Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Buyable Servo v2.0 **UPDATED**

by monique Posted 6th Mar 2006 at 5:15 AM - Updated 17th Mar 2006 at 7:44 PM by monique

82 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 80 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
#26 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 6:27 PM
I downloaded this and I can't find it anywhere in my buy mode. Can you help. I tried to put it in two different folders and I still can't find it.
Test Subject
#27 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 9:04 PM
I downloaded and am using it in my game (ofb), I didn't receive any of the strips that were mentioned above. Mine seems to be working really well. Thank you for making servo buyable and your time in doing so.
Test Subject
#28 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 2:34 PM
But it doesent work on community lots! I want to replace servos with my employers
Test Subject
#29 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 6:41 PM
this is not buyable downtown
Test Subject
#30 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 8:40 PM
Why Do Servo's Children Come Out Like Humans And Not Like Robots?please Write Me Back And Let Me Know
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 9:03 PM
Love this, it saves time from making them - although it's still fun to finally see you're sim finish making one of these, now we can just buy them. As far as the coloured strip that appears when Servo is in the down position, I've had that happen every time with my game too, more then likely, it's a graphical glitch in the game - Maxis will fix it sooner or later - they always do. Great job making this!!
Test Subject
#32 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 9:41 PM Last edited by jlp09550 : 10th Mar 2006 at 11:39 PM.
Hum?
Quote: Originally posted by MaegotH
As far as the coloured strip that appears when Servo is in the down position, I've had that happen every time with my game too, more then likely, it's a graphical glitch in the game - Maxis will fix it sooner or later - they always do. Great job making this!!

Does this work for the Maxis Servo? Not the hacked one.

Previous message from me:

Quote:
Doesn't work. First of all, it does work to turn it on, but there are graphical issues when having the servo in the game (purchased) and when viewing in the inventory. A light yellow, transparent line appears in the middle of the game and everything in it's way is not shown.

I know it is the servo, because the line doesn't appear when it is not in the home or not being shown in the purchase items menu.

I have all the Sims 2 expansions installed (Original, University, Nightlife, and Open for Business) and I have a Windows XP Home Edition.
Test Subject
#33 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 2:14 PM
Default Woo
Cheers!
I've been waiting for this cos i'm to lazy to get my sims to make one! yay

Yay! Servo

<The CoSmIc AnAcOnDa LoVeS YoU AlL>
#34 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 2:43 PM
Love it!! Thank you!!
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 2:18 PM
thanks! but how can you craft him? i can only craft toy robots >.> :mad:
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 7:12 PM
rednotdead, that sounds bad. do you have open for business? everyone who says they won't need open for business, i'm not gonna say anything negative, you DO need open for business. you need the coding for servo. like servo needs, servo recharge effects, servo wants, etc.

monique, i thought servo should be in miscellaneous not in all. so, i updated your file, and put servo in the miscellaneous section.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  monique_servo_in_miscellaneous.zip (21.4 KB, 49 downloads)
#37 Old 14th Mar 2006 at 11:40 AM
I am not certain if this is a bug in the buyable Servo, or in Servo in general (or something else entirely?). After placing a buyable Servo on the lot, it went to get the mail, and the mailbox stopped working. He took the mail from the box, but it disappeared in his hand. Although the flag on the box was down, the mailbox continued to be clickable, but no mail could be gotten from it, and eventually I got Repo Man warnings. Aside from this, I LOVE my Servo!
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 14th Mar 2006 at 8:41 PM
i don't think its a buyable servo bug... but other than that it sounds bad...
Test Subject
#39 Old 16th Mar 2006 at 12:33 AM
I've tested it, works fine in my game, even shows up in the wholesale catalog. One minor gitch though, if you place it for sale from the catalog and someone buys it and you try to restock, it says that there are no more crafted items in the owners inventory. Anyone else had this happen?
Scholar
#40 Old 16th Mar 2006 at 7:43 AM
seems to be a graphic card issue, probably drivers, possibly makes of cards, which is causing the glitch on servos. i don't get the problem myself with my lowly radeon card

thanks Monique...your effort has saved my sims sanity with their triplets
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CoolCurt
I've tested it, works fine in my game, even shows up in the wholesale catalog. One minor gitch though, if you place it for sale from the catalog and someone buys it and you try to restock, it says that there are no more crafted items in the owners inventory. Anyone else had this happen?

servos a craft item. you need to have them in your inventory in order to restock em. :P
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#42 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 5:20 PM
Correct...buy and place them in your sim inventory. Or maybe I should update this one and add another option to un-initialize servo...let's say "Buy 10 more ($60,000)" and that 10 un-initialize servos will go directly to your sim inventory, how's that?

Pls. see my journal for my hacks compatibility. Thanks.
Instructor
#43 Old 18th Mar 2006 at 10:27 AM
Hi Monique. Got interested on your new feature un-initialize servo. I was wondering how to get rid of a servo I initialized. I used one of your buyable servo in a test. Afterwards I didn't want to have the servo any longer and didn't have any other option once they seem to become a regular Sim after initialized.
Question: After un-initializing it, is it possible to sell it and get the money for?
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 18th Mar 2006 at 11:23 AM
Can this buyable servo be customized?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#45 Old 18th Mar 2006 at 12:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xptl297
Hi Monique. Got interested on your new feature un-initialize servo. I was wondering how to get rid of a servo I initialized. I used one of your buyable servo in a test. Afterwards I didn't want to have the servo any longer and didn't have any other option once they seem to become a regular Sim after initialized.
Question: After un-initializing it, is it possible to sell it and get the money for?

I like that idea too, uninitialize servo but it's hard to do it. But it's easy to feed them to a cowplant (not yet tried it, I still love my android servo).

Quote: Originally posted by Infernal_insanity
Can this buyable servo be customized?

If you're talking about initialize to a male/female then give name ...Yes.

Pls. see my journal for my hacks compatibility. Thanks.
#46 Old 18th Mar 2006 at 3:11 PM
Thank you It was. A game is enjoyed.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 19th Mar 2006 at 6:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by monique
If you're talking about initialize to a male/female then give name ...Yes.

Ohh, okay. I didn't know it worked like that with Servos I've only tried the flower & toy stations, and I know with them you had to customize & give them a name before you made them. Thanks :D

P.S. Is it possible to make the servo cheaper than $6000? If not, it's fine. My poor sims will enjoy a nice loan of "kaching"
Test Subject
#48 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 5:23 PM
YAY!!! Servos take so long to build and this has made it much easier!

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 7:14 AM
i get the white strip also IT IS NOT caused by the hacked servo it did it with a fresh install also i believe it is a grapic card deal for only some people i turned everything down on lowest setting and still got it but after yo intilaize one it goes away it doesn't affect gameplay just makes it hard to see things and hard to know where to click so here are the choices ignore the strip and just go about your business,or activate and make it go away,or figure out how to make it stay gone with a sellable one,lol if you do the last one let me know what you did so i can do that,also it disappears when they are sold also.i just ignore it and go on and i don't leave a sellable one on lot for long it either sells or i get tired of the strip and sell it or put it back in inventory

i am reliefed to know it isn't just me i thought i had toasted my game the 1st time it happened.you are not alone with that glitch.use this hack and enjoy it will not hurt your game.

monique buy 10 more for 60,000?lol why not a bigger discount like say 35%. i will download any updates you add to any of your hacks anyway,love this one and the buyable snapdragons,and the computer hack,your computer is the 1st item my sim buys in a new house and have to use it soon to be able to eat lol
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 6:18 PM
a couple of days ago when i was playing sims 2 i was using the boolprop cheat, ''spawn'' to get the reaction tester. but i saw ''new servo!''

for people who don't know how to do it, heres a guide:

push ctrl+alt+C. type in ''boolprop testingcheatsenabled true''. hold shift, click on a sim. select ''spawn''. there will be tons of things with or without open for business, like death creator, talent badge thing, etc. select ''new servo''. if its not there, click ''more'' then ''new servo''.

open for business required to get servo and the talent badge thing!
Page 2 of 4