Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 30th Oct 2015 at 8:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
I'm against excess consumption.

Of just alcohol, or would there be a greater grey area there?

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 30th Oct 2015 at 8:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pizza
A break up counts as a loss, doesn't it?

Depends on how one looks at it. What maybe a loss to one could be a gain to another.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

#28 Old 30th Oct 2015 at 9:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Depends on how one looks at it. What maybe a loss to one could be a gain to another.

At the risk of thread derailment .. I found this to be true, one man's loss was definitely my gain.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 30th Oct 2015 at 11:24 AM
And to back up HarVee and pizza, you don't always get to see what bullets you dodged. Loss of a partner could mean freedom in ways that matter such as being able to move forward or build relationships that count, explore passions (art, writing, a career or service to others) or it might mean freedom from the guilt someone imposes on another, unreasonable restrictions, lack of warmth, abuse, etc....

Panda, I still think you're on the right path to healing by throwing yourself into constructive projects. It's self-affirming, which is very healing. And sorry about going off on tangents.
Scholar
#30 Old 30th Oct 2015 at 8:53 PM
Funny word, 'consumption.' The act or process of consuming.

Consume means to use up, to eat, to waste.

I might suggest that anyone who does not actively contribute to the health of his/her community is guilty of "excess consumption."
And certainly anyone who is selfish, self-absorbed, and/or self-entitled is guilty of "excess consumption."

Thank you for reminding me not to spend my days shopping for useless crap, or sitting on my ass like some waste of space.
Thank you for reminding me that as an adult, I am obligated to give back to my community.

I haven't volunteered a single hour in 5 weeks. I'm calling my haunts today. Thank you for the nudge, PQ.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 30th Oct 2015 at 9:31 PM
Last night, I drastically cleaned my room. I now have some dolls on the shelves now. I am working on my doll collection after being bought dolls for me by my mother.

Still, I could go the lazyass route in doll house making:
*Buy some bookcases
*Measure a few extra inches between "floors"
*Alter the shelves to be wallpapered and have elements of wall with doors and stairs

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)

Page 2 of 2