Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 2:18 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Sims3Pack content COMPLETELY GONE FROM GAME!!!
This means worlds, custom clothes, gigabytes upon gigabytes of world objects COMPLETELY GONE!!!! It's making me panic because I downloaded a TON of sims 3 content behind adfly links and I'm NOT going through that again, I have all the 0x(numbers string) package files and am cleaning up the corrupted ones atm, if needed I'll give them, but I'm really upset considering that means I've wasted a good 6 hours of my life last night downloading S3P files. I don't have any of said files in the launcher or anywhere otherwise on my computer. It's really upsetting to me. VERY upsetting.
Funnily enough, ALL store content is still there, as well as custom sims barring most CC that they use.
I basically temporarily removed the TS3 main-folder cache files(NOT the DCC cache or things like it!!!) and temporarily removed TS3 0x files, then moved them back, but everything is still gone.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 2:58 AM
Can you confirm that you actually have some dbc files in DCCache and that they are numbered sequentially starting from dcdb0.dbc (then dcdb1.dbc, dcdb2.dbc, etc. with no numbers missing in between)? The dbc files would be your custom sims3pack content once installed, the ebc files would be your store content, so it's the former that we are looking for here.

You might also try deleting the two index files from DCCache, namely dcc.ent and missingdeps.idx. Replacements will respawn when they are needed.

It should be noted that technically you can't move cache files, meaning the six that appear on the top level of the TS3 user game folder, back in after having removed them and launched the game. These six files are meant to be expendable and all kinds of breakage can occur if this is done. They should just be deleted.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 3:10 AM
dcc.ent
dcdb0.dbc
dcdb0.ebc
dcdb0.ebc.tmp
dcdb1.ebc
dcdb1.ebc.tmp
dcdb2.dbc.tmp
etc, etc, up tp dcdb9.dbc.tmp and dcdbt.ebc
then it goes to missingdeps.idx
Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 3:15 AM
The .tmp files can probably be deleted, the game used to do that on it's own but one of the later patches broke the cleanup mechanism on certain kinds of installs. But perhaps hold off on this until you get things fixed. The actual custom content that is supposed to load at launch would be that which is in
dcdb0.dbc
dcdb1.dbc
dcdb2.dbc
dcdb9.dbc if that's how far the series goes.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 3:16 AM
so I deleted the caches and the missingdeps and dcc, so most of my cc, as far as I can tell, is there!! Thank you!!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 3:18 AM Last edited by igazor : 7th Jul 2020 at 6:17 AM.
Awesome!

For the future, you may wish to hold onto sims3packs after you are done installing them. They don't need to be in Downloads cluttering up the Launcher by then, but many of us feel better having saved copies of them elsewhere in case we really do need to rebuild our installed content from the beginning at some point.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 5:38 AM
Thank you so much!!!