Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Dec 2020 at 7:32 PM
Default Finding associated object meshes based on one file?
In the Sims 3 Fullbuild files, there are lots of unnamed object files in the packages. While you might be able to find some of these in S3OC, other objects are still not listed.

For instance, the files for the sailboat mesh would not be found otherwise as it lacks any object files related to it, consisting only of the named texture files + meshes.
[IMG][/IMG]

In this case, if I've found a texture file for an object I want, is there any way to back-trace what object is linked to the texture file?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 28th Dec 2020 at 12:44 PM
Maybe open the Full/DeltaBuild in S3PE and try this method, see what happens? Could be very tedious to go through all that stuff, tho...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jan 2021 at 8:31 PM
I did consider it, but there are unfortunately a ton of items that are also unnamed.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 25th Jan 2021 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
I did consider it, but there are unfortunately a ton of items that are also unnamed.
I had this *exact* same issue with this butterfly replacement mod I was working on. But the problem is really more than the MODLs for these effects are actually referenced inside the SWB file. (And then with S3PE you can track then down when filtering those references) Now, the problem really is that linking the name of the effect with the mesh when looking at the swb file inside GRID view (inside S3PE of course) is actually quite hard and pretty much impossible to track down the mesh of :/ Because the way it links is that one thing is a hash of that particular thing and then that has some count that then makes it possible to track which links to what... which then also has some hash... as you can see, pretty hard and impossible to track down as a human...

So it is indeed one of those unnamed files, and there are references of it, but the only real way to get that file is either go through all those files and seeing which is the right one, or me getting off my lazy butt and finishing that console program I was making for this exact issue :p