Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Drift/Lower Level Free Cam Camera Mod - Updated For Island Paradise/Patch 1.55

by aikea guinea Posted 12th Jun 2009 at 8:53 AM - Updated 28th Oct 2013 at 7:08 PM by aikea guinea : EP update

249 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 195 Feedback Posts, 53 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 10
Test Subject
#76 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 11:30 PM
Ill test it out later, made sure I backed up the original. Thanks for the time put in.
Test Subject
#77 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 12:01 AM
Am i doing something wrong..

I did as the installment note says, replace my other video ini file (made backup ofc). But ingame the camera still drift. =(
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 6:00 AM
Does this get rid object fading by chance?
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 1:58 PM
Wooow, I was dreaming of a new camera! The original one drives me sick as well! Thank you!!!
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 2:32 PM
Thanx a bunch bud...I modded my VideoCamera.ini file as well so I want to see what changes you made compared to mine. Thanx again..
Test Subject
#81 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cephsus
Am i doing something wrong..

I did as the installment note says, replace my other video ini file (made backup ofc). But ingame the camera still drift. =(

Hit the "tab" button to change to free cam mode...think you hit it twice, once gives you a non-interface screen the second tab will bring you to the free cam.
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 9:15 PM
Very nice I've been using for a while and it works very well. I'm glad I can finally go to ground level. Thanks!
Test Subject
#83 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 10:18 PM Last edited by Cephsus : 19th Jun 2009 at 10:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by huntgod
Hit the "tab" button to change to free cam mode...think you hit it twice, once gives you a non-interface screen the second tab will bring you to the free cam.

Oh thank you so much.
I never knew of this, ill give it a go next time i boot up the sims. =D

/edit
Hm tried it, still seem to just drift everytime i move the cam around. Oh well.
Test Subject
#84 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 5:14 AM
Oops, in my eagerness I forgot to make a backup of the original camera file. Is there anyone that could give me a link for a download of the original?
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 3:45 PM
Uhm.. I don't have any of these folder you said you shud have them in :O.

Tumblr: Springbunnysims
Test Subject
#86 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 7:14 PM
Lovely, and here I thought I was the only one who despised the camera movement.
Test Subject
#87 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 6:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aikea guinea
If I'm thinking of the same 'bounce' you are, it's related to the ground level and annoys me as well. Not sure if it can be fixed.

I'm pretty sure we're thinking of the same thing. It sort of bounces you upwards (or downwards) when you move the camera over certain areas. I just can't seem to figure out exactly what causes it and why but it makes certain lots absolutely frustrating to maneuver around. It was the same in Sims 2 though I don't know if it was fixed by a mod since I never used any camera mods.

It would be a work of true genius if you could remove this hideous "feature".
I'll definitely keep an eye out here in hopes that you come to figure out how to remove it.

Thanks for the mod as it is, though. It's awesome.
Test Subject
#88 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 3:17 AM
Thanks so very much......... I can really enjoy my Sims so much more now. You are really great!!!!!!
Test Subject
#89 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 10:11 AM
Thank You Sooooooo Much!!!!!
Field Researcher
#90 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 11:17 PM
Thank you big time the way the camera jigged about would take your eye out!
Test Subject
#91 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 11:44 PM
Thanks!!!
Test Subject
#92 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 7:56 PM
I.. Love... You!
Test Subject
#93 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 6:13 PM
I just noticed how incredibly annoying the original camera is xD Thank you SO much aikea, I'm a fan!
Test Subject
#94 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 7:53 PM
I am much obliged. Since I started playing Sims3 the day it arrived the camera settings has irritated me, cause I just love taking close-ups and it's been impossible for me. So this is really needed. Thankyou very much.

goes to test this...

Just happy being around at ModTheSims2, getting a chance to get creative downloads, for my game. Mia.
Test Subject
#95 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 1:46 AM
I cant get the camera to go lower towards the ground. Its still the same as the original camera. I am positive I put the file in the correct spot. And I already tried the solution I saw on this thread, but still nothing.
Instructor
#96 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 8:13 PM
Suh-weet! This'll make me a happier player. It's a bit odd they made it so the camera does NOT realistically go lower. Kind of makes it hard to give my sims a better once over AFTER making them in CAS.
Test Subject
#97 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 3:23 AM
yea that is great .. the base one used to drive me crazy

Thanks alot
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 12:45 AM
Just what I needed, thank you so much!!!
Test Subject
#99 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 1:53 PM
Thank you for the fix, although my freecam still spins and snaps to stare at the ceiling/floor at the slightest provocation. It doesn't seem to go up or down, either.

Will you ever make a fix for the standard camera?
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 18th Jul 2009 at 12:08 AM
Thanks for this!

This will really help with taking great screenshots for my Legacy.
Page 4 of 10