Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 12:49 PM
Default What is your record in sim days playing the same household?
So everyone remembers when you clicked the household's funds you got a Budget pop-up like this, right?
And the last thing written shows how many sim days you have played on that lot with that household.

I love that feature and I used to spy on it a lot. I can still remember what disappointment it was when they didn't include same thing for Sims 2. It would have been much more interesting in Sims 2, because well, sims actually started to have kids who would grow and eventually have their own kids and then die etc.

Anyways, what is your record?

Mine is 74 days and I am so proud of it. Ah, all the hours of frustration.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 8:00 PM
I think I made it to about 100 or so, but it was rare for me.

The Sims 2 probably didn't include that feature because of the new generational play.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 1:37 PM
Somewhere in the neighborhood of 160. That was with Dougie Angelo, a Sim I was very attached to. He was a police officer and had a few "ex-cop" buddies who were then in other careers, but they all met every other night at my favorite downtown lot (a restaurant-bar). He also had an active dating life, and eventually -- somewhere in the 130 day range -- got married. After he had a wife and kids I stopped playing him as much. I'm not sure how many days I played that house all told -- I remember seeing 163 -- because after a while I stopped paying attention. The easter egg pop-ups were repeating themselves, if I remember correctly.

When I started playing Sims 2, I recreated Dougie, his wife, and their daughter Lisa. This time I let Dougie get promotions, and he became the police chief, puttering around town as an elder in a fedora and handlebar mustache.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 5:59 PM
I played several households long enough to see the 100 day popup, but I always make the mistake of letting my sims have kids or lots of pets, so the household becomes a chore to play! I always ended up using magic to humanise the pets or grow up the kids, just so that I could move them out.
Inventor
#5 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 11:31 PM
I got just over 100 days with my Sparrow family before I had to do a reinstall. I remember I grew up their only child, couldn't figure out how to move just her out, so I moved them all to a new lot and tried to kill the parents in the pool, but couldn't do it, lol, so I made them a small house on the same lot and she became a movie star.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 6:06 AM
Wow, I didn't know you could see how many days! I know with my self-sim I must have played something over 100 days. I'll have to check next time I play.
Test Subject
#7 Old 19th Aug 2012 at 1:59 AM
I could never make it over over like, 20.