Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Teen Careers for All Ages

by plasticbox Posted 15th Sep 2014 at 9:38 PM - Updated 6th Feb 2016 at 3:14 AM by plasticbox

312 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 200 Feedback Posts, 111 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 13
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 12:30 AM
Priority 500 PackedFile *.packagePackedFile *\*.package
DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#27 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 12:40 AM
Try with a linebreak or other whitespace between "PackedFile *.package" and "PackedFile *\*.package".

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#28 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 12:48 AM
Line break being a \ ?
Thanks for all the effort in trying to make it work. I dont have any other mods really, just the one that makes the intro skip and that one works fine.
Is Claeric
THANKS POST
#29 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 12:49 AM
Do you know if these work for aspirations? e.g. does getting to the top level help a parent with the family aspiration "Have a child reach the top of a career"?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#30 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pretty99
Line break being a \ ?

No, linebreak is the key that you hit to make a new line. Enter. The one with that L-shaped arrow.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simify
Do you know if these work for aspirations? e.g. does getting to the top level help a parent with the family aspiration "Have a child reach the top of a career"?

No, I don't know -- I also don't know whether that works when a teen has one of these jobs (i.e. whether the game counts them as "proper careers" for this purpose).

Test Subject
#32 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 1:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
No, linebreak is the key that you hit to make a new line. Enter. The one with that L-shaped arrow.

Hahaha oh im dumb.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 1:28 AM
still unable to make it work. Thanks anyways !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 3:58 AM
Yay! Thank you!
Test Subject
#35 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 3:59 AM
So ive been fiddling with this for a little while now and still have no luck getting it to work.
I put the extracted .package file in the mods folder. Then made the empty folder and named it appropriately. I then copied the line to add to my resource file. The mod shows up in the list of mods when I open the game, but neither the phone nor the computer have the option for any of the teens careers. I also copied someone elses base resource file and added the line into that and it now looks like this...
Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile */*.package
PackedFile */*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*.package

Still the mod shows up, but I have no options in game for the teen careers. Is anyone else having this issue? I know the creater was trying to help me out for a bit but I couldnt get it to work.
Test Subject
#36 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 4:11 AM
Good to see you again! I like all your works and this mod is no exception.
Take this opportunity to say thank you for Elsewhere, I love this city so far.Hug( if i can...)
Instructor
#37 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 5:25 AM
perfect <3

I was hoping someone will make this mod ^^

All and all, no good.
Forum Resident
#38 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 8:02 AM Last edited by kampffenhoff : 16th Sep 2014 at 8:41 AM.
Why don't I have a list of mods when I open a game? As soon as I enabled script mods in options I stopped getting the list. I would like to try this but am puzzled about it, I have other mods that you keep in a zip file and just put in your mods folder like that and they are working. Would this not work if I did that with this. Why does it have to have a special folder all of its own?

A bit of searching has revealed that in options for mods you can tick view at game start and the list of mods disappears. This I evidently have done.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 9:08 AM
wow that's what I needed
Test Subject
#40 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 10:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pretty99
So ive been fiddling with this for a little while now and still have no luck getting it to work.
I put the extracted .package file in the mods folder. Then made the empty folder and named it appropriately. I then copied the line to add to my resource file. The mod shows up in the list of mods when I open the game, but neither the phone nor the computer have the option for any of the teens careers. I also copied someone elses base resource file and added the line into that and it now looks like this...
Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile */*.package
PackedFile */*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*.package

Still the mod shows up, but I have no options in game for the teen careers. Is anyone else having this issue? I know the creater was trying to help me out for a bit but I couldnt get it to work.

I feel dumb because I have the same problem. My other mods work, but this one does not. I have no idea why.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 10:37 AM
Thank you so much!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 11:33 AM
Thank you for this mod !. In real life, some adults become babysitter too
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#43 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 1:01 PM
Wow, didn't think this mod would be done so fast! Thank you so much! Sure these don't pay much but not all sims are hardworkers; these are perfect for lazy sims, fishermen, home writers, gardeners or painters or even elders who cannot work long hours. When I was assigning the jobs for all the hoods sims I quickly got into boring repeat secret agent-criminal-chef, arg X.x No more!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 1:28 PM
Thank goodness for modders!! The career choices all seem to have been taken from a session of the creators asking kindergardeners what they want to be when they grow up. "I wanna a rocket and go into space every day!"
Instructor
#45 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 2:37 PM
Is there any way to clone the Babysitter career and call it Nanny? I know it's splitting hairs but I like Elder nannies called nannies in my game.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#46 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 3:30 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 16th Sep 2014 at 4:01 PM.
With cloning I'd wait until there's a tool for careers (someone had something in the works, I forget who it was). But what you could do in the meantime is perhaps override the string? Pretty sure there's pointers to that in the career track XML.

@SlyStarDust and @pretty99 , it might help if you'd post a screenshot of your /Mods folder. Along the lines of this picture (with full path visible and contents in a list).

Instructor
THANKS POST
#47 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 6:17 PM
I love it! No more crazy new age careers for my Sims. Backyard Burger's where the money's at! ;-)
Test Subject
#48 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 6:18 PM
Hope this is what you were looking for, and that it actually shows the picture lol.
In the mods folder. I have my resource.cfg the unpackedmod folder and 3 mods. The extracted one from yours, the no mosaic one and the no intro one. Both of the other two seem to work.
Screenshots
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#49 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 6:24 PM
Thanks! Try naming it Resource.cfg (capital R) instead of resource.cfg.

Test Subject
#50 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 6:35 PM
Just tried that, with a new save and it still wasnt working. It still shows up when you launch the game and its in the mods list. But nothing when i go into the phone or computer.
Page 2 of 13