Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Newborns Get Zodiac Signs that Match the Current Season

by Sims MX Posted 10th Dec 2012 at 7:14 AM - Updated 15th Sep 2013 at 1:59 AM by Sims MX

190 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 87 Feedback Posts, 102 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 8
Field Researcher
#101 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 12:06 AM
Wow, this mod sounds great, never understood EA's logic of random signs..

Before I install this though, just want to ask, does this conflict with any of the Nrass mods? They change quite a lot which makes me wonder if they might interfere with this :-)

Thanks.
Test Subject
#102 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 11:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseOakMoon
I'm a Sagittarius. Dec. 8th. But I've always considered myself winter, rather than fall.

Strange how people think of things isn't it? My birthday's December 14th, and I hate people calling me a winter baby. I guess it comes from growing up in a farming area, I pay more attention to the seasons than horoscopes.

While having my star-sign in the right season would be nice, I'm happy to take it as it is. Thanks, Sims MX!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#103 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 2:42 AM
This is Awesome! But Summer starts in June, so Gemini's are in spring.
Mad Poster
#104 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 6:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by becibear
Strange how people think of things isn't it? My birthday's December 14th, and I hate people calling me a winter baby. I guess it comes from growing up in a farming area, I pay more attention to the seasons than horoscopes.

Your birthday is the 14th, mine is the 19th :D

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Top Secret Researcher
#105 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 8:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iforgot
Before I install this though, just want to ask, does this conflict with any of the Nrass mods?

This mod conflicts with [Woohooer] for the same reasons it conflicts with Cherry92's mod.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#106 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 2:34 AM
Does it? but he added teen and elder pregnancy strings :O
Instructor
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#107 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 6:03 PM
Thanks for the heads up, Twallan. I've added a note to the OP.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#108 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 7:15 PM
Damn son I want to use both Twallan and your mods. Hey twallan, is there any option like this in Woohooer?
Top Secret Researcher
#109 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 9:14 PM Last edited by twallan : 13th Jan 2013 at 9:44 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Mera Benzema
Damn son I want to use both Twallan and your mods. Hey twallan, is there any option like this in Woohooer?

Honestly, all SimsMX needs to do is listen for the "kHadBaby" event and change the zodiac at that point instead.

I do not believe it is actually necessary that this mod override the interactions that it does.

Unfortunately, [Woohooer] *must* override those interactions to fix a number of EA errors.

Edit: Further details are available in this post : http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=4052731

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Instructor
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#110 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 11:03 PM
That's a far better alternative. I didn't want to override the interactions either, but seeing Cherry92 did it I didn't bother to look for alternatives. Thanks for the input, Twallan.
Instructor
Original Poster
#111 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 5:42 AM
New version is up! It shouldn't conflict with Twallan's Woohoer. I also rearranged the zodiac signs so Aries is the first sign*. Please redownload, make sure you don't have Sims giving birth and replace the old package.

I compiled against patch 1.47, but it may work with patch 1.42.

* I created a new icon to reflect this, but I got the seasons mixed up.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#112 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 6:14 AM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#113 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 11:22 AM
I SERIOUSLY LOVE YOU NOW!! THANK YOU A UNIVERSE!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#114 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 11:26 AM
*ad lib crowd noise*
Top Secret Researcher
#115 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 5:16 PM
Marvelous, I really like this mod.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#116 Old 17th Jan 2013 at 10:20 AM
Now, this mod is pure perfectness! :-) Thank you for all your work and patience for us.
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 21st Jan 2013 at 4:47 AM
wait...... umm isn't virgo in the fall in september? isn't that when the school starts? in Romania people go to school in the fall/ 15th september. so why is that in the summer in this mod?
Field Researcher
#118 Old 21st Jan 2013 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mysteryhouse
wait...... umm isn't virgo in the fall in september? isn't that when the school starts? in Romania people go to school in the fall/ 15th september. so why is that in the summer in this mod?

Because everything got moved around because of the technical starts of the seasons. I think now the signs are put into the season of their starting month, and since virgo starts in august its in the summer. That's the only way I can figure its working now. Personally I liked it better the way it was when Gemini was in the summer. Because I associate that sign with my dad and his birthday is June 15th which i consider to be the summer, but it looks more like its for may now. But it doesn't matter, just think of the zodiac signs only being for the month they start in. Thats what I'm doing so that I can line up the weather patterns with the zodiacs and their real world corresponding months.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#119 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 1:49 AM
Brillllllliant!
Field Researcher
#120 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 5:37 AM Last edited by JT` : 22nd Jan 2013 at 5:48 AM.
Are people still going on about this, now in the opposite direction? Sigh. ;-)

Virgo is one third of the summer, ending almost precisely at the fall equinox of September 22nd. It is definitely a summer sign.

Gemini is one third of the spring, ending precisely at the summer equinox of June 21st. It is definitely a spring sign.

Astrology is based on precession, which slows based on the rotation of the Earth. However, horoscopes are based simply on division of the year into 12 equal segments. What we have now is technically perfect -- as in, accurate by definition, and technically even more accurate than our current Gregorian calendar with its random month lengths. ;-)

This is all Ptolemaic, of course. If you're using Sidereal (a Hindu-derived system), Virgo starts on September 16th. Ptolemaic is definitely the more popular system in the West, however.
Test Subject
#121 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 5:43 AM
this looks great! I am posting links to any mods that I LOVE on my new website and I was wondering if i could post a link to this thread. Please?
Test Subject
#122 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 5:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JT`
Are people still going on about this, now in the opposite direction? Sigh. ;-)

Virgo is one third of the summer, ending almost precisely at the fall equinox of September 22nd. It is definitely a summer sign.

Gemini is one third of the spring, ending precisely at the summer equinox of June 21st. It is definitely a spring sign.

Astrology is based on precession, which slows based on the rotation of the Earth. However, horoscopes are based simply on division of the year into 12 equal segments. What we have now is technically perfect -- as in, accurate by definition, and technically even more accurate than our current Gregorian calendar with its random month lengths. ;-)

This is all Ptolemaic, of course. If you're using Sidereal (a Hindu-derived system), Virgo starts on September 16th. Ptolemaic is definitely the more popular system in the West, however.

I agree, but i also have no clue what you are talking about (okay i have some idea about what you are talking about) But I'm just happy that there is a southern hesmesphere one and that libra is in spring (cause I happen to be a Aussie Libra). I personally LOVE this mod idea.
Instructor
Original Poster
#123 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 3:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HelpMe
this looks great! I am posting links to any mods that I LOVE on my new website and I was wondering if i could post a link to this thread. Please?

Sure, go ahead and post the link
Test Subject
#124 Old 27th Jan 2013 at 1:52 AM
thankyou
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#125 Old 27th Jan 2013 at 4:21 PM
This is one of those mods I didn't know I needed until I saw it. Thanks for sharing!
Page 5 of 8