Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Teen Careers for All Ages

by plasticbox Posted 15th Sep 2014 at 9:38 PM - Updated 6th Feb 2016 at 3:14 AM by plasticbox

312 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 200 Feedback Posts, 111 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 13
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#76 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 11:54 AM
It's nice to have some normal jobs again!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#77 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 4:10 PM
Thanksssss I will try now. Awesome more jobs
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#78 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 4:54 PM
You're awesome! Thank you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#79 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 10:00 PM
Thank you!!!
Test Subject
#80 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 1:17 AM
Default Thankkkkkzzz
THANNNNNNNNNKZ You might die cuz dis
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 1:37 AM
Ok, I must be completely mod illiterate! What do I put in the folder I make?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#82 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 1:44 AM
Nothing. Like it says in the OP .. the game only needs to see that the folder is there.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 1:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Nothing. Like it says in the OP .. the game only needs to see that the folder is there.

Thank you, I think I have to reinstall my game because I did the resource file like it said in wordpad and tried to save it and it changed it to a wordpad document so I had to delete the resource file, is there anyway to get it back?
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#84 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 2:16 AM Last edited by leefish : 29th Sep 2014 at 12:43 AM.
@spiritseer - see the attached file. There are TWO folders. New config is for using with unpacked mod, old config is the original, choose the one you want.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  config.rar (380 Bytes, 144 downloads)

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 2:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leefish
@spiritseer - see the attached file. There are TWO folders. New config is for using with unpacked nod, old config is the original, choose the one you want.

Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#86 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 1:24 PM
Awsome :-D
Scholar
#87 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 12:58 AM
I found something in the code that might undermine this.

There is a function in sim_info "remove_invalid_age_based_careers" that will quietly quit the part-time job when the teen ages up to YA.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#88 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 1:43 AM
Does this need to be updated to work with the current patch?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#89 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 2:20 AM
No, see the compatibility note I just added! The tuning is the same (apart from insignificant stuff like sort order, but that may just as well be due to the export tool having been updated).

Quote: Originally posted by DrChillgood
There is a function in sim_info "remove_invalid_age_based_careers" that will quietly quit the part-time job when the teen ages up to YA.

This is what we already talked about in Create? Yeah I know -- I decided not to do anything about it (see note in OP), because that is a once in a lifetime thing and you also indicated you'd make a separate mod to address that. As I understood it, this isn't an issue with this particular mod but with *all* teen careers, both EA and custom. Please correct me if I'm mistaken! =)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#90 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 1:38 PM
Thank you so much for this!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#91 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 1:09 AM
Thanks!
Test Subject
#92 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 3:04 PM
I've been trying to promote them with cheats but it doesn't work for me. :/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#93 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 7:19 PM
Thank you. I'm 31 and i work at a gas station. I'd like a little bit of reality in my life simulator game. Thank you for bringing it!
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 6:00 AM Last edited by Daleylife : 8th Oct 2014 at 9:48 AM.
I just played the game for the first time with the newest update. I have one male young adult who has a teen career. He didn't go to work autonomously, and got a call from his boss. I went into the work panel and hit "go to work", but the action never queued.

EDIT: This may have been due to my error of removing my mods for a test and forgetting to put them back in. I will let you know.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#95 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 1:21 PM
This mod does not change anything about promotions. Also, see above -- mine (and others') are being promoted just fine.

Daleylife, yes if you remove this the Go-To-Work thing will be unavailable for anything but teens.

Test Subject
#96 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 12:10 AM
Love this mod! I like having more options for job types.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#97 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 1:50 AM
Thanks!
Field Researcher
#98 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 2:44 PM
So if we are totally patched up to date, we no longer need the unpackedmod folder? but we do need the new cfg file?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#99 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 9:51 AM
This mod is great! I love having some of my sims work with the teens and act as supervisors. Makes it easier for young teen girls to meet older men and young teen guys to meet older women as well. Thanks for making this.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#100 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 5:44 AM
This is a absolute must download, in order to have some reality in your game. The careers provided by Maxis/EA or cute, but not realistic!
Page 4 of 13