Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Teen Careers for All Ages

by plasticbox Posted 15th Sep 2014 at 9:38 PM - Updated 6th Feb 2016 at 3:14 AM by plasticbox

312 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 200 Feedback Posts, 111 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 13
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#51 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 6:40 PM
Yeah that's not surprising .. your game sees the .package, but somehow it doesn't realise that you have this folder. What is your game version? Do you have the latest patch at all?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#52 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 6:46 PM
After redoing every step, I finally got it to work. Thank you for helping and thank you for sharing!
Test Subject
#53 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 6:52 PM
Did you do anything different ? ill check what one i have
Test Subject
#54 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pretty99
Did you do anything different ? ill check what one i have

I started over from the top. I opened the game. I disabled then enabled script mods (just to make sure it was enabled). I closed the game. I created the empty folder: unpackedmod. I unzipped plasticbox's mod to the mod folder already created by the game and where my other mods are. I changed my Resource.cfg to read:
Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile *\*.package
DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate

I loaded my game and my elder is now a babysitter.

I thought I had done all of that prior. Not sure what was different or what changed. Hope you get it to work.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#55 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 8:53 PM
Thank you so much for this mod!
I've been annoyed over how teen sims had more realistic jobs while the adults had over the top jobs and this mod fixes that, thank you :D
But there's no way you could possibly make the wage higher for the jobs and longer workdays? Would make the mod even better
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#56 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 8:59 PM
Great mod Plasticbox, thank you!!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#57 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 9:00 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 16th Sep 2014 at 9:21 PM.
If you want different wages or any other parameters changed, please head over to the Create forums and look at how to do that yourself.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#58 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 9:23 PM
I love it, it makes sense for my painter sim to be a part time barista lol
Test Subject
#59 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 10:42 PM
Alright, so it was not updated. How I missed that i dont know. But im doing that and then ill try it, hopefully it works =)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 11:03 PM
I just wanted to say you made me laugh
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#61 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 2:07 AM
Okay,everything is updated. Works perfectly. Im sorry for all the fuss, love the mod tho. Thanks so much for the help !!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#62 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 1:48 PM
This is awesome!!! tyvm
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#63 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 1:48 PM
This is awesome!!! tyvm
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#64 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 9:56 PM
I can't wait to play my game and try it out. I have a house wife that is tired of being the maid in the house, this will be perfect for her.
Test Subject
#65 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 7:20 AM
Hi! Love the mod! One thing that isn't working for me and i'm not too sure if it's happening to anyone else using the mod. My sim is part of the Retail Employee career and has worked there for roughly a week. She's completed all the requirements (only 1) and comes to work with the ideal emotion (Confident) [Note: No Daily Tasks]... But she just isn't getting promoted. I don't know if it's a bug or probably it only has 1 tier but i just wanted to comment to see if this is as big of an issue as i'm making it :/ Thanks!
Test Subject
#66 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 11:08 AM
Thanks a lot for the mod.
I had trouble making it work aswell, but only because of one stupid silly little thing. -.-
Instead of naming the empty folder "unpackedmod", I named it "unpackedmods" which conflicted with the line in resource.cfg.
Lesson to learn here: DOUBLE CHECK YOUR SPELLING
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#67 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 11:54 AM
Thank you so much.This mode very interesting!!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#68 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 1:21 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 18th Sep 2014 at 3:37 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by eShokk
My sim is part of the Retail Employee career and has worked there for roughly a week. She's completed all the requirements (only 1) and comes to work with the ideal emotion (Confident) [Note: No Daily Tasks]... But she just isn't getting promoted. I don't know if it's a bug or probably it only has 1 tier

My tester sims have been getting promoted sucessfully. It might be that in TS4 there is a little more randomness involved than in TS3, to make it seem less predictable? So perhaps they don't get promoted immediately when they fullfill the criteria, just have a better chance .. ?

Edit: I also looked at all levels of the retail career -- I'm not seeing anything that could be teen specific.
Screenshots

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#69 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 6:16 PM
This is awesome, thanks!
Test Subject
#70 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 7:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
My tester sims have been getting promoted sucessfully. It might be that in TS4 there is a little more randomness involved than in TS3, to make it seem less predictable? So perhaps they don't get promoted immediately when they fullfill the criteria, just have a better chance .. ?

Edit: I also looked at all levels of the retail career -- I'm not seeing anything that could be teen specific.

It must be very random because I have the same problem except I have no mods and my sim has a regular job. Often takes 5-6 sim work days before she gets promoted. Part of the reason I'm taking a break from it since last week.
Instructor
#71 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 10:18 AM
Quick feedback after playing for a few days: My adult Sims seem to have trouble going to work sometimes, or run off to some crazy location in order to go to work instead of just leaving the house and "fading out" as they're supposed to do. I do *not* know if this is due to your mod or some EAxis "feature", as I haven't yet played actual teens with jobs in my game.
Sometimes, my adult Sims would be unable to go to work and run around on sidewalks, etc. without fading out at all unless I manually issued the "go to work" command until they did. Everything else, including promotions, seems to work fine! :-)
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#72 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 12:47 PM
Rockerduck -- since you say they're running around on sideways: do you know that they have to be at their home lot in order to leave for work? Are you in some other part of town at the time, perhaps? (Asking because it doesn't seem to be very obvious in game that they need to go home first .. I havent had that situation myself yet, though, I was at the home lot the entire time while playtesting and the only (self-made) "hiccup" I had with going to work was when they had too much other stuff queued up).

That's the only idea that I have as for the cause .. I don't think it can be due to my mod because all I change for the work push is the availability, nothing else.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 1:23 PM
THANK YOU THIS IS AWESOME
Instructor
#74 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 5:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Rockerduck -- since you say they're running around on sideways: do you know that they have to be at their home lot in order to leave for work? Are you in some other part of town at the time, perhaps? (Asking because it doesn't seem to be very obvious in game that they need to go home first .. I havent had that situation myself yet, though, I was at the home lot the entire time while playtesting and the only (self-made) "hiccup" I had with going to work was when they had too much other stuff queued up).

That's the only idea that I have as for the cause .. I don't think it can be due to my mod because all I change for the work push is the availability, nothing else.

@ plasticbox

Yes, they were on their home lot and just kind of ran all over the place and along the sidewalks until they'd find a spot to fade out (like the random pedestrian fade in/fade out spots), instead of what they're supposed to do. It was rather funny, but also annoying. ;-) I *think* this might be some kind of routing issue tied to the lot I was playing at the time. Or something entirely different. Who knows, really. I kinda figured it's unlikely your mod was the cause of this, but I wanted to mention it just in case.
Field Researcher
#75 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 9:36 AM Last edited by macthekat : 21st Sep 2014 at 10:09 AM.
Ok I got other script mods working.
The jobs are not showing up on the computer or on the phone for me. Do I need to do anything else? They should just be on the list right?

EDIT: Doh! It needed to be unzipped. The modders do that differently so it is it can be hard to figure out if it need to be unzipped or not. BUT now that I have unzipped it it works

For new or updated skins, please visit my website: Pink Rabbit
Page 3 of 13