhoods but I haven't got the patience to make them look all spectacular and playable!

I've had this error on downloads before... but then within a few days everything works fine again.. so fingers crossed! I'm bookmarking this page and will keep checking back until I can download it properly!

This looks like great work, Thanks very much for sharing!

*~ Em ~*
Field Researcher
#75 Old 10th Dec 2007 at 5:04 PM
Very neat! Thanks for making this possible.
Page 3 of 9