Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Neighbourhood Beach Front - *Request* - Map by Deskp, with beach lots!

by himawara106 Posted 4th Mar 2009 at 6:18 PM - Updated 6th Apr 2009 at 10:47 AM by himawara106

48 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 45 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 12:00 AM
Sweet! Why did I not see this until now? Thank you for this.
Field Researcher
#27 Old 18th Dec 2008 at 12:30 PM
This grabbed my attention straight away,thanks.

"What's the worst that I can say?
Things are better if I stay.
So long and goodnight,so long and goodnight."-Helena,My Chemical Romance
(( ))
// \\
Test Subject
#28 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 6:31 AM
I love this!
Is there a way to make it show an actual picture of this on the list like the other maps show? This just shows a generic map pic in my game list.
Inventor
Original Poster
#29 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 7:11 PM Last edited by himawara106 : 5th Mar 2009 at 9:18 AM.
@Firesyne:
Edit: I have edited the post with the help of the mts2 moderators and now you should see the pic! Just redownload please.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 4th Mar 2009 at 10:37 PM
This is really very neat - it's accurate for a lot of the areas on the coast in the NW here, and for that I thank you!
Mad Poster
#31 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 8:22 AM
Great job on it ! Thank you so much for sharing
Banned
#32 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 3:52 AM
This map looks a lot like my real-life city/town/village of Langley, in Canada. It's sort-of a mixture of the three, because it has a central downtown core, called by us locals 'the Core' for it's two one-way roads, and the buildings are nothing bigger than 6 stories. Then it fades into older residential small-town lots, called 'the Township', with many open floodplains and a golf course, helicopter/small plane landing site and flight museum. Then up the hill there's a region dubbed 'Brookswood Village' for it's ancient trees and forests and it's small area. This map outlnes perfectly the Bypass, One-Ways, Brookswood and the outlying areas, as well as the riverside campgrounds. When I first saw this map, it struck me "Well, this looks identical to Langley!" *downloads* Thanks a ton. This will be perfect for my story involving my hometown.
Inventor
Original Poster
#33 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 10:02 AM
@mj2004 3
Oh - that sounds great. Maybe Deskp had this town in mind when he draw the map?
I have once been to Canada and I liked it there very much. It's such a beautiful country. We drove around and saw so many nice places and lakes (I love lakes).
When I created my full neighbourhood Golden Creek I thought of "Golden" and a place with a creek. So this was intended to be a bit Canada-like.

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Scholar
#34 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 8:10 PM
I LOVE it!

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 3:12 PM
Awesome map thank you
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 12:10 PM
thats amazing thanks you two .
Test Subject
#37 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 3:02 AM Last edited by Zheldra : 19th Aug 2009 at 3:03 AM. Reason: none
Thank you
Test Subject
#38 Old 16th Oct 2009 at 10:20 PM
Thanks I was looking for a long time to find a neighborhood with beach lots!!
Test Subject
#39 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 12:09 PM
It's awesome,but I can't place a beach lot.Can someone help me?
Test Subject
#40 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 3:46 PM
Default Awesome
Inventor
Original Poster
#41 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 11:14 AM
@simbuilder32: You can place beachlots where I placed them on the map. It works - as you see from the pictures.

Test Subject
#42 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 3:55 PM
hi, i really love this neighbourhood but i'm having problems with beach lots too. They seem to raise up and change level so the sea doesn't come up onto the beach. doe anyone know how to fix this?
Inventor
Original Poster
#43 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 12:20 PM
@metalmunki: No - sorry. I didn't had that problem when I played my neighbourhood.

Test Subject
#44 Old 18th Jan 2010 at 4:39 PM
it looks like the beach lots are doing the same thing on the first picture of the neighbourhood with lots
Field Researcher
#45 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 6:50 PM
I know I'm late with this, but wow! It's so beautiful!! I've been looking for a neighborhood like this! I love the beach setting... How romantic!
Test Subject
#46 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 11:39 PM
Hi I was wondering if you could use this lot like a real beach lot even if we don't have bv ep
Top Secret Researcher
#47 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 2:13 PM
About some answers reporting a problem with the beach area, I just playtested it and I could place beach lots all along the beach road. Placing a beach lot will remodel the map, as the terrain is flat for now and "swimmable" BV beaches have a certain slope. But I had a sim buy the lot and go on vacation, and he could swim no problem. (And the lot looked lovely, actually!)

You might want to place a beach lot, enter it, exit it, and then move that lot, using the neighbourhood tool, all along the beach to level that part of the map, and not have the terrain be reshaped again and again every time you place a new beach lot.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 6:02 PM
This is great! Both the map and the terrain are amazing. Good idea and good job!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 9th May 2022 at 8:57 PM
Thank you!
Page 2 of 2