Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#101 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 5:10 AM
I'm not going to start a legacy. I've been wanting to, but I get so awfully bored with my sims. Maybe if I do I'll just try and get generation 2 to adults.

But here's an idea for making it a bit more interesting...for every generation, make the heir have children with a townie of a different skin tone or hair colour. That way, you'll get a colourful family tree...

Call me Meg

lately i want everything
every star tied to a string

av credit
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#102 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 5:13 AM
I thought making a legacy was boring until I took pictures of it then gave it captions. It's a whole lot more interesting that way. :D
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 7:23 AM
I don't think I could play without making a legacy. I take pictures of EVERYTHING. I constantly pause the game to take pictures. I think I spend more time getting good shots than playing.... heehee.

Somebody read it! xD
#104 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 5:49 PM
Well, i started a legacy because i really lost interest in The Sims 2.. I was so excited about Sims 3 and was waiting for it. When i found out it wasn't coming out till June, i was like.. Okay lets just start a Legacy and put it on the net..

I'm doing my best and i actually put my first post on the net just yesterday. Hope y'all like it.. :howdy:
#105 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 10:29 PM
After one failed legacy, I've made one that I'm determined to stick with! It's on Generation 2 at the moment. Both the kids, Kayetan (the heir) and Liesa, are teens, and will be that way until at least tomorrow when I hopefully get FreeTime and Uni. Yes this post was a shameful plug but the link's down there.
#106 Old 9th Mar 2009 at 8:39 PM
I finished one legasy on 11 gen. They were called Ogg And every Ogg has granted his lifetime want.
Now I have another legasy, Ind.
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 9th Mar 2009 at 9:05 PM
I never manage to get past Gen 3. By that time they have so much money it's like I'm doing the same stuff over and over, train the toddlers, get them into private school, etc, etc.

BUT! I just started a Legacy last night and gave myself 8 points worth of handicaps. So, it should at least be interesting. My little family of eggplant farmers. I also started them in the "Derelict Dreamhouse" lot. It was fun, but they've already got it cleaned up, and Gen 2 is just a kid.
#108 Old 9th Mar 2009 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by astillac
I never manage to get past Gen 3. By that time they have so much money it's like I'm doing the same stuff over and over, train the toddlers, get them into private school, etc, etc.

BUT! I just started a Legacy last night and gave myself 8 points worth of handicaps. So, it should at least be interesting. My little family of eggplant farmers. I also started them in the "Derelict Dreamhouse" lot. It was fun, but they've already got it cleaned up, and Gen 2 is just a kid.

You can get into a rut, that's true. Have you tried mixing Legacy with other challenges? Like: Asylum, or Alienophilia, or tried with prosperity rules, for example? It makes it much more fun, in my opinion.
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 10th Mar 2009 at 1:38 AM
I have tried mixing little bits of them together. What are the prosperity rules? I started a new one today because I thought of a story - an alien coming to Strangetown on a breeding mission. Maybe that will help.
Lab Assistant
#110 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 7:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SY_89
Well, i started a legacy because i really lost interest in The Sims 2.. I was so excited about Sims 3 and was waiting for it. When i found out it wasn't coming out till June, i was like.. Okay lets just start a Legacy and put it on the net..

I'm doing my best and i actually put my first post on the net just yesterday. Hope y'all like it.. :howdy:

Hahaha! That's the same thing I did, Im just getting ready to go start my legacy.
Mad Poster
#111 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 10:38 PM
I wanna start one just for the hell of it :D

Can it be any type of sim? cuz I wanna make blood elf founder :D
Test Subject
#112 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 6:34 PM
I got a question, but.. this thread doesn't seem to be too active.. o.o How do you make a Legacy neighborhood? Like.. with the spawning and such. o.o

EDIT: Uh.. how DO you spawn townies..?
#113 Old 30th Mar 2009 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SpeedingUpTheOctaves
I got a question, but.. this thread doesn't seem to be too active.. o.o How do you make a Legacy neighborhood? Like.. with the spawning and such. o.o

EDIT: Uh.. how DO you spawn townies..?

You use boolprop cheat and go onto a inhabited lot. Shift-click on the mailbox and click on neighborhood(I think) then theres a Townie-Spawning thing. Click on it and the game spawns 30 new townies.
Test Subject
#114 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 1:38 AM
I have a question about First generation kids..So in my legacy challenge, I have an Adult male sim that just grew up from a teen, first generation. Is it ok if we marry heirs to CAS sims around the neighborhood? Or can we only marry them to NPC characters? Thanks (:

(This is my first legacy so that's why I don't really know..)
#115 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 2:18 PM
I just got extremely lucky with the townie my sim got together with. It took my male founder, Desuan La Alexander, some place hopping to run into Beverly (forget her lastname). So they flirted and what not until he was almost dead from starvation and exhaustion.

Turns out she came with 2k funds, is high in the Science career, came with some family friends, annnnd is pretty after a makeover. o:
She also not too long after she moved in she went to work and a popup came up, I read and chose one of the options, apparently she got awarded 50k... Kinda made things easier but atleast my sims have a nice house!

Best townie... ever. <3
I might do a legacy story, they still haven't made any kids yet.
Forum Resident
#116 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 5:38 PM
I just got a new computer, so of course I must play the original families again. I only plan to load the base game on my new computer and play that until the Sims 3 comes out. (I bought both the CD and DVD version of Sims 2, so I can legally play it on two machines. One computer gets all the EPs and the other remains just the basics. I like to return to the basics now and then.)
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 2:11 AM
Hi, I have decided to give this Legacy Challenge a try. First time, and I am keeping it to the simple rules. IE no handicaps. Which is very hard for me, because I am a motherlode kind of gal, this is killing me to have to buy one thing at a time,lol. I do have a couple of questions tho, 1. Since we are doing heirs and generations, that I have to let my sims age like they are supposed to , correct? 2. What kind of careers does everyone put their founders in, in order to be rolling in the money? I also am going to have trouble with the point system, but I will work at it. I also think there is something wrong with all my sims, very few of my sims actually ever get any lightening bolts, and the few who do, get them for every member of the opposite sex. Is that normal, or am I just not capable of creating a winning pair, lol? good luck all

update:
Okay, well I was right, didn't last long. Couldn't stand not having money and not being able to buy anything. So I used my fav cheat. I will continue everything else and see how it goes tho. Will try again another time.
Test Subject
#118 Old 12th Apr 2009 at 4:03 PM
I suck at legacies. I've started loads of them and NEVER finish them. I usually give up pretty soon after startng them. The furthest I've ever got is generation 2. So I've decided that before TS3 comes out, I need to complete at least 1 legacy on TS2. I probably won't be able to do it, but I'll try.
Lab Assistant
#119 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 5:42 AM
Ha, it wouldn't be so bad if they gave you money to do it with. That and the age thing, I mean you have to hurry up and have kids before you get old. I usually play with my ageing off, that way I have time to play around.
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 14th Apr 2009 at 9:55 AM
Thanks engram fro helping me.
#121 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 1:04 PM
I started playing a legacy, but then in Gen 4 the lot got so laggy I had to stop. (Word to the wise, if you haven't got an amazing computer, don't install the trips&quads or no family size limit hack. Or both. 8D; I've just started a new one on a smaller lot, with the help of familyfunds to reduce funds, and so far it's going very well. Gen 2 is all teenagers now, and the founder's just become an elder. I love them all dearly. ^__^

While playing my legacy last night, this idea wormed its way into my head. I PM'd boolPropped and she said this was the best place to put this...so...uh...yeah.

8 Simple Rules for Marrying My Heiress Daughter

1. You must be good looking. Enormous cheeks, huge jaws, long mouths, and sunken noses are immediate disqualifiers for your eligibility, no matter how much my daughter might love you. Overly long noses are okay under certain circumstances. Blonde or red hair will greatly improve your chances, as will any eye color that is not brown. Skintone does not matter.

2. Yes, we do indeed have a lot of money. It comes from a strong bloodline and many generations of existence. But unlike us, you are not entitled to it. You must earn your right to live in our large fancy house by remaining faithful to my daughter. Any attempts to sleep with the maid will result in your immediate expulsion and replacement. Also, you may not waste our riches. I know you want a game that costs more than $5,000, but will we ever actually need a bowling alley in our house? No. So there.

3. You are certainly a special young man, to be one of the few that has passed my criteria. But that does not make you better than me, or my daughter. Because you are not directly descended from our foundress, you are a second-class citizen, a temporary guest. No matter your level of intelligence, you are an oblivious idiot. You will be expected to cook the food and make the beds. You will be expected to do menial tasks we do not want to do, such as pay taxes. You are disposable, and the cowplant awaits if you annoy me.

4. Who’s that pale young man sleeping on our couch, not working, and eating all our food, you say? That’s my vampire-werewolf great-great-grand-uncle. He was the one who raised me while my mother, whom he also raised, was out woohoo’ing everyone on the block, so I love him very dearly. He is allowed to do whatever he wants, and you must be as tolerant and loving to him as we are. If you are not, then that is your own punishment, as he has 10 body points and will likely kick your ass. Also, don’t be offended if one of your daughters happens to have the hots for him, or vice versa. The same thing happened with my sister.

5. You will have children. Rather, you will sire children. I don’t care what you think of them, and frankly I don’t care if you ignore them, because my daughter, my great-great-grand-uncle and I can do a good job of raising them well, and we don’t need your help, except to change a diaper or give a bottle every so often. Failure to produce children means that you are a failure, and failure to produce beautiful children means that you are still a failure.

6. You will not stargaze with the family telescope under any circumstances whatsoever. I myself know personally what will happen to you if you do, as you can see from my daughter’s appearance, and I will take especial pains to make sure that does not happen to you. This is not so much for the sake of your own safety and sanity as it is for the fact that I do not even want to pretend to be a loving grandfather to an alien child that has no relation to me, or chance at being heir, whatsoever. Looking at the stars without a telescope is only acceptable after you have at least two children.

7. I honestly don’t care whether or not you’re in aspiration failure, and I think your insanity is hilarious. So please, do talk to the volleyball and dance with the mop. There is no way that I or anyone will move to stop you. Unless, of course, your whining comes to annoy me, in which case we will get that genie lamp that’s been sitting outside all those years to make you perma-plat and shut you the hell up. Be aware that this is a last resort. Pretending to go insane is no fun for anyone.

8. Once you have sired an heir, you are no longer immediately useful. Whether or not you will be killed off as an elder to make space in the house is entirely up to your children.
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 10:00 PM
Skuld Lunrix: Haha, that's hilarious! I can see some father explaining this to his daughter's fiance or something, with the fiance shaking it their boots. :]
#123 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 3:04 AM
Skuld Lunrix:

Couple questions because i'm a total n00b for generations and legacies (but not at sims!)

-When I'm reading someones legacy, they have them numbered such as 1.1,1.2,1.3.2,4. whats the .#'s for? I mean I understand generation 1-10, but what does it mean for .1,.2,.3..etc?
-How long does it take you guys to get onto the next generation?
Scholar
#124 Old 16th May 2009 at 8:54 AM
Lumino: that's for the number of updates per generation. For instance, 1.0 would be the first update of generation 1. If you haven't made it to generation 2 yet and you want another update, that's 1.1. When generation 2 does roll around (for instance, when the heir becomes adult or watever), you go to 2.0, then 2.1, etc.

I started a legacy today I've started a few but never got past the first few days. My founder is Ella-Jane Foibitty. She married a dormie called Makoto Bruty, who turned out pretty good-looking, and they've just had baby no. 1, Leah Foibitty. It's raelly fun. It won't be on the Net, however.

Call me Meg

lately i want everything
every star tied to a string

av credit
Inventor
#125 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 12:16 AM
Wow, I can't beleive I actually started a legacy without ever posting on this thread... wow...

Gen. 1 is about to go white, so here are some nice family pictures from Son #2.1's wedding.

That would be Garrett David Nines and his at-the-time fiance Helen Smith right before their vows.

"Welcome to the family!" Legacy founder Arthur Nines with his new daughter-in-law.

The man of the hour with dad Arthur and brother Daniel Robert during the reception.

New sisters Helen and Rose Marie discuss the wedding.

"It's okay, I haven't left the nest yet." Rose reassures her mother, Katherine, with a big hug.

At the end of a long, exhausting day, Arthur leads Katherine to sleep with a kiss on the forehead.

Garrett is adopted, hence the strange name and looks. Daniel and Rose are both born biologically. Lots of strange things have happened in the Nines family, so don't think it's a happy world out there. Katherine got pregnant the first day of playing, but her baby Jonathan died during his first night, I did cause that on purpose, I wanted them to start off in an interesting way. Soon after came Daniel. But then, seven or eight WooHoos and nothing. So they adopted Garrett. That night I think Katherine got preggers with Rose, who I was positive was going to be a girl. Then when Rose was halfway to teenager, about six days before the wedding, Katherine got pregnant with twins, but miscarried. Now it's three days 'till elder, so no more kids for Gen 1. Can't wait for Gen 3 to start!
Page 5 of 7