Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 4:23 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 4th Jul 2020 at 5:29 PM. Reason: Solved it! Game Language Mixup

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Career Defaults Stopped Working
So I've been working on a set of career defaults for a while now and then back burnered them when I got them about where I wanted them. They worked fine, now they don't.

Lately, I've been playing and making Bluewater into a downtown for myself and doing a lot of downloading lots. Before that I was doing a lot of stuff with YA and my university. I did download something to enable YA to have jobs, but it (and the rest of my downloads) are sitting on my desktop while I figure out this problem. Somewhere in all this, my adult careers stopped working. They are still in my Downloads folder, and the Teen/Elder ones still work fine. I'm at a loss as to why they don't overwrite anymore.

I deleted groups.cache and accessories.cache and nothing. I tried tracking down that VirtualStore stuff and it looks like I've previously disabled that (had a run in with it years ago and learned my lesson). I've tried putting my files in other places, like Overrides and Bins, and nothing. When I start up the game, it says my Custom Content is Enabled, and if I scroll through the list I do see my mod package names. I've tested in multiple households, the Adult career overrides just don't show up, but the Teen/Elder ones do. I'm so confused.

Attached is a screenshot of the only other bits of CC I'm running in my Downloads right now (plus the rest of the Adult careers and the Teen/Elder careers), and also I attached one of my replacement careers, in case something is actually wrong with my package (which I highly doubt, cuz it used to work just fine). "Gamer" should be replaced by "Game Development" and "Noob" should be something else like "Lvl 1 Beta Tester".

Any ideas? Are there other sneaky places like VirtualStore now? I'm on Windows 10, attached is a picture of my system specs.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Phaenoh_GamerAdult-GameDev.rar (294.2 KB, 5 downloads)
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 11:22 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 3rd Jul 2020 at 11:35 PM.
What career does it default? Gamer? I can see if it works for me.
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#3 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 12:41 PM
Does your game use US English? because the Job Descriptions have only been altered for US English, all other languages including real English still use the default Job Descriptions.
The Outfit GUID changes will only effect level 8 or above, the Daily Wages are changed for all levels so I'd suggest you note your sim's daily wages then see if that changes without the mod.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Does your game use US English? because the Job Descriptions have only been altered for US English, all other languages including real English still use the default Job Descriptions.

OMG, you are a genius! That's what it was. I needed to do a full reinstall a few months back and must have mis-clicked my language selection. THANK YOU!!