Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jan 2021 at 6:20 PM Last edited by atomtanned : 6th Jan 2021 at 10:34 PM. Reason: mark as solved
Default Making awnings shiftable - worked on one, but not on others :(
Hi everyone, I am trying to make these awnings by Early Pleasantview shiftable so they can be used above doors.

I followed this tutorial by HugeLunatic, and it worked perfectly for the UV Catcher Awning, but the Balsa Awning and No Shade Awning just shift down one click and won't go any further. Looking in SimPE it looks like all the settings in the Function: Init resources look exactly the same, so I'm not sure why the other two are "stuck".

I've added my edited meshes below - would really appreciate if someone could take a look!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Edited Awning Meshes.rar (629.4 KB, 3 downloads)
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 6th Jan 2021 at 7:16 PM
Shiftability is constrained by the size of the mesh, which includes shadow meshes.  Looking at the No Shade package shows a group called southwallshadow, try deleting it.  The Balsa Awning package is a recolor, but again, look at the mesh groups. You can either adjust the size of the shadow mesh or delete them.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jan 2021 at 7:34 PM Last edited by atomtanned : 6th Jan 2021 at 10:02 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Shiftability is constrained by the size of the mesh, which includes shadow meshes.  Looking at the No Shade package shows a group called southwallshadow, try deleting it.  The Balsa Awning package is a recolor, but again, look at the mesh groups. You can either adjust the size of the shadow mesh or delete them.

Perfect, will give that a try! Thank you, and thanks for the easy tutorial on this too! My first attempt at editing BHAVs and I was so excited when the first awning worked perfectly.

EDIT: Thank you so much, that worked! Had no idea shadows would affect shiftability like that. Thank you so much for your help!