Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 9:40 PM
Default A Friendship Like No Other (Ed and Envy Short Story)
Envy looked up at the stars and smiled. He loved the nights when he could just lay on the cool grass and think about, well whatever he wanted of course. Envy was drifting off to sleep when he felt someone laying down beside him. He turned his head and screamed.
"Ed! What are you doing here?" he looked at the boy as he calmed down and sat next to him. Ed turned his head and grinned at Envy.
"I wanted to look at the stars and then I saw you. So I thought Sure I could go for a fight " Ed laughed and grinned at Envy.
" Why do you want to fight anyways? I thought humans hated it." Envy looked at Ed inattentively. He layed down and looked at the stars again. "Hey Ed?" Envy asked hesitantly.
" Yeah, Envy?" asked Ed.
"What was it like having a mother?" Envy asked. Ed looked at him with shock in his golden eyes. He saw a tear run down Envy's cheek.
"It was wonderful. I remember coming home with Al, only to be greeted with a plate of delicious hot cookies and a warm smile. Come to think of it I don't know which one I liked more." Ed said and his voice broke for a second.
"It must have been nice though. I just have Dante. She treats me more like a slave than anything. Ed looked at Envy and felt ashamed at himself. He thought he had no mother. Envy had been left alone with Dante, an insane woman bent on gaining power with the help of homunculi. He hugged Envy and that night. They forgot all about their previous battles or the fact that Envy called Ed short. They were friends and that's all that mattered.
Screenshots