Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 2:51 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default The SIMS 2 UC - CRash?
Good morning.
Please help me, I'm going crazy and I can't understand what the problem is.
A week ago I uninstalled THE SIMS 2 because I had to delete some houses that were giving me too much trouble. Once I installed it again the game started giving me problems.
Before I used to play without problems, the game was normal, it never stopped and I had about 40 thousand downloaded files. Now that I put the folder with half the files the game always crashes and loads very slowly.

1 - I fixed the graphics problem as usual
2 - I installed the PATCH 4GB

I've done the same things as always, nothing different and yet something seems to have changed.

I also fixed the game, uninstalled it again via ORIGIN, deleted the EA GAMES folder, but nothing.

http://prntscr.com/tc72x8
http://prntscr.com/tc736i
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 11:06 PM
1) You uninstalled because houses were giving issues? Can you elaborate as I'm not sure that I understand what you mean?
The only reason to reinstall would be corrupted installation files on disk that can't be fixed, but on the UC you can go into Origin and fix them.

2) Uninstalling and reinstalling can cause issues with registry files which is another reason a reinstall should always be at the very end of your list when troubleshooting. So this is possible, leftover registration keys.

3) Is there supposed to be a picture there?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jul 2020 at 12:29 PM
1 - I had installed some houses, but these had some problems because many objects didn't have mesh so they were flashing blue as well as being slow to load. Not knowing how to delete them, I uninstalled the game.

2 - I didn't know that uninstalling the game would cause problems. How can I see if the game is damaged? I also clicked "repair game" (via Origin) but the problem persists.

3 - Sorry, I didn't quite understand this question. You mean the pictures I posted? I wanted to show you that when I upload, I always get "No answer" in brackets and it hangs.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th Jul 2020 at 1:00 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 6th Jul 2020 at 3:39 PM.
1 - Flashing blue items are a CC (custom content) issue, and the problem is in your Downloads folder. How to fix in a quick and easy way? Remove these items from your Downloads folder.
Personally when I install houses I always put all the files that come with the house (all the random package files) into its own folder, so I can sort them out and find problem files once I've playtested the house. That way these files don't mix with the rest of my CC, and if I want to remove the entire house, I can pull that folder out (and remove the house template, but that takes some more explaining).
The reason the items are flashing blue is that they pull textures from an object they can't find, so another way to fix them is to make sure you have that object in your Downloads folder.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Jul 2020 at 1:12 PM
Thank you!
Next time I'll do this.
Now I'm hoping to somehow solve the problem of the game charging slowly and crashes.
Alchemist
#6 Old 6th Jul 2020 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by letiziaa
2 - I didn't know that uninstalling the game would cause problems. How can I see if the game is damaged? I also clicked "repair game" (via Origin) but the problem persists.

3 - Sorry, I didn't quite understand this question. You mean the pictures I posted? I wanted to show you that when I upload, I always get "No answer" in brackets and it hangs.

I can see your pictures, it requires clicking the link, that's all.
In English those brackets say "Not responding" when the game stops loading. Sometimes it will do that for a while and recover. Or it will crash.

In the old days, uninstalling required carefully checking several places in your computer to be sure no files were left behind. I don't know whether that still applies with the UC? If so, the only way I know to make sure would be to uninstall again, checking all those possible leftovers, and then try installing again. Maybe someone else knows a better method.
Here are the instructions for the old uninstall method: https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti..._Help:Uninstall

But I would hold off a little longer, in case someone has a better suggestion for you. Re-installing is a pain, as I'm sure you know!

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 6th Jul 2020 at 11:26 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 7th Jul 2020 at 4:44 AM.
1 - I had installed some houses, but these had some problems because many objects didn't have mesh so they were flashing blue as well as being slow to load. Not knowing how to delete them, I uninstalled the game.

1) You can go and find the mesh or just delete the flashing blue content. Or if you don't want the lot delete the lot.
To find the mesh go back to where you downloaded the lot and read over what is said. if it gives a link to a master set be sure to download and install it.

To delete the blue item in game use the dropper tool on the blue item, go to the place in the catalogue and delete it with the delete button on your keyboard. (so long as this isn't a Maxis item)

To delete the lot find it in the lot bin and delete it using the rubbish bin icon at the end of the lot bin.

2) Uninstalling can sometimes leave behind files so that when you reinstall this causes some kind of issue because you are trying to install a file that your computer thinks is there already. This is a computer issue not a game issue and may need someone to go through the registry keys or use a cleaner to be sure all files are gone. I would make a back up of your entire game to a stick before letting this happen.

3) To upload pictures scroll down and click upload then drag and drop a picture into the box. Check that it is not a BMP file but either a png or jpg. It's possible even a png can be slightly too large in which case make it smaller and try again. I did notice the site was being slow some hours ago so it could be it simply wasn't going fast enough to uplaod your picture.

@aelflaed the pictures did not show for me when I clicked the link since that was the first thing I tried.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#8 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@aelflaed the pictures did not show for me when I clicked the link since that was the first thing I tried.

Weird, They took a moment to load, but were fine otherwise. Maybe a different browser or something? In any case, they just show that the game is partially loaded and not responding.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 4:44 AM
It loads now after a bit but I think the site was going slow-either that or my internet was.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 1:43 PM
Thank you all.
Before proceeding with the uninstallation (reading the suggested guide) I am waiting for further answers on what other reasons might be or if you have any other advice to tell me
Alchemist
#11 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 11:21 PM
I don't have any further suggestions at this time. Good luck!

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 11:31 PM
Are you trying to load without CC? Do that and in Window mode.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 12:40 PM
All right, then.
The cc-free game works very fast.
If I put the folder with all the cc's in it, it freezes right away or I have to wait a lot of hours.
What could it be?
The files are the same as I've always had.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 12:53 AM
Its something in your Download folder, so unfortunately its time to do the 50/50 dance. Old files can randomly corrupt, especially if you had a crash. I had a crash on an elder male birthday and two items of male elder wear corrupted. It doesn't have to be new content. Although if you have new content always check that out first.

Make a full back up.
Put one half of the Download folder on your desktop the other half in your game. Does it crash, yes, no? If no rename that to 'good half' or whatever you like to keep track. Try the other half, does that crash, yes, no? Hopefully, you will find out right away that one side crashes and the other side does not. Then you have narrowed your issue to this new smaller download folder, which you halve and test. You do this until you find the file/s causing the crash.

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#15 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 9:46 AM
All right, then.
The cc-free game works very fast.
If I put the folder with all the cc's in it, it freezes right away or I have to wait a lot of hours.
What could it be?
The files are the same as I've always had.

Oh! I thought we were already past the try-without-CC stage.
If the game works like that, then you certainly shouldn't have to reinstall. Follow the 50/50 method as Jo suggests, and you can just remove/replace the corrupted item. SOOO much better than reinstalling. Glad you hung in there, Jo!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 12:48 PM
Maybe I’ll say some nonsense but I wanted to ask if the problem can also be folders with long files or folders with files inside with empty text files or files with the chrome symbol.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 2:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
Oh! I thought we were already past the try-without-CC stage.
If the game works like that, then you certainly shouldn't have to reinstall. Follow the 50/50 method as Jo suggests, and you can just remove/replace the corrupted item. SOOO much better than reinstalling. Glad you hung in there, Jo!

I assumed so too until post 13#

Maybe I’ll say some nonsense but I wanted to ask if the problem can also be folders with long files or folders with files inside with empty text files or files with the chrome symbol.

Folders with long files can stop being read by the game as well as make loading time longer. Other items will also lengthen loading times. They won't crash your game. I personally need photos and certain text files, other people value loading time more.

This is far more likely to be a piece of CC.

~Call me Jo~