Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 6:30 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Isn't this super hug bug waiting to happen?
Please confirm my understanding or set me straight. Isn't this the cause of Super Hug Bug? Pic is from this featured upload. https://modthesims.info/d/444524/qu...on-and-set.html

Chris says here: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=5153534
"If someone has a mod that uses the super hug's GUID (0x6DB7E00F) as a fallback GUID then any lot they share will cause it to exist even though they never, ever had the bug themselves. They have no way of knowing they may cause it, it's not really their fault."
Screenshots
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 6:45 PM
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 6:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Let's not forget that the SHB is an annoyance, and not a game destroyer. And the bug isn't from using the mod, but removing it, yes?

I didn't forget that, but why not fix it, then? It's a simple fix, yes? Just zero out the fallback.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#4 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 6:51 PM
And you have posted feedback in the thread so the creator can address this if they choose. For downloaders, they can either download and fix or not use the mod.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 11:31 PM
This is why BO's No Sim Loaded is on the essential mod list since the super hug can come from a mod or from a lot. Best to assume every lot uploaded has the SDH, use BO's mod and forget about it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#6 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 7:10 PM
Locked thread