Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Drift/Lower Level Free Cam Camera Mod - Updated For Island Paradise/Patch 1.55

by aikea guinea Posted 12th Jun 2009 at 8:53 AM - Updated 28th Oct 2013 at 7:08 PM by aikea guinea : EP update

249 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 195 Feedback Posts, 53 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 10
Test Subject
#101 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 4:06 AM
Oooh, this looks so much better than the trashy system they gave us. >__<
I can't install it, though, as I can't seem to find the GameData folder. . .
o_o

Is anyone else having this problem or might know of a possible solution?
I'm running on Vista.
Theorist
#102 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xxOhSoTragic
o_o

I'm running on Vista.

I don't have a game data folder either...(Vista as well..)

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Test Subject
#103 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 8:52 PM
ThxX Very Much!
Now I can take great pictures. ^^
This made my day bright in the dark
Test Subject
#104 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 2:16 AM
is this patch 1.3 ready?
Test Subject
#105 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 5:34 AM
I really appreciate this. Camera drift, especially during painting, is terrible. You've made the game for me so much better.
Field Researcher
#106 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 8:29 AM
So, is this still working for patch 1.4?
Test Subject
#107 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 7:24 PM
You have cured my Sims 3 motion sickness. Thank you, thank you, thank you :]
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 8:07 PM
I'm going to sound like a noob here...but what exactly is this "drifting" that everyone is talking about? I've had the game since day one and not had any issues with the camera (other than the bounce, but that was in TS2).
Field Researcher
#109 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chris_damon
I'm going to sound like a noob here...but what exactly is this "drifting" that everyone is talking about? I've had the game since day one and not had any issues with the camera (other than the bounce, but that was in TS2).

This is from the creator's opening post:

"It gets rid of the 'drift' in freecam mode (tab), plus allows the camera to go down to ground level."

If you have never hit the (tab) key & noticed the difference in the camera view then you would probably not know about the "drifting".

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
Test Subject
#110 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 11:50 AM
Default Original VideoCamera.ini missing
Hey, is it possible for you to upload the original VideoCamera.ini on here?
Silly me, I forgot to make a backup and now I can't update to version 1.3
And I lost the original DVD so I can't get it from there.
Please could you upload it on here? Or at least tell me where I can download the original. Thanks.
Test Subject
#111 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 12:23 AM
I too cannot find a GameData folder. Also running on Vista...
Test Subject
#112 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 4:04 PM
I too am confused about the drift thing. If I understand correctly, does this have to do with scrolling past different stories? For example, if you are in central park and you move slightly towards the bathroom building, it will count it as another story and your whole camera will pop upwards even though the place you stopped it at was not yet over the transition. This drift really drives me crazy, especially on my multiple story houses. I did not notice any "drift" problems with the TAB camera, except that it would slightly zoom in or out when you pressed it but that wasn't a big deal.
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 5:00 PM
Thank you! This was really needed. Now, a camera mod that lets you zoom out and see the entire 'hood at once would be helpful if you feel inclined to work on that. If not, thanks again for this one anyway.
Lab Assistant
#114 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 1:54 PM
I also wonder about the up/down "camera jump" annoyance in the vanilla game, and whether that can be altered somehow. I understand from earlier comments that this mod does not remove it?
Test Subject
#115 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 10:16 PM
Where do we install it if we are on a Macintosh??
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 3:54 PM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! A couple of us that play would have the same problem with motion sickness. And it was unbelievably irritating trying to take pictures. Like controlling a bucking bronco. But my favorite part was the fix to move the camera to ground level. Maybe now I can ge a decent shot in the pool.
Test Subject
#117 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 2:17 AM
I was looking for this perfect for the movie I'm creating Thanks.
Test Subject
#118 Old 29th Sep 2009 at 7:43 AM
Thanks! I've been longing for this for some time now. You're wonderful.
Test Subject
#119 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 8:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xxOhSoTragic
o_o

I'm running on Vista.

Everyone who's having a problem finding the GameData folder-I'm using Vista too. I was having the same problem, and then..I found it! xD
You need to open up 'My Computer' when you have the disc in. There should be a thingy that says 'DVD RW Drive (D Sims3'
Open it up, and you should be able to find the GameData folder. ^^
Sorry if my instructions were confusing, I'm not good at explaining stuff
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 3:54 PM
thanks for the mod, excellent work! I had to backup my .INI file before overwrites the original, just in case I need to go back to default view. Love the tweak. Cheerios.
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 11th Nov 2009 at 3:31 AM
It seems that a lot of people are under the impression that this wonderful tool fixes the standard camera problems; it doesn't, it is designed to fix the drift and other problems with the free camera, the one that you are using when you hit the TAB button. TS2 had the same thing.

It would be great if there could be a fix for the standard camera, but meanwhile this tool does wonderful things for the free camera view (TAB).

Aikea, please don't think I am complaining - I am not. I just thought I might clarify this for a few people who were disappointed that it "didn't work", that their camera view was still messed up.

For those who can't find where to install the file:

Perhaps you are looking in the My Documents location? It doesn't go there. Rather, it goes in the install location (the main game directory), exactly where aikea pointed to in the Overview section - C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Ini.

However, if you have Vista 64-bit, you will want to put it here (essentially the same, but with one slight change) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Ini.

Don't forget to back up the "VideoCamera.ini" file!

In Vista 64-bit, there are two separate "Program Files" directories, one for 32-bit programs and one for 64-bit programs. The 64-bit programs (such as The Sims 3) are installed in the "Program Files (x86)" folder.

I hope that made sense. If not, perhaps someone more articulate than I can break it down to be more easily understood.

Thank you very much, aikea, for this very valuable mod.

centime
Test Subject
#122 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 7:15 AM
I just updated my game to 1.6. Sorry if I am jumping the gun, but if you have this installed, make sure you put the original file back in before you download the patch. Or you get a error saying can't find a file and can not patch it. Just thought I would save some ppl trying to figure out why the patch was stopped if they are using this.
Test Subject
#123 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 1:21 AM
Default Deleted backup! Uasdogaeriubgvaiusdbfrju!!!
Quote: Originally posted by ArenaBetty
I just updated my game to 1.6. Sorry if I am jumping the gun, but if you have this installed, make sure you put the original file back in before you download the patch. Or you get a error saying can't find a file and can not patch it. Just thought I would save some ppl trying to figure out why the patch was stopped if they are using this.

Anyone have a link to somewhere I can download the original VideoCamera.ini file because I really want patch 1.6 C'mon someone must know how to get it!
Test Subject
#124 Old 6th Dec 2009 at 9:42 AM
does this let u view directly above so i could look up directly at the sky? thanks
Test Subject
#125 Old 7th Dec 2009 at 9:44 AM
Hopefully this one will work. I tried one a while ago and it didn't. O well, we'll see. I agree that the camera in this one is gghheeyy!!!
Page 5 of 10