Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Oct 2021 at 10:31 PM Last edited by wowrosanna : 2nd Nov 2021 at 10:23 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Broke lot is pink...SOLVED
The Broke's lot is pink in the neighborhood screen and Brandi and Dustin have pink heads. I have the patch and it is working (I checked), I have updated my video drivers, I've followed everything Jessa said to do, I've followed everything on Marasims to stop the pink and nothing has worked. I am at a loss as to what to do next.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Oct 2021 at 10:56 PM
Did you use the GraphicRulesMaker to set up your game's graphics? If so, did you make sure to use the updated one (April-20) from here https://www.simsnetwork.com/tools/graphics-rules-maker?

The "everything is pink shortly after loading the game" issue usually comes from a bug in the 1.0 version of the GRM, or from GraphicRules files made with it, that removed a line necessary for especially newer cards. The issue was fixed in the 2.0 version with a tick box that adds the line back again.

If you have the newest version already, make sure to tick the "Disable texture memory estimate adjustment" box to fix the bug.

I think Jessa's tutorial is older than the fixed GRM, so this is most likely not mentioned in her tutorial. I had the exact same issues with lot-wide (and neighborhood-wide) pink-flashing that appeared shortly after startup, and fixing that line (I did it manually, though) is what finally got rid of the extreme pink-flashing for my part.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 7:16 AM Last edited by wowrosanna : 28th Oct 2021 at 9:29 AM.
I have the new version but it can't find my installation so I edited it manually.

"If you have the newest version already, make sure to tick the "Disable texture memory estimate adjustment" box to fix the bug."

Can this be done manually?

Edited to add I was able to get the GRM to work and I did this. I am loading the game now to see if it fixed my pink issue.