Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gwrych March Set Four: 6 COMMUNITY Lots

by StephSim Posted 7th Sep 2010 at 2:17 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2010 at 1:17 AM by StephSim : Testing Editability

37 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 8:18 AM
Oh Steph! I'm so excited by all your wonderful pictures. The lots look great and so incredibly detailed. You have truly embraced the medieval era with your works and brought together all the amazing custom content perfectly. I dare the new medieval game to come close, but after what I've been reading it won't be nearly as fun as what this community has created with Sims2 since there won't be 'free play'. Thanks so much for contributing to a unique world. I definitely will be using and appreciating these lots!

Visit these sites for more Medieval downloads: Sunni Designs, Plumb Bob Keep, and The Medieval Smithy.
Scholar
#3 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 2:56 PM
amazing! more and more for my medieval neighborhood!

The end of magical Pegasaus's era through the world of sims
Scholar
#4 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 5:33 PM
Amazing set! Looks great, so much love to detail. You're really talented.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 6:01 PM
you did awesome work on all your victoria sets..its a shame i cant use any of them "pouts" i dont have anywhere near the required packs only stuff pack i have is CS..thanks anyway tho

Georgia "..I Couldnt Stop Her..That Was My Sin..And This In MY Punishment"
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 4:38 AM
Amazing, I've been waiting on tenterhooks ever since you mentioned in a small kingdom that they would become furnished lots. I was not disappointed! Thank you so much!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 6:06 AM
sunni
I appreciate your kind words. Yeah...Look out Maxis/EA "Sims Medieval" Stand Alone! Although, I would like to have the Medieval Game for "role playing and going on quests" for my Laptop! As I only use Sims 2 on my PC, when I'm lounging about or having lazy days in bed...Sims Medieval may prove to be fun. We shall see next birthday!

pegasus
Have fun with the lots!

candlelight
"Talented"...Who me? I'll own that! Thanks again.

Loven Tidus
Sorry about that. But this set was created for those who are playing the TOTAL MAXIS/EA and user objects experience. This has been a vision of mine for a long while and now I'm getting it done. Nonetheless, thanks for the compliment!

NikonSnow
Glad to be of service! Yeah. I find it far more difficult to redecorate a previously decorated lot than to simply build a new one! Then prepping from uploading is enough to make one's head spin...but there is great satisfaction once the uploading is done. People who knock CC really don't get that it must be a labour of love to actually build, design and upload using CC. It's a ton of work...but for this project...it's a necessity! Do enjoy the "decorated" lots!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Wiki Wizard
#8 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 5:55 PM
Right i'm leaving a comment on this one because i have just been through all the 4 sets of lots you just uploaded, and i have spent sufficient time gorking at your absoloutely stunning work and i need to tell you how awesome you are !

Every time you create something it always amazes me how much effort and time you spend on every single lot, you are just so dedicated to building to perfect, and it's truly inspiring! I have really looked closely at all of these 4 sets and they're just perfect, you are so gifted at building, and i think you've really found your style with this project, because this is some of my favourite work of yours. You are so very clever with all the tools in game, and it's clear you have a great imagination to bring these lots to life!

I hope you never stop creating because it would be such a loss for the community! Have you used Sims 3 yet, and building with it, because i would be really interested (as i am sure many others would be) in what you manage to come up with, if it's even a fraction as amazing as your sims 2 work, it will be fantastic!

I hope all is well, and thank you for all your hard work and passion,
DD :lovestruc

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 6:39 PM
Thanks DD. I appreciate your kind words.

About Los Sims 3...I have too much invested in Sims 2 right now. I want my $ worth! Basically, I want to create ideal communities and play in them for a while. Maybe by then, Sims 3 will be at it's end and I will get everything at once! In the now, I just don't have any interest in The Sims 3. There is still much playing to be done in the Sims 2 for me!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Field Researcher
#10 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 11:21 PM
I, personally, am GLAD TO HEAR IT!!!! I don't want to lose you to TS3!

The imagination and creativity you bring to us "TS2ers" ( ) is, without a doubt, the BEST AROUND!!!!

Once again, Steph, you astound me with your awesome creations!!!
Thank you so very, very much!!!

<3 G-Knee

P.S. I found my SBB/BB recolors. I just need to take the time/effort to get some pics so I can post them!

:lovestruc

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
My mission: To fill the gaps!
Join me on my new Discord channel!
Snag my creations from my LiveJournal!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 6:51 AM
Thanks for the compliments jbeach.

Ooo...Uploading Body Builder outfits. I look forward to that.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 3:21 AM
I LOVE this! I haven't played the Sims in awhile, but when I saw this I had to have it and now I can't wait to start playing again. EA should be paying you, I mean I just know their version of Sims Medieval is going to be TOTALLY lame. Keep up the good work. XD
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 4:58 PM Last edited by StephSim : 15th Sep 2010 at 5:05 PM. Reason: Revising Incomplete Thought :)
Thanks MyOtherHorseIsAUnicorn!

Yeah, this project is breathing new life into The Sims 2 for many. I think if we had several "complete" Sim worlds to exist in, the game will continuously have new life! Not to say that people haven't been creating for themes...but it's been moreso done with a lot here, clothing there, etc. (Outside of The Dark Project and a MidSimmer Night's Dream.

I guess that is why I am excited about this theme, because there are others like me who are "obsessively" working (like Almighty Hat and sunni9676, etc.) to make it a complete "Medieval" experience. I want to build several worlds in this way (Victorian, Sci-Fi, Star Trek, Fantasy, Kid Fantasy, Modern, Italian Renaissance, etc.). That way, when I get totally spent playing in the medieval neighborhood, I can just switch to Sci-fi or Fantasy or Modern. So many ideas...but I shall complete Medieval Gwrych first and then move to modern Simtopia!

Thanks again and enjoy the downloads.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Instructor
#14 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 5:13 PM
<< Omg if you do Sci-fi and Star Trek you just might have a stalker in me XD. Anyway, I love what you have done. I get you completely I really do. I have much more fun when I can create a full submersive experience into a sim world created with every cc, hack and mod all working together in it. I really look forward to your downloads in the future.

I also agree with many of you about Sims 3. I can't get into it yet because I am still having so much fun with Sims 2. Oh and I will definately check out your Simtopia neighborhood. << I can't resist a place named after my name sake n_n. Thanks again StepSim for continuing your creative inspiration in the sims community.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 7:41 PM
Thanks simtopia!

Yeah...I have many Sci-fi and Star Trek visions in my head!

My obsession with complete hoods began with the whole Harry Potter experience and now I find myself in that mindset all the time. You see when The Sims 1 began to die, things were left undone and people moved on. I'm all for moving on to the Sims 3 but The Sims 2 still has so much to offer. With Maxis not cranking out more Sims 2 stuff, it makes it easier to take what is and make it better without having to upgrade it. To me this is the times for Sims 2 creators to make all those things they wanted to create and a few things that no one has thought of yet. I know the world is so disposable now, but it is also a world where you can actually play Sims 1, Sims 2 and Sims 3 without having to sacrifice one for the other.

About Simtopia...I gigged when I saw your name because it reminded me what is waiting for me when Gwrych is complete! I stopped working on Simtopia to complete Gwrych because I realized that I wanted closure with Gwrych and after deciding to turn 3 lots into a massive Kingdom, I knew that Gwrych would be a much more involved task as it would require much Custom Content and a lot of alternative uses for objects. So...returning to Simtopia will be a great change of pace starting next year!

I'm rambling. Do enjoy your perusal of the few Simtopia lots I've completed already. I started with the community lots because they are most lacking, but I will end with residential lots eventually. Again thanks for your kind words.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 4:28 AM
very nice job
Instructor
THANKS POST
#17 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 10:59 PM
These are so amazing, I'm just blown away! Just what I need, because I have a medieval hood but I'm just not good at designing community lots - I just chuck in the necessary stuff but it never looks very good. These are so beautiful and they are realistic, too. I'm so looking forward to having them in the game! thanks so much!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 9:00 PM
reaper
Thank you.

alchemist
You are most welcomed! Unfortunately, I really wish that all current lot builders would stop building houses for a while and start building community lots so there will be a larger variety for all Sim themes (base game, modern, medieval, victorian, sci-fi, etc.). Nonetheless... Have fun exploring the lots.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 2:56 AM
After seeing Harry Potter 7 I was once again inspired to have a Potter neighborhood and these lots (the entire set) are just fantastic for it! Thank you so much. I have used several of your lots and they all work so problem free. I am very grateful that you still create for sims 2 for I will always be a fan!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 7:46 AM
Thanks Augiedoggy!

I really appreciate your feedback (not to mention the compliments)! :lovestruc

I'm glad to see people continuing on with Sims 2!

As for Harry Potter...planning to see DH1 this week...Last week the snow prevented it. And let's not get into it about my HP lots. Most of them I like, but my design style has changed a bit over the years and I'm much more knowledgable about building now. I really want to revamp the set (especially Hogwarts). When I created the lots, certain EPs were not out yet and it can really change the landscape of the HP collection. But...for now, I'm glad things are still enjoyable for other Simmers. Do enjoy the Gwrych / Harry Potter combo! I wonder if the "A Small MODERN Kingdom" lots would be helpful as well. With a bit of medieval decor intermixed with the modern, I think it would also be great for a Harry Potter neighborhood as well.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#21 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 6:15 PM
You work so hard Great job
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 7:34 PM
Thanks Jeff! I hope you found something you can use!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 4:59 AM
Awesome work. I hope you enjoyed creating it as much a I know I am going to enjoy playing it in my neighborhood.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 5:23 PM
You are welcomed Nonni...Consider it a retirement gift...which hopefully means in between your gardening and other RL pasttimes, you can squeeze quite a bit of Simming and Medieval fun into your day guilt free! Do enjoy the lots!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 5:54 AM
Default thank you!
All praise are really deserv!
I look forward to include these lots in my game!
Thank you for this wonderful work, for much care and dedication on your part!
:lovestruc

Hugs to everyone, always!
Page 1 of 2