Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#126 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 6:58 AM
I'm uninstalling TS3 and putting a TS2 legacy on the net. I already have my founder all planned out

Call me Meg

lately i want everything
every star tied to a string

av credit
Advertisement
Instructor
#127 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 9:34 PM
I just started one, but since I love building possibly more than playing, I decided that to keep myself entertained I would make my family actually pass through time, with each day counting as a year. It has given me many excuses to build stuff, and remodel as time progresses. My founder is an English immigrant to the American colonies in 1720 and I have my second gen up to toddlers (I have to play very slowly with them because there are three plus an infant... it's insanity, the poor mom practically never sleeps.)

This has definitely helped me avoid the "must fulfill LTWs and be rich immediately" style of play, cos I put rules on how high they are allowed to go in the careers based on whether or not they are the heir, or how educated they are. And since I am trying to use only objects that exist in that time period, it's a *lot* harder to keep them all happy and entertained. (And alive, as no electricity = no fire alarms!) So I've kind of ignored the "no object CC/hack" rule to make things suit my historical restrictions, but I think I actually made my game harder instead of easier
Forum Resident
#128 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 2:13 AM
I've never made it past gen 5, and since the gen 5 family, I've never made it past gen 3 LOL The only reason the gen 5 family didn't last was either because their neighborhood glitched and I had to delete it, or because I meant to delete another neighborhood and accidentally deleted theirs instead... that was about 3 years ago though so I don't remember now.

At the moment, I've got two legacies (different hoods) going, but I'm pretty bored with both LOL

So I'm planning a new legacy, but first I'll do the Asylum challenge and whoever is the last one left alive from that will be my legacy founder.

Quid agis, medice?

My nickname is Purple Ginger
My nickname's nickname is Ping
Instructor
#129 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 11:14 AM
I couldn't get any of these to work out, and I've been playing everyday nonstop this summer.

What are you supposed to do with all the kids after they grow up? It's weird... and then if you choose a heir, what do you do with all the other kids?
Instructor
#130 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 12:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 888mph
I couldn't get any of these to work out, and I've been playing everyday nonstop this summer.

What are you supposed to do with all the kids after they grow up? It's weird... and then if you choose a heir, what do you do with all the other kids?

Well, you don't have to have the other kids marry, or reproduce, so you could always just let their lines die off. Or come up with a storyline that works them out of the family somehow. (And I'm *not* advocating killing them all off! I swear! Maybe release them to be townies via the hacked teleporter shrub? Is there a rule against that, if they're not in the heir's household anymore?)

But most people keep playing their non-heirs by rotating between all the houses and playing each for a few sim days at a time, so that time progresses at the same rate for the whole family. It's time consuming, but if you're invested in the family members, it's worth it.
Banned
#131 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 3:20 PM
I want to make a story about a bloodline of sims, starting with a very great and prestigious founder.

But does anyone have ideas for a good founder? What kind of founders do you all make and how do you make em special?

Should I make my dude a doctor, a great adventurer, or what?
Lab Assistant
#132 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 10:47 PM
I'm actually doing a VERY hard legacy by going through all of the kids and getting them husbands and kids. Right now I'm on Gen.3, not easy at all!

Anyways my Founder was Adam Klingy. He wrote books for a living. Exciting.

One of his five kids had 13 kids. This is gonna be HARRDDD

:P
Instructor
#133 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Whatwedobest
One of his five kids had 13 kids. This is gonna be HARRDDD

I'm willing to bet 99.5% that it WAS a Family Sim! Family Sims always, always, always want loads of little tots running around. There was one gen in which this blogger girl, somehow, miraculously, popped out five sets of perfect twins without any CC, hacks, or otherwise modifications to her game! (They were all one boy, one girl sets too, for some reason.) It was a TERROR sending them to uni and keeping up with all their separate lives!

Also, when I played Family Sims (even John Burb), they all rolled the want to have 10+ kids; one family of mine had 22 and rode into elderly with the highest level ever somehow. WOW, so this is what life feels like being on top! My whole life was a breeze.
Lab Assistant
#134 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 1:18 AM
I'm willing to bet 99.5% that it WAS a Family Sim! Family Sims always, always, always want loads of little tots running around. There was one gen in which this blogger girl, somehow, miraculously, popped out five sets of perfect twins without any CC, hacks, or otherwise modifications to her game! (They were all one boy, one girl sets too, for some reason.) It was a TERROR sending them to uni and keeping up with all their separate lives!

Also, when I played Family Sims (even John Burb), they all rolled the want to have 10+ kids; one family of mine had 22 and rode into elderly with the highest level ever somehow. WOW, so this is what life feels like being on top! My whole life was a breeze.

Oh my god 22 kids?! I couldn't handle it! Luckily I don't have the Uni exp.! I kinda want it but everyone says it's just trouble so I'm not gonna buy it. I bought TS3, but my computer graphics don't support it so I gotta get them updated until I ccan play that. Good thing I got good old Sims 2 :DMy girl (Julia) who had the 13 kids had 4 (that were quads) with husband number 1 who died in a fire on their wedding day. Then she adopted one. Then husband number two she had 3 (triplets) then he cheated on her and moved out, but she was preggo with a set of his kids and had another 4(quads) Then she got married to the Jacquet dude that came w/ OFB and he also cheated on her, but she had one last kid with him.

Yeah I'm sure HER life was a breeze, I'm sure you know how hard it is with sooo many kids and noo money (cause I don't cheat) and HAVING to keep the child sims HW done. Yeah breeze for HER lol
Kids names are (if I remember right)
Karen
Chad
Brad
Waylon
))))
Jonanthan
))))
Jules
Julian
Julia
))))
Jenny
Ophelia
Justin
and I cannot remember for the love of god the boy to finish off this quad sets name
))))
Lola

Yesh it's gonna be hard. But Julia the mother of the kids is an elder now so who knows! Yep she was a family sim! She has a want to have like 20 grandchildren. Her LTW is to reach the top of some career, but she never had time to get a job so... I think when akk her kids move out and are adults I'm gonna move her back into her original house i made for her when she moved out where her first husband died and have her have a big garden. She loves gardening and has a gold talent badge in it ^_^

Instructor
#135 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Whatwedobest
Oh my god 22 kids?! I couldn't handle it! Luckily I don't have the Uni exp.! I kinda want it but everyone says it's just trouble so I'm not gonna buy it. I bought TS3, but my computer graphics don't support it so I gotta get them updated until I ccan play that. Good thing I got good old Sims 2 :DMy girl (Julia) who had the 13 kids had 4 (that were quads) with husband number 1 who died in a fire on their wedding day. Then she adopted one. Then husband number two she had 3 (triplets) then he cheated on her and moved out, but she was preggo with a set of his kids and had another 4(quads) Then she got married to the Jacquet dude that came w/ OFB and he also cheated on her, but she had one last kid with him.

Yeah I'm sure HER life was a breeze, I'm sure you know how hard it is with sooo many kids and noo money (cause I don't cheat) and HAVING to keep the child sims HW done. Yeah breeze for HER lol

It was hard... it was literally every single day the kids had birthdays! Imagine having to fulfill 24 different wants. Diapers, bottles, and homework everywhere.

Is that Jacquet dude supposed to be Romance or Popularity? I remember he was either one of those or Fortune, but I deleted him now so I can't remember. He is the only Maxis made Sim that actually looks decent, IMO... he looks European, businessy, and chic.
Banned
#136 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 1:46 PM
okay i guess no one's got an answer for my q
Lab Assistant
#137 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 4:20 PM
It was hard... it was literally every single day the kids had birthdays! Imagine having to fulfill 24 different wants. Diapers, bottles, and homework everywhere.

Is that Jacquet dude supposed to be Romance or Popularity? I remember he was either one of those or Fortune, but I deleted him now so I can't remember. He is the only Maxis made Sim that actually looks decent, IMO... he looks European, businessy, and chic.

So true!

The guy was a romance =D Yeah he looks alright ^^

BTW the other kid's name was Paul, I was playing them last night!

Test Subject
#138 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 1:40 AM Last edited by duxbelloram : 6th Aug 2009 at 4:58 AM. Reason: information request
But Shiny Guns, just look at history. Louis Pasteur, Vlad, Idi Amin, the great religions.... you have given me the greatest idea! No one will ever believe it. Thank you! But for you, or any body else for that matter, Cortez was incredible. History is kinda sad because they all start committing acts of physical violence somewhere along the line, but not in Sims, too much....How about Constantine? The early Vikings? The later Vikings? The Rat Pack? Joan of Arc? The Pied Piper of Hamlin? Grims Fair Tales, abridged? You got me going on this, I'm going to have to narrow things down a bit. Thank you.

Read the top of the thread, go to site, go to new rules. Many, many rules.

I've been making my own legacy rules for myself apparently. I cringe at the wrenching poverty the Sims must exist in, it is a poverty of knowledge, not a poverty of riches. Sims aren't too smart. It's astonishing how they die if left to their own resources. I will learn some day to become hardened to their plight, but for now, I prefer to set them up in decent habitations furnished for huma-.... oops, Sims use. If my Sims are too poor to afford a bathroom, it's very unlikely I'll have any need to customize objects.

So, why don't the unattractive Sims die out like the unnattended created Sims? Hmmmmm? I'll search for posts regarding spawning Sims that arent' deformed; if anyone can direct me to info it would be appreciated, on how to do the transformation.

Quote:
Truth is stranger than fiction....
Anon
Instructor
#139 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 5:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shiny Guns
I want to make a story about a bloodline of sims, starting with a very great and prestigious founder.

But does anyone have ideas for a good founder? What kind of founders do you all make and how do you make em special?

Should I make my dude a doctor, a great adventurer, or what?

Depends... do you have a favorite period of history or anything?

I had a ball making mine. I adore the American colonial era ... so I went way overboard making a custom neighborhood and townies before I started the challenge. Then I went online and did some research and made up a backstory for my Founder--decided that he came from a disgraced English family, ran away to the colonies, and then became a pirate. (He wasn't a very *good* pirate, he failed a chance card and lost every penny at about halfway to elder. )
Field Researcher
#140 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 9:13 PM
Wow, when i play legacy's i dont think i follow any of those rules, i just make a family and play 'em 26 generations, yeah, im obsessed with the alphabet
Instructor
#141 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by amyandmia
Wow, when i play legacy's i dont think i follow any of those rules, i just make a family and play 'em 26 generations, yeah, im obsessed with the alphabet

LOL ooo that actually sounds kinda fun! But 26, doesn't that take FOREVER?
Test Subject
#142 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Metatwaddle
But yeah, if anyone has tips on No Regrets, Ivy League or Child Prodigy, I'd really appreciate it.

So Metatwaddle, I'm guessing you're probably off playing S3 now, but I still wanetd to give my tips on Child Prodigy.

AL is the best EP for this! I usually get my kids to max all skills without cheating in a few simple steps: (gotta have AL for this to work)
1. Have child study Physiology FIRST
2. Once they've learned that, have them jump rope to max out Body skills
3. Study other skills as you please until all are maxed out
(literally you can max 3+ skills in a day with this method, woo!)
4-ish. Charisma is very tricky, because children can't study it :/ I know of three non-cheating ways to max this before turning into a teen:
a) max out Charisma as a toddler
b) if you have the Education Career Reward (the bookcase) they can study it there
c) have a Knowledge Sim with the "Impart Knowledge" bonus to teach them

The skills are probably the hardest part of the Child Prodigy, but I think it's kind of an easy bonus!

Anywho, just thought I'd share that tip, because I'm using it in my Legacy right now! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#143 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 8:21 AM
are there any more updated rules for this? i was thinking of starting one.
Field Researcher
#144 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 2:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by katalina522
LOL ooo that actually sounds kinda fun! But 26, doesn't that take FOREVER?

yeah... ive kinda never made it past 3.... (but im trying!)

www.thelongaliens.livejournal.com *updated 7-13-11* please leave a comment if you read it!
Test Subject
#145 Old 24th Apr 2010 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by meggie272
I'm uninstalling TS3 and putting a TS2 legacy on the net. I already have my founder all planned out

This is exactly what I've done.

My Mayfair Legacy family is my pride and joy. I modeled them after the Mayfair Witches in the Anne Rice books. I picked handicaps based on the Mayfair family: Matriarchy (cause the witches inherit the legacy, duh), Free Roaming Ghosts (cause that First Street house is HAUNTED), Storyteller (making each heir/founder write a Mayfair history), and True Love (the witches mate with whoever's strongest, spouses be damned).

My founder is Stella, a bi romance sim/jazz baby. I'm having a blast building her huge, somber townhouse and overgrowing her garden. Eager to get some graves in her graveyard.

I moved in a lover (who later had a huge dramatic breakup with me which involved her hexing my mistress) whose money I appropriated to build the shell of her house - someone let me know if this isn't kosher with the rules. I did it all for plot reasons & with in-game interactions... still feels like cheating somehow.
Test Subject
#146 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 9:59 PM
Default Legacy Questions
I have been thinking about starting a Legacy family in the Sims 2. I went to http://www.legacychallenge.com and read the rules to Legacy game play but i am a little confused when it comes to the money Category:

Category: Money
-You get one point for every $100,000 plus $50,000 for every Expansion Pack you have installed (So a person with all three packs installed would have to earn $250,000 for every money point). There are so many new ways to make money in the game that inflation has set in. The upside is that you may still round up, so you always start with at least 1 legacy point for money. Secondly, there is no more ‘college penalty’ you can move sims back from college with no penalty. The only caveat is that they must have gone all the way through college. The value of owned community lots is added to the household net worth for the purpose of this score. Once the amount earned per point is at 300,000 do not keep adding 50,000 per EP, 300,000 is the max simoleans earned per point.

Points over 10 carry over to the overflow category.

Does this mean i earn points per moneys made? or i recieve money per point earned?
Mad Poster
#147 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 10:35 PM
I believe that it means that you earn points per amount of money earned. Though I have never done a legacy myself.....
Scholar
#148 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 11:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
I believe that it means that you earn points per amount of money earned.

That's what I read it to mean. I'm playing with all EPs installed so would calculate it as "up to §300,000 = 1 point, §300,001 - §600,000 = 2 points" etc etc.
Though as I've also got the "no20Khandouts" mod in my game any heirs going back to the house would go home with however much money they have at the end of University. If it's more than 20K then great, if not then they don't get extra!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Test Subject
#149 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 8:43 PM
I started the challenge, now my 6th Gen heir is a teen already.
I kept all the graves on the lot. My house is full of ghosts!

"For the world, you are somebody
But for somebody, you are the world."

I'm just a girl, and friends call me Steph :).
Scholar
#150 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maladykate
I moved in a lover (who later had a huge dramatic breakup with me which involved her hexing my mistress) whose money I appropriated to build the shell of her house - someone let me know if this isn't kosher with the rules. I did it all for plot reasons & with in-game interactions... still feels like cheating somehow.

I've read the directions I think thats okay.But I know what you mean. I'm enjoying letting my sim struggle and work for a while. I think what I might do is let one of heirs be a bit more devious and scandalous, move people in for money use the sim vac, kill the designated heir, etc...

I started my first Legacy challenge last night.

I'm doing the core rules. My family is the Savage family. My founder is a knowledge sim. Initially I was going to focus on having her produce an heir and move in other sims,but I've decided instead to focus on fufilling her aspirations and building aspiration points so I can use the rewards. I think this will be a good strategy in the long run.
Page 6 of 7