Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 10:20 AM
I'm trying this right now. =)

Currently very happy because The sims 2 Ultimate Collection works on Windows 8. Yay!
I'm from Italy, please excuse any grammar errors. :)
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 5:49 PM
I played for 1 sim-week, and nobody died. Big surprise! Nothing really special happened, there was a fire atleast every other day and group meal was served one_single_time. I felt sorry for the kid and toddler, they were neglected alot. As usual, I got bored with this already but it was nice to see, how sims behave when they get to make their own decitions (and when playing without hacks). It made me appreciate my huge hack-folder alot

MaraLetsPlay on Youtube - Sims Let's Plays and Livestreams
Mara @ LJ - Downloads and stories
TS2 Patch and Pre-made Sim Archive | TS2 Townie/NPC Archive | TS3 Pre-made Sim Archive
Scholar
#28 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 9:54 PM
I liked this challenge because I didn't have to micromanage. Whenever I realized I hadn't checked up on a sim in a while, I would just say, "Oh, I don't care, I don't need to check on them anyways!" It was an excellent challenge. And it was challenging in a different sort of way. (Although I don't know if putting food out for them and waiting for them to get to it counts as controlling them. Haha.)
I agree. It is GREAT having everyone go to school/work. I love it.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Maranatah
It made me appreciate my huge hack-folder alot
omg i know! i sometimes forget how annoying the game is when there arent any hacks!
Field Researcher
#30 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 6:24 PM
I've never done a challenge before, but this sounds ridiculously fun. I might take a stab at it later.
Test Subject
#31 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 1:30 PM Last edited by Chaynne : 19th Jun 2010 at 1:50 PM. Reason: 'Cos I is a fuzzlehead :)
Ok, I've done the challenge again, and this time only two people died! Of course, it helped that I made everyone permaplat from the first day, which helped to get everyone off to work. It didn't stop people from crowding around the fridge complaining how damn hungry they were then waiting paitently to stuff their face. I didn't see the deaths, as I was away from the pc and had the game on triple speed, but they both died the day they turned elder - which was when I was going to stop the challenge! It was still fun the second time around - I created three different families and put them into the one household to give them a little variety. I have ACR so I had to direct the teens to check out people in the house (a tiny cheat, I know) but worth the lulz. She ended up falling for two brothers and slept with both before one found out and got jealous. She then got the hots for one of the new guys in the house who came in to replace one of my dead sims This challenge is best fun one I've had with the Sims for ages!

~ I'm the sanest person I know ~

My YouTube Channel
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 8:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chaynne
This challenge is best fun one I've had with the Sims for ages!

its awesome to hear that! sounds like u did a great job :lovestruc
Instructor
#33 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 10:53 AM Last edited by LFact : 30th Jun 2010 at 1:49 PM.
Tried it, but already disqualified. XD I couldn't help but to cancel some interaction or activity(example: cancel playing with toy to make the toddler get into the crib). However, with various hacks and objects, even toddler can take care of most of needs(feeEssen and Rebecah's baby objects are useful for that). Also I sent the kids to Simlogical Prep School, so I don't need to worry about homeworks.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 2:31 AM
Hm I'll try this but I'm afraid I'll have to get them jobs the normal way. I just don't want to use that cheat. Really I don't see why you can't get their jobs like usual as long as that's ALL the control you put on them.
Test Subject
#35 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 6:14 PM
haha this sounds SSOO fun this ACR hack definently sounds like it makes your game a LOT more interesting where do I get it??
Forum Resident
#36 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 6:42 PM
I once accidentally did something like this. I fell asleep, and my sims progressed without me. It'll be interesting to watch this happen.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by skyeiskewl
haha this sounds SSOO fun this ACR hack definently sounds like it makes your game a LOT more interesting where do I get it??

from here: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php/topic,19.0.html
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 12:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by feliciaqueens
Hm I'll try this but I'm afraid I'll have to get them jobs the normal way. I just don't want to use that cheat. Really I don't see why you can't get their jobs like usual as long as that's ALL the control you put on them.

yep thats fine!
Test Subject
#39 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 1:14 AM
Thanks aishah i'm definently gonna try this challenge very soon
Test Subject
#40 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 4:14 PM
hahaha this might be realllly fun! i cant wait to try it!! i am going to make the sims right now!!! yay!
Test Subject
#41 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 5:56 PM
AAHH! it drove me CRAZY!!! my sims were doing annoying actions!!!!
-i am so tired, i am going to nap on the couch where everyone else is watching tv, wake up and scream about how tired i am.
-i have to pee, so i am going to my room to write about knomes and chess in my diary, then stand up and pee on myself.
-i am sooo hungry that i am going to put a tv dinner in the oven, then go to the fridge and eat random stuff while someone else takes my tv dinner, then keep crying about how hungry i am.
-i hate this sim so much i decided i am going to walk up to them and give them a friendly hug, get rejected and do it again.
-i love my daughter so much instead of changing her diaper i will pick her up and give her a bath until shes clean and let her sit there with her poop in her diaper.
-i am so stinky i decided to go pet a skunk. (PETS EP. but why would you pet a skunk?!?)
but man it was actually fun!
Test Subject
#42 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 6:02 PM
This is going to be splendid! I am making a family like this ASAP! x)

- CandinFat(:
Test Subject
#43 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 2:38 AM
Ok I'm opening up body shop right now to make my sims for the challenge. I'll let ya'll know how it goes
Mad Poster
#44 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 4:03 AM
I had a Sim living in an apartment get a roommate, and it FELT like sit back and watch!
Banned
#45 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 8:32 AM
There's one teensy problem with this challenge and that's the fact that homework can't be deleted. Believe me, I tried. In the end I had to direct one of the teens to work her way through the pile because I was getting social worker warnings. I don't have any auto-do-homework hacks.
Instructor
#46 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 9:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by perihelion
There's one teensy problem with this challenge and that's the fact that homework can't be deleted. Believe me, I tried. In the end I had to direct one of the teens to work her way through the pile because I was getting social worker warnings. I don't have any auto-do-homework hacks.

I think you can use 'MoveObjects on' to delete not deletable objects. Or you can get School changer and custom schools from Simlogical, then assign all kids to 'Simlogical Prep School'. Then the kids will come home later than normal school, without holding homeworks.
Banned
#47 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LFact
I think you can use 'MoveObjects on' to delete not deletable objects.

No, you can't. I tried.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#48 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by perihelion
There's one teensy problem with this challenge and that's the fact that homework can't be deleted.

yes it can! activate the Move_Objects cheat and then place the homework on a dining table...then just delete the table! i have done it that way for years! it works for everyone TIP: it MUST be a dining table and not a coffee table or desk

Quote: Originally posted by no_wayy_its_sierraa13
AAHH! it drove me CRAZY!!! my sims were doing annoying actions!!!!

i KNOW! what i hate most is when the Sims have really low motives and they decide the best thing to do is Hang Out with someone for 6 straight hours! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!
Scholar
#49 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 1:17 AM
Um, you don't need moveobjects on to delete objects. You just need the SLEDGEHAMMER tool. Click on the sledgehammer and click on the homework. Bye-bye homework.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Test Subject
#50 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 3:13 AM
I love this! lol im guilty of "OCD" micromanagement and im always dictating their habits and such . This challenge seems the most fun for me and the pics in this thread make me LOL!(Sims are tooo cute). "The bathroom gathering" and "sleeping in wrong beds" will certainly be entertaining. These are the main things other than the entire family having single instant meals constantly ! ^.^ I hope one of them will actually end up cooking for them. I have a feeling im going to see wild sims do their wild thing. lol Im trying this tonight and will try to keep up the scoring and such , but this will be my first attempt at a community challenge , Ill post pics to show

Thanks!
Page 2 of 7