Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Clean And Empty Stealth Hood Templates

by Jawusa Posted 22nd Feb 2014 at 7:25 PM - Updated 15th Jan 2019 at 1:32 PM by Jawusa

159 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 109 Feedback Posts, 49 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 7
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#76 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 8:34 PM
@PatronusCharms It's possible to hide the townies as well.
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin GAMES\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\UserData and rename the 'Neighborhoods' folder to something else. (e.g 'NeighborhoodsDisabled'). This will prevent the game adding Goopy and the rest to your neighborhoods.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Test Subject
#77 Old 29th Jan 2016 at 8:15 PM
Hi! This is awesome, but it doesn't work for me, i tried it twice and followed all the steps... do you know why?
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#78 Old 29th Jan 2016 at 8:29 PM
@Josefa_B
Make sure that you remove the original files before putting my templates in. Otherwise, the game still has access to it and also try deleting cache files which are found in the Documents/The Sims 2 folder. Both of these issues seem to be common here.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Test Subject
#79 Old 29th Jan 2016 at 10:18 PM Last edited by Josefa_B : 31st Jan 2016 at 2:31 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
@Josefa_B
Make sure that you remove the original files before putting my templates in. Otherwise, the game still has access to it and also try deleting cache files which are found in the Documents/The Sims 2 folder. Both of these issues seem to be common here.

Did both, but nothing. The families are still there whenever I create a new hood.

EDIT: I don'tknow what did i change, but it worked! Yei! :D
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#80 Old 3rd Feb 2016 at 6:39 PM
@Josefa_B I'm glad it works for you now.

My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 9th Mar 2016 at 12:07 AM
I've had no problems with deleting the Hobby Leaders from their Characters folder and leaving the Maxis stealth neighborhood otherwise intact, but I've heard that people have had problems getting the Good and Evil witches to regenerate correctly. Apparently, whichever appears first at a community lot takes possession of both stealth lots. Has anyone else had this experience? Do your Magic stealth lots come with both witches to avoid this?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#82 Old 9th Mar 2016 at 7:17 PM
You're awesome. I used to use the clean templates from MATY, which worked fine until I decided to move my game to a different computer, and then everything went haywire-three copies of each "bin" family! But then I took those templates out, put yours in, loaded up a fresh game and voila! You saved my Sims.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#83 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 5:59 PM
@miros1 I've fixed this issue. These templates come with no sims at all. So anytime you're on a community lot and an evil or good witch appears, the game will generate a new/fixed witch NPC.
By the way, it's also possible that a male head witch can be spawn. Have you ever seen male head witches? EA's defaults witches are always female...

@Jaz/Nim/17 I'm glad you chose to use my templates instead and that everything's working well for you now.
Happy Simming!

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#84 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
...By the way, it's also possible that a male head witch can be spawn. Have you ever seen male head witches? EA's defaults witches are always female...

personaly, I've had more warlock than witches spawned..and elder ones, mostly.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#85 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 3:22 PM
Nice! Thanks!
Test Subject
#86 Old 27th May 2016 at 5:14 AM
Hey! I just recently installed The sims 2 again and I'd like to do this! But I have a question. I have almost every expansion that there is, but I just installed The sims 2 deluxe, Uni, OFB and Seasons so far. Can I just download the Seasons version now without having any problem if I decide to install the other eps later?
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#87 Old 1st Jun 2016 at 12:39 PM
@FefaWhoever
That shouldn't cause a problem.
But if you install a new EP, make sure that you download the empty stealth hood template for that EP.

Good luck and thanks for downloading!

My Simblr
Test Subject
#88 Old 12th Jun 2016 at 9:57 PM
Thanks!
Gotcha, Thank you so much!! I've been playing with them for a while and they're great
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#89 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 6:32 AM
I just wanted to say thank you very much for this.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#90 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 9:19 PM
Thanks <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#91 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 7:06 PM
Thank you! Can't wait to try this out.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#92 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 3:31 AM
Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#93 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 1:24 AM
Thank you, this was desperately needed as I wanted to start a prosperity challenge with an empty Sim bin. Really appreciate it!
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 8:32 PM
Hello there. All of these work - so far - apart from the Pets P001 stealth hood. Despite being 'empty', this is still managing to spawn the Crittur and Roseland families - plus a number of strays! I have tried re-installing, disabling the P001 stealth hood, but to no avail. I am on Windows 7 64 bit with all EP's and SP's. Cannot work out why the game is still spawning the Pets characters...
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#95 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 8:53 PM
@simguru1player
That sounds like that the Pets stealth hood is already attached to the neighborhood. These templates only affect new neighborhoods, created after the installation of these templates.
Try creating a new neighborhood with the empty templates and have a look at the family bin. Let me know the results then.

My Simblr
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#96 Old 4th Nov 2016 at 7:23 PM
Thank you! I'm tired of seeing the same people.
Top Secret Researcher
#97 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 11:59 AM
NOTE to Windows 7 users! I first couldn't get it to work even though I followed all these instructions, but just as I was about to write an angry comment, I saw this: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_gui...an_neighborhood - Read at the bottom of the page for what you also need to do! You need to delete a folder from VirtualStore.

And now it works like a charm!!! Thank you for this upload. :D
Field Researcher
#98 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 10:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
NOTE to Windows 7 users! I first couldn't get it to work even though I followed all these instructions, but just as I was about to write an angry comment, I saw this: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_gui...an_neighborhood - Read at the bottom of the page for what you also need to do! You need to delete a folder from VirtualStore.

And now it works like a charm!!! Thank you for this upload. :D

Pideli or anyone else who knows, please share information about deleting a folder from VirtualStore. I followed Pideli's link but I cannot make head nor tail of the instructions.

I feel I have the same problem as Pideli - I am trying to have empty neighbourhoods in Windows 10. I followed every step carefully but I am still getting townies, even with new empty templates installed and hacks installed.

If someone could please shine a light on the "Virtual Store" issue raised by Pideli I would be most grateful
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#99 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 8:21 AM
Thanks!
Instructor
#100 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Airelda
If someone could please shine a light on the "Virtual Store" issue raised by Pideli I would be most grateful

I can't quite follow those instructions, either. It's okay up to "you see a file called Virtual Store, open it", but after that it doesn't apply any more:
"First, set up you as the owner of the folder and set it to "read only"/write protected. Second, delete the EA Folder in there. "

There is no EA Folder in the "Virtual Store" folder.

Well, I'll try my luck as it is and hope that I'll get a nice, empty neighbourhood for once. Thank you very much for creating these!

"I hate to tell you this..." is a dreadful way to start a sentence. Don't do something you hate to do for my sake, I'm not that important.
Page 4 of 7