Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 9:41 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Invisible Sim throwing errors on "Set Skin" function
Ultimate Collection on Windows 10.

Some time back I was extracting the appearances of some Sims in a custom 'hood I've made, and I extracted the appearance of one but forgot to duplicate her in Body Shop before I next started up the game. (I didn't create a Sim with the template - just played the 'hood as normal.) As soon as I noticed I had a file with character data in my SavedSims folder, I duplicated the Sim in Body Shop and deleted the copy that had character data attached to it, but her portrait from that point on had a red background in SimPE so I think the damage was already done.

I don't play this Sim's household that much, but today I was playing this 'hood on a community lot and noticed Sims were resetting, so I enabled testingcheats and this Sim is the one that was causing errors (Hit Break Point Primitive). I couldn't see her on the lot, so I tried Reset, but that didn't fix it, so I deleted her, sent my Sim home and opened her household. She's selectable but totally invisible, and threw constant errors as soon as I unpaused. Force Error deleting her doesn't solve anything (and just makes her appear invisible in the family portrait), and none of the Batbox options fix anything, so I checked the error logs and the first thing that's coming up is "Function - Main - Set Skin".

I'm assuming I somehow shredded some of her data by accidentally leaving the extracted file with her character data in my SavedSims folder. Is there something I can do to fix whatever's happening, or would I be better off recreating the 'hood? Or even just using a controller to ban her from all lots, as an easy way out before the 'hood explodes down the line?
Attached files:
File Type: txt  ObjectError_N008_t13038.txt (73.2 KB, 18 downloads)
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 6:03 AM
Bumping this because I decided to open the Sim's character file in SimPE and discovered the Age Data in her character file is missing. Everything else seems intact when I cross-check her file with another teen Sim's, it's just the Age Data that's gone.

I'm guessing it's probably not a good idea to attempt to copy another Sim's Age Data file to her file and tweak it. How bad is a missing Age Data file, in terms of how soon it's likely to cause problems? I'm trying to figure out whether to just ban her from lots and play as long as the 'hood will let me, or if I'm better off remaking the 'hood.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 1st Jan 2021 at 1:25 PM
Sorry to bump this, but I had the same problem and this post actually helped me figure out a solution so I thought I'd share.

I went to the newest back up of the neighbourhood that I had that I KNEW she wasn't corrupted in, and rather than rolling back the whole hood and losing all my progress, I just copied her character file from the back up to the newer version of the hood.

Of course this doesn't help if you don't have back ups, but if you do its a solution.