Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No (or fewer) automatic memories (with custom tool to make your own mod) Edited 01/16/2014

by velocitygrass Posted 19th Jun 2011 at 5:16 PM - Updated 19th Aug 2014 at 6:43 PM by velocitygrass : added note about patch 1.66

622 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 370 Feedback Posts, 251 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 25
Inventor
THANKS POST
#76 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 5:27 PM
Wow, thanks. That was fast.

I'll update my German Blog entry

EDIT:

What do you mean by Socials - Hand entered ?
Inventor
Original Poster
#77 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 5:45 PM
@Fikcija: I'm afraid, I don't know what to tell you. The error message said it cannot find this file. If it's exactly next to the .exe, I don't see how it couldn't find it. There are two versions of the tool up now, the original one and one with Game Strings. Maybe you could download the new one with Game Strings and try if that one works for you.

@crinrict: I'm on vacation at the moment Did you actually test if it works? The category names are taken straight from the .xml file and are internal, so it could be just some developer thing. Your guess it as good as mine.
Test Subject
#78 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 5:47 PM
I would like thank you especially for the source code that you provide to the public.
Inventor
#79 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 5:51 PM Last edited by crinrict : 20th Jun 2011 at 6:29 PM.
Yeah, I tried. Looks good. I'll be uploading the German translations for the categories after dinner.

EDIT: I did not try ingame though

EDIT EDIT: Upload German category translation. I'm no that familiar with the common game translation so there might be some translated differently then it is with the game. If anyone wants to change my strings and re-upload, they are welcome too.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Strings_GER_DE_0x080f16b00ba8342f.rar (1.5 KB, 18 downloads)
Mad Poster
#80 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 6:54 PM
I just put the whole entire folder and contents on my desktop, opened up the actual program from there, picked my memories, and then hit save. Error. (Then I saw where it wanted that XML, so I just made a copy of it and put it there for temporary use.) Hit save again, it was ok. I removed the copied XML file from my packages, and left my new memory mod in place. Everything works great in game. It is exactly how I wanted it despite the small snag.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#81 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 7:09 PM
Thanks SO much! My save file inlarged 30+ MB's in a few sim days, cause my 60 sims each got around 20-50 memories, even when they cleaned the toilet. I had to go around and delete all the memories for all of the sims. Thanks again! :D
Test Subject
#82 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
@ninoo and @Nygmanix: It should be simple to do this by modifying the effects file (like the No Mosaic mod does). I will look into creating a tool like this one for the effects file, so that anyone can create their own effects file mod.

Thanks
Forum Resident
#83 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 7:21 PM
Just a thought I've had. If and when this needs an update, could those of us who know how to extract an XML from the GameplayData package just get on with it without waiting for an update, by exporting the new XML?

I guess what I'm asking is, does the tool pull the strings from the XML, or are they hard coded into the tool?

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Test Subject
#84 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 9:49 PM
I deleted it all then just unzipped anew and for some weird reason it works now perfectly. Thank you very much for this mod, it's something I really wanted since the latest patch came out!!
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 9:49 PM
Thank you so much. I played a new game last night with the mod installed and it worked beautifully. There was no lag due to constant stupid memories. And their scrapbooks remain blissfully empty. Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#86 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 9:56 PM
This is really amazing. Thank you so much for the mod and tool. It works great.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#87 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 10:48 PM
dont know if this has been asked but wondering if this mod is compatible w/ the latest version of Twallens Overwatch Mod. thanx anyone for answering~
Instructor
#88 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 10:49 PM
Thanks for this !

I have translated the strings to Spanish, Mexican Spanish, and French.

Note: I'm not a native French speaker, so if you feel that something needs to be changed, do so.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Translated Strings.zip (4.6 KB, 8 downloads)
Description: Spanish, Mexican Spanish, and French translations
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#89 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 11:15 PM
I LOVE THIS MOD! Thank you!

I never knew my sim could get mauled by a bear...weird.
Inventor
Original Poster
#90 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 11:36 PM
@1234567890mm: since I use s3pi, I'd have to anyway, but in any case I think sharing code might help others figure out how to do something and will just benefit the community as a whole. Though it's a bit embarrassing because I'm not very familiar with C#, so even if the code works, it's probably not the best way to do it

@crinrict: Thank you! I will add the file tomorrow

@~MadameButterfly~: I'm quite puzzled why it won't look for the .xml file in the folder where you started the .exe from. Hmm. At least it works and I believe you probably won't use the tool very often, so I hope it wasn't too much of an inconvenience.

@ninoo: It's finished actually, and I'm quite proud of the GUI. It even has a filter. I will upload it tomorrow.

@severedsolo: Yes, it reads from the .xml in the folder, so you could simply replace that with the new one and it should work (unless, of course, they made major changes in the file format). Maybe for the next patch I'll make it so that it reads the data directly from the game file, so that you don't even have to extract the file.

@Fikcija: I'm glad that it works now Maybe the .dll was somehow corrupted during extraction. Thanks for letting me know.

@kneal: Since Twallan's mods are script mods, I don't see why they should conflict. I also use Overwatch and was aware of no problems when I played.

@Sims MX: Thank you! I will add the file tomorrow I can only speak a little French, so I doubt I'd have corrections to make.

@lilfixit: They can when they take the subway
Test Subject
#91 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 1:23 AM
You are a hero. <3
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#92 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 3:11 AM
I get an Unhandled Exception whenever I try to save my edited package on the Memory Modder... I'm not sure if it has to do with the fact that I don't have all of the EPs that contain some of the memories listed there? Ah well, I'm still thrilled just to have the only important memories mod! Thanks so extremely much for this! <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#93 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 3:40 AM
OH MY goodness thank you SOOOOO much x.x i was getting so rediculously tired of "YOUR SIM HAS ONE LOGIC POINT! SHE FEELS WONDERFUL NOW!!!"
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#94 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 7:52 AM
great! downloading now and thanks for it. those memories are terribly pesky
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#95 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 10:09 AM
Greatest! Thank you so much! My memory under my control now! :-)
Test Subject
#96 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 1:17 PM
@ninoo: It's finished actually, and I'm quite proud of the GUI. It even has a filter. I will upload it tomorrow.

WOOT!! I'm waiting for it
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#97 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 1:43 PM
THANK YOU!!! This mod is awesome in the fact that its super easy for someone like me to customize it :3
Forum Resident
#98 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 2:27 PM
@severedsolo: Yes, it reads from the .xml in the folder, so you could simply replace that with the new one and it should work (unless, of course, they made major changes in the file format). Maybe for the next patch I'll make it so that it reads the data directly from the game file, so that you don't even have to extract the file.

That would be freaking awesome.... Scratch that, it's pretty freaking awesome as it is Thanks for the reply.

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#99 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 9:09 PM
Thank you a zillion times!
Inventor
Original Poster
#100 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 10:23 PM
@Starfish of Terror: Without seeing the exact message, I can't know for sure, but some users had errors related to the .xml file in the tool folder. With the latest version of TS3_Memory_Modder_Game_Strings.zip, I have removed the necessity for that file, so maybe you could download that and try again.

@ninoo: The effects modder is up now

@rodier1128: It was created for exactly that reason, though I wasn't sure how many people would be willing to download a tool just to create a mod. But it seems there are quite a few

@severedsolo: It's implemented now. It's actually pretty easy to do codewise. s3pi is just amazing :D
Page 4 of 25