Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pleasantview Recreation

by Elias943 Posted 10th Sep 2009 at 5:45 PM - Updated 15th Feb 2020 at 6:26 PM by Elias943

333 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 285 Feedback Posts, 47 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 14
Test Subject
#51 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 10:01 AM
Part 3 is emty, when I get it ! What shell I do?
Scholar
#52 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 10:52 AM Last edited by debwilldo : 15th Oct 2009 at 7:47 PM.
wow! this looks wonderful; i'v missed pleasantview.
however, i followed yor instructions to the letter, and the 3rd file is said to be corrupt.
after reading comments, i don't see anyone else who's had a problem w/the 3rd file only..HELP!....can someone help me out? i watch it leave folder after putting the 3rd file in place.
thanks for this, i plan to keep trying to complete dll...if i can.

after reading,re-reading [I]"downloads for frackin' idiots!", [/I] i finally got it!! ...now to have a test run....thanks again!

"What we say is good for nothing, if we say nothing for good.".
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#53 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 11:48 AM
Guys please read the instructions
Download ALL the parts and the extract from part 1!
If someone of the files are corrupt re download!

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Test Subject
#54 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hraklis943
Guys please read the instructions below the download!

First of all download ALL the parts...
Then extract starting with part 1...
If you get an error message that tells you you need part 2 just hit the button browse for part 2 and select it.....if you get this also with part 3 do the same
Then put the extracted file in YourName/Documents/Electronics Arts/The Sims 3/Saves
**ATTENTION**
NOT into Program Files/The Sims 3/Saves
But in Documents!

Hi Hraklis 943, I did all those things but it still doesn't show up in my game.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Doc1.rar (101.8 KB, 95 downloads)
Test Subject
#55 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 1:20 PM
What a fantastic endeavor! I can't imagine how much thought and time went into this. Thanks for sharing it.
Test Subject
#56 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 1:34 PM
Wow! This is such a great idea! Thank you very much for creating a new neighborhood I was already getting a bit tired of just Sunset Valley :D
Test Subject
#57 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 2:05 PM
:'D I love you.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 2:07 PM
There is very little left that hasn't already been said, but I could not in good conscious just hit the Thank You button and go on my merry way. You have put so much in to this project; and those of us who have always had a soft spot in our hearts for PleasentView, will now be able enjoy many hours of Simming pleasure due to your hard work. Thank You just seems so inadequate, but....
Thank You
Fido

LIfe is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Admin justanothersimssite.com
Test Subject
#59 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 2:22 PM
Wow. Already looking forward to the full town.
Test Subject
#60 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 3:00 PM
I am simply amazed-unless you are just a quick learner and find this all a piece of cake this must have taken you quite some time and dedication-I personally have a hard time doing even the simplest things in the game and have abandoned all hop of ever learning to build a house from scratch..much less create an entire hood based off of the Sims 2!!!I can honestly say that your creation will enhance my game a thousand times over and thank you so much for sharing-I'll keep checking back for anything else you may add!

Sims 3 story is here http://petalpaths.wordpress.com
Scholar
#61 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 3:41 PM
You did a fantastic job organizing the hated rabbit holes. I like how you put them together in a way that made complete sense and cut down on our "commute times". Thanks so much for your hard work and attention to detail.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 3:44 PM
thanks soo much u don't know how thankful i am lol ! when will you upload the families ? its probably well worth the wait after seeing what a great job you made of Pleasantview !!!!! :D

badger badger badger badger MUSHROOM MUSHROOM !!
Test Subject
#63 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 4:01 PM
Dude... when u make the people make sure they're hot...
im tired of ugly sims everywhere in the town
Test Subject
#64 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 4:32 PM
I did the download like you mentioned and i copyed the extracted fir to the doctuments/electroic arts/the sims 3/ saves and its in the game but no houses and the lots don't face the streets. Can you e-mail me at GaminRoge at embarqmail dot come with other information?
GaminRoger AKA Roger
Field Researcher
#65 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 4:43 PM
Awesome job! Thank you for all your hard work! And thanks, too, to all the commenters, who have provided me with many tips in case I have problems with the extraction. This is just wonderful!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#66 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 4:56 PM
Guys i really appreciate all the feedback....
I worked all summer for this and im really happy that you are happy with it....
Please if anyone have problems just retry to download the files because they may got corrupt in the first time...

Check my tumblr:
Test Subject
#67 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 7:52 PM
There are no families in the neighborhood.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#68 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by flo_kim_26
There are no families in the neighborhood.

Please read the decription...

Check my tumblr:
Test Subject
#69 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 9:39 PM
Wow, fantastic! This town downloaded and installed without issue. I am able to play all my previous characters as well as create new ones with no problems whatsoever. Thank you so much for such a terrific share
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#70 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 12:24 AM
Please redownload if the files are corrupted....
It may be a server problem if you download them all together....

Check my tumblr:
Test Subject
#71 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 1:21 AM
Ok. Hate to add another problem.

Step one. I downloaded all three parts seperately to my desktop.
Step two. I extracted from part one, which then led me to part two and three.
Step three. When the final .sims3 thing comes up, it says that "Windows does not know what program to open this". And it gives me the option of searching the internet, or browsing through my current programs.

I browsed through my programs, but Sims3 wasn't on there.

Help?

Thank you for your time.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#72 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 1:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hiscefit
Ok. Hate to add another problem.

Step one. I downloaded all three parts seperately to my desktop.
Step two. I extracted from part one, which then led me to part two and three.
Step three. When the final .sims3 thing comes up, it says that "Windows does not know what program to open this". And it gives me the option of searching the internet, or browsing through my current programs.

I browsed through my programs, but Sims3 wasn't on there.

Help?

Thank you for your time.

Hey....
You done all the steps right except that you didnt notice that you should PLACE this file in Documents/Electronics Arts/The Sims 3/Saves
Have a nice day

Check my tumblr:
Inventor
#73 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 1:48 AM
This is excellent!!

I have spent most of the last 2 days recreating some of the families and placing them in their homes. It's been fun seeing the neighbourhood reform.

I have so far completed;

Goths
Pleasant
Caliente
Burb
Lothario

It's just what I needed after accidentally deleting my favourite neighbourhood recently. Thank you very much for your hard work.

*♥.¸Here we go again .♥*
Test Subject
#74 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 4:34 AM
I know you'll be back!
Hurray
Test Subject
#75 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 6:07 AM
I had to come back and say how much I love it after viewing. It is GREAT!!! You deserve a medal, trophy or something for this lol. I mean...It's just fantastic what you've done Thanks again.
Page 3 of 14